Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Starborn (KOTOR Era AT)  (Read 3083 times)
Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

Mando'ad She'laar, Light Side Jetii

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2021, 01:21:34 AM »

Chapter 5: Lower City Apartments Part 2

It ended up being an apartment not too far from Davik’s compound. Inside was a tall orchid skinned togruta female with pale orange markings down their montrals. They took one look at her and Canderous, looked down either side of the hall, and motioned them inside.

“Joralee? Is someone there?” From the other side of the room a midnight blue female twi’lek stood from the vanity table, pale lilac eyes lined with silvery powder. She was wearing a long flowing robe that seemed to shimmer as she moved.

“Aola, it is Canderous. He has brought us a guest.” The togruta said calmly, even as the air around them grew wary.

“Canderous, it has been some time since I have seen you. You no longer come to the Silver Moon.” The woman was saying as she crossed the apartment.

“Been busy, Aola.” The man next to her said with a shrug. He looked between the woman and her for a moment before deciding to just get it over with. “This is Stella Ordo, my daughter.”

“Your what?” The togruta, Joralee, asked in stunned surprise.

“My daughter.” He repeated evenly. “She came to find me. Got here just before the Sith Blockade.” The two who owned the apartment looked at one another for a moment.

“I… didn’t know you had a family.” Aola looked between them for a moment before she began to smile. “Well then, what can I help you with? You obviously didn’t come here for a social visit.”

“She wants to go visit the upper floors.” Canderous said with a small frown. “She’s a bit too independent for me to stop her,” the two women snickered, “so I hoped you might make her look a little less… noticeable.”

The women eyed her for a moment before Aola smiled and held out a hand. “Come, my dear, let us see what we two entertainers can do for you.”

Stella took her hand with a bright smile. “Thank you. I appreciate the help.” The woman startled slightly before laughing in delight.

“You speak Ryl? That is rare.” Stella let herself be led over to the vanity and be pushed into the chair.

“I speak a lot of languages, I find it useful. Although I am sorry I cannot speak to you properly, with all the proper subtext involved.” The woman hummed in response as she began pulling out pots of paint.

“Are you allergic to any cosmetics? Any problems with contacts?” Stella shook her head at the questions. Even if she had a mild allergy to the paint she could heal herself if needed.

The woman quickly set to work, asking her to close her eyes, and Stella let the woman work. The cosmetic that was brushed over her skin felt heavy, uncomfortable. “What is this?” She asked, curious.

“It is colored powder. The color will last for about one solar cycle unless you wash it off with special soap. I will give you a small bottle of the soap for later.” The woman promised as her hands moved gracefully across Stella’s skin. “What do you want done with your hair? I must admit that I am less skilled with hair than I am with skin.”

“I can do my own hair, don’t worry about it.” The woman hummed in response and moved on to Stella’s hands.

“You will need to remove your armor so I may color more of your skin. You would not want it to peek out from your clothes and give you away.” Grumbling she quickly slipped off her gloves, bracers, chest, and back pieces before slipping out of the top part of her flight suit. She didn’t particularly mind her body being seen, she had a breast-band on after all so she was not indecent.

That heavy brushing sensation crossed her shoulders, her neck, and down her chest to the top of her breasts. Then Aola covered her hands and continued halfway up her arms. “That should be good for now. You will need to wait a moment for it to set, then the real work can begin.”

Stella nodded carefully and sat in the chair, counting her breaths. Somewhere behind her she could sense Canderous sitting next to the togruta, it seemed they were playing some sort of card game.

“Is he really your father?” She heard Aola ask quietly beside her ear. “You are not… in any trouble, are you?”

Stella let out a small laugh. “Yes, he is my father and no, I am not in trouble.” In a manner of speaking Canderous was her current guardian, which meant that for all intents and purposes he was her parent. It wasn’t quite a lie, even if she still felt a little guilty about it.

“If you say so, I will believe you. But if you need somewhere to stay, you come to us.” Stella smiled.

“Thank you, I appreciate it.” The woman gently pat her arm where there was no cosmetic before rummaging around the vanity.

It didn’t take long for whatever was on her skin to fully set. “Now I just need to add the last few touch-ups to make it look more natural. Eyes closed please.” Closing her eyes she felt the woman fall into an almost concentrated meditation, her hands steady as the cosmetics brush danced across Stella’s skin once again.

“All done, dear. Now we just need to put in the contacts and you’re good to go.” Opening her eyes she turned to look at herself in the mirror but was stopped by Aola. “Which color were you thinking of?” Looking down into the small case she forced herself not to nibble on her bottom lip and undo all the woman’s hard work.

“Blue.” That way if they slipped a little the natural purple of her eyes wouldn’t be as noticeable.

Aola seemed to understand and found a shade of blue that was vibrant without looking unnatural for a baseline human. She helped Stella put them in and gave her a case for later. “Come, I’ll show you the fresher. Joralee should have grabbed you some clothes by now.”

As if on cue the togruta came forward with a set of folded fabric. “Get changed, let me know if they don’t fit.”

Nodding she took the folded clothes and was practically pushed into the bathroom. With a small huff of amusement she slipped out of her kute and changed into the simple tunic and trousers that had been provided. After slipping her boots back on she folded the two halves of the tunic over one another before wrapping her waist with the sash and tying it to keep everything in place.

It was oddly… nostalgic. To wear something akin to jedi robes once again.

Finally finished her preparations she took a deep breath to steady her nerves and finally turned towards the mirror.

Looking at herself she almost felt the urge to flinch away from her own reflection. Her entire life she had been teasingly referred to as a ghost, her skin the same alabaster as the stone statues featured in some of the temple halls. But now…

Now she looked human.

Her skin had the healthy look of a being who was born under a sun, with a faint peachy glow.

Hesitantly she reached over to the light switch and flicked it off. She let out a sigh of relief as her natural bio-luminescence shone through the cosmetics, though it was not as strong. Slipping her sleeves up her arms she heaved a sigh of relief when her tattoos also remained visible, which she was grateful for. The swirling designs starting at her shoulders and winding down her arms her a part of who she was, a reminder that she was someone who was loved and had a family once.

Even if that family had never wanted her in the first place.

“Little one? Are you alright in there?” Quickly she turned the light back on and slid her sleeves down.

“I’m fine. I’ll be out in a second.” She called back through the door.

After a moment she felt Aola’s presence recede and she let out a small sigh. Time to get back to it.

When Canderous saw her he gave her a quick once over before grinning. “I’d say no one is going to look at you twice, verd’ika, but I’d be lying.”

She let out a small laugh at his attempt to cheer her up. “You know, if I’m going undercover anyway I could probably find a way to get those codes.” She said over her shoulder in Mando’a as Aola pushed her back into the chair to fuss over her accessories.

His expression turned stern. “No. You said yourself that you’re not good at hiding what you are. I don’t want you anywhere near the Dar’jetiise. If anyone catches sight of you then there’s no way we’d be able to get to the ship.” He looked her dead in the eyes when she turned to look at him. “Tell me honestly that you could take out an entire Dar’jetiise base with your kad’e and I’ll let you go.”

She stared him in the eyes for a moment before deflating. “No, I probably couldn’t even get close to a true Dar’jetii. The darkness clinging to them makes me sick, I wouldn’t be able to fight them effectively.” She admitted honestly. “But I need to do something.” Her expression hardened with determination. “I can’t just sit around and wait. The Force might provide, but only if you are actively listening and looking for solutions.”

Canderous let out a small huff that was both relieved and amused. “Why don’t you pick up the beskar’ad I have waiting for me? I can give you the credits and a message for the merchant. Looking like that you’re a lot less conspicuous than I am.”

She smiled at him, grateful that he was listening to her and not treating her like a child.

“I can do that.” She said excitedly.

He chuckled and went back to his card game with Joralee.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: