Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: DOTA: Dragon's Blood | Netflix  (Read 1263 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: March 03, 2021, 01:20:44 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0evM-hBlcI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0evM-hBlcI</a>

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 04:03:47 PM »

This looks and sounds remarkably similar to one of the Fire Emblem games I've enjoyed... It might be half interesting, but really just makes me want to play that game now instead.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 05:28:20 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of fantaisy but I might give it a look anyway=)
Thanks for sharing. Point.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 07:42:44 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of fantasy

This is like another language to me..lol.   

This is based off of a Video Game series though..one I never got around to playing.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 08:20:47 PM »

This is like another language to me..lol.   

This is based off of a Video Game series though..one I never got around to playing.
I mean... I've both watched and read LOTR and hated it. So... ^^'

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 11:24:38 PM »

Hate?  Hate!?  What on earth is there to hate...in the books at least.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 01:09:56 AM »

Oh man, Darth Rondoudou, I am greatly disturbed by your lack of faith; I find it quite troubling... I mean what's not to enjoy in all the slaughter, darkness sweeping over the land, and hordes of malicious beings in nigh unstoppable armies? I mean if Sauron is not epic Sith Lord material with his back story, lust for power, cunning deceptions, and pulling others over into the darkness... I mean he even makes cursed objects and his servants use dark poisons and powers. He was like a role model of all things Sith, including the "undying wraith/essence" business. How you've wounded me so with no LoTR love.

I looked it up, and now it makes sense why it looked so similar to Fire Emblem at first glance. DOTA was also a strategy game originally, and based off of Warcraft 3. I loved warcraft back in the day! RTS games with a fantasy edge are too much fun, and I love tactics games mixed with magic and perma death.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 06:40:37 AM »

It was booooooooooring!!! I just really did not care for elves, dwarves and furry legged midgets...
The effect of the ring on people was interesting. But the rest... Meh. And the ending... Everything after the destruction of the ring was probably one of the worst thing I've ever read. Except for Roald Dhal of course.
So yeah... Even though Tolkien did not write the end himself (iirc?) I did not enjoyed the books. I read them to be sure. I mean, it's one of the best of the kind... So if I don't like this one.. Then...

The movies were beautiful, you could see they paid great attention to the depicted landscapes. The actors were good... Still... I won't watch the long versions ever. Basic versions were already a waste of time for me somehow. And wasting time is kind of a specialty of mine so... ^^'

Then again, I know there is a tremendous effort put into the lore, languages and stuff. It IS impressive. But Fantaisy is not for me ^^'

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 06:42:10 AM »

Oh man, Darth Rondoudou, I am greatly disturbed by your lack of faith; I find it quite troubling... I mean what's not to enjoy in all the slaughter, darkness sweeping over the land, and hordes of malicious beings in nigh unstoppable armies? I mean if Sauron is not epic Sith Lord material with his back story, lust for power, cunning deceptions, and pulling others over into the darkness... I mean he even makes cursed objects and his servants use dark poisons and powers. He was like a role model of all things Sith, including the "undying wraith/essence" business. How you've wounded me so with no LoTR love.

I looked it up, and now it makes sense why it looked so similar to Fire Emblem at first glance. DOTA was also a strategy game originally, and based off of Warcraft 3. I loved warcraft back in the day! RTS games with a fantasy edge are too much fun, and I love tactics games mixed with magic and perma death.
Uh I guess that makes sense for Sauron. Still not enough ^^' sorry...

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 10:28:37 AM »

Ah well, at least you have valid rationale AND you did take the time to read/watch everything... So I can't really hold it against you. Everyone does love to pick their own particular poison. I'm just such a well rounded complete nerd that I have very few genres I don't actually find entertaining.

I'm betting I really would have played the original DOTA since Warcraft was crazy fun... nothing like raising a terrible army of orcs and undead to wash over human civilizations. Plus the whole forced labor to mine my gold thing... oh, from such humble evil beginnings did marvelous cruelty spring forth.

I know I've watched worse netflix created things/anime. So I'm going to likely give it a watch. Dragon's Dogma was so-so, and Japan Sinks 2020 if half way funny mixed with tragic. Still, netflix created anime makes me think of Walmart brand sushi...

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 10:32:16 AM »

Ah well, at least you have valid rationale AND you did take the time to read/watch everything... So I can't really hold it against you. Everyone does love to pick their own particular poison. I'm just such a well rounded complete nerd that I have very few genres I don't actually find entertaining.

I'm betting I really would have played the original DOTA since Warcraft was crazy fun... nothing like raising a terrible army of orcs and undead to wash over human civilizations. Plus the whole forced labor to mine my gold thing... oh, from such humble evil beginnings did marvelous cruelty spring forth.

I know I've watched worse netflix created things/anime. So I'm going to likely give it a watch. Dragon's Dogma was so-so, and Japan Sinks 2020 if half way funny mixed with tragic. Still, netflix created anime makes me think of Walmart brand sushi...
Well yeah. It's such a huge thing that I felt I had to read it. It's just not my thing. I'm more interested by werwolves, vampires and aliens.
So most of the games in fantaisy universe with orcs, goblins, elves, dwarves... Are of no interest to me.
(I am trying Baldur's Gate 3, just for Shadowheart <3)

Still. In animated format, I'm willing to give it a try =)

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 12:53:19 PM »

It was booooooooooring!!! I just really did not care for elves, dwarves and furry legged midgets...
The effect of the ring on people was interesting. But the rest... Meh. And the ending... Everything after the destruction of the ring was probably one of the worst thing I've ever read. Except for Roald Dhal of course.
So yeah... Even though Tolkien did not write the end himself (iirc?) I did not enjoyed the books. I read them to be sure. I mean, it's one of the best of the kind... So if I don't like this one.. Then...

The movies were beautiful, you could see they paid great attention to the depicted landscapes. The actors were good... Still... I won't watch the long versions ever. Basic versions were already a waste of time for me somehow. And wasting time is kind of a specialty of mine so... ^^'

Then again, I know there is a tremendous effort put into the lore, languages and stuff. It IS impressive. But Fantaisy is not for me ^^'

Sorry, you're of course entitled to like what ever you want, I just don't see how it can be boring..... but then again I find the majority of Sci-Fi boring.  How was the ending "the worst thing you ever read" may I ask.  Also not sure what you mean about Tolkien didn't write it himself...of course he did.  Now some of the extra materials like the Silmirillion were compiled and finished by his son LOTR was all him.  What about Fantasy turns you off though?  Sorry for the questions but I am genuinely curious.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 11:02:45 PM »

Well I watched the whole thing so far, it's pretty good. Savage, certainly not for kids whatsoever between Davion's clothing issues and the Elven lifestyle. But it was crazy enjoyable by anime standards and the action pretty intense. I had to start playing Fire Emblem again after all this... and when viewed in Japanese the series "felt right". Even though I kept thinking Kaguya Otsutsuki during some parts.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 01:12:44 PM »

Well I watched the whole thing so far, it's pretty good. Savage, certainly not for kids whatsoever between Davion's clothing issues and the Elven lifestyle. But it was crazy enjoyable by anime standards and the action pretty intense. I had to start playing Fire Emblem again after all this... and when viewed in Japanese the series "felt right". Even though I kept thinking Kaguya Otsutsuki during some parts.

Agreed, I enjoy it myself and I'm digging the story arc for this series. Looking forward to next season

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 05:54:43 PM »

Sorry, you're of course entitled to like what ever you want, I just don't see how it can be boring..... but then again I find the majority of Sci-Fi boring.  How was the ending "the worst thing you ever read" may I ask.  Also not sure what you mean about Tolkien didn't write it himself...of course he did.  Now some of the extra materials like the Silmirillion were compiled and finished by his son LOTR was all him.  What about Fantasy turns you off though?  Sorry for the questions but I am genuinely curious.
Oh I reread about it and you are quite right, I think I mixed things up believing the end of book 3 wasn't all him. Damn. Even more disappointing then.
Everything from destroying the ring to going back to a taken over home, I mean... It felt really forced. Like AHAH you thought it was over?
And then sailing off to whatever island... I don't know. It was a let down even though I did not enjoyed most of the books.
I guess it's just that I don't care one bit for elves, dwarves and orcs. Not my thing.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up