Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: DOTA: Dragon's Blood | Netflix  (Read 1253 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 07:32:16 PM »

Agreed, I enjoy it myself and I'm digging the story arc for this series. Looking forward to next season

Yep, it's got that "charm" and pacing that make for good anime. Mixed with proper amounts of "that just happened?" and legit yet a bit varied battle sequences. It's almost hard to say who you want to root for and it kinda does have a little bit of everything... Take away seeming like everyone and everything in the world is just royally frelled. And being torn between if the Dragons, Moon Goddess, or Terrorblade are the coolest concept. I'm leaning dragons, Elder Wyrms are like Smaug having a squad to look down on humanity with. If I were a human in this particular fantasy world I'd probably jump off the nearest mountain and hope I respawned in a different game. Because no amount of leveling up seems like it'll fix this place, even if you were a Final Fantasy character, it's that broken.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 09:13:59 PM »

Oh I reread about it and you are quite right, I think I mixed things up believing the end of book 3 wasn't all him. Damn. Even more disappointing then.
Everything from destroying the ring to going back to a taken over home, I mean... It felt really forced. Like AHAH you thought it was over?
And then sailing off to whatever island... I don't know. It was a let down even though I did not enjoyed most of the books.
I guess it's just that I don't care one bit for elves, dwarves and orcs. Not my thing.

That is a sentiment I have heard before and I think it really comes from a shift in how entertainment became consumed.   LOTR and its subsequent peripherals are not really "stories" as something like Dune or Harry Potter is.  Tolkien wrote them as historical accounts and so it was never meant to end like a story would.  The Scourging of the Shire was, In Tolkien's mind, one of the most important parts.  If you remember the Hobbits were very unconcerned with the "Big Folks" troubles.  They cared nothing for what was going on outside their border not realizing Aragorn and his Rangers were protecting them.  Once the Rangers had to be called to help in the final battles against Sauron, the Shire was unprotected and Saruman moved right on in with no resistance.  The purpose behind this part was that "Evil knows no boundaries and must be defended against."   Now some may scoff at this ideal now (Really Close to Verboten Topics) but this was a man who fought in WW I and lived though his home being attacked in WWII.
               If its not your thing then its not your thing.  I was just curios as to the why..like I said.  I like to try and understand differing points of views.  Have a point.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2021, 05:33:31 AM »

That is a sentiment I have heard before and I think it really comes from a shift in how entertainment became consumed.   LOTR and its subsequent peripherals are not really "stories" as something like Dune or Harry Potter is.  Tolkien wrote them as historical accounts and so it was never meant to end like a story would.  The Scourging of the Shire was, In Tolkien's mind, one of the most important parts.  If you remember the Hobbits were very unconcerned with the "Big Folks" troubles.  They cared nothing for what was going on outside their border not realizing Aragorn and his Rangers were protecting them.  Once the Rangers had to be called to help in the final battles against Sauron, the Shire was unprotected and Saruman moved right on in with no resistance.  The purpose behind this part was that "Evil knows no boundaries and must be defended against."   Now some may scoff at this ideal now (Really Close to Verboten Topics) but this was a man who fought in WW I and lived though his home being attacked in WWII.
               If its not your thing then its not your thing.  I was just curios as to the why..like I said.  I like to try and understand differing points of views.  Have a point.
Again, an interesting way of writing and purpose then. He is entirely right, and I should say now, that yeah. Serves them right, cause I do remember them not caring at all.
I might to need to add a bit here. I did not enjoy reading the book one bit. BUT. Writing something like this? I mean... Damn. The dude was CRAZY! The level of details, history within the lore, etc. Are absolutely impressive!
His way of writing though, not my thing. And yeah the real problem here is that I have never been attracted to regular heroic fantaisy. And it's a problem for me for : D&D, Baldur's Gate 3, and many other things... That I do not enjoy to their fullest or that require specific interests for me to even look at. (Namely... Shadow Heart in BG3 ^^')
It's easier to watch something about heroic fantaisy thoug. But I felt I still had to read the books since they were such a big thing.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2021, 11:24:36 AM »

Again, an interesting way of writing and purpose then. He is entirely right, and I should say now, that yeah. Serves them right, cause I do remember them not caring at all.
I might to need to add a bit here. I did not enjoy reading the book one bit. BUT. Writing something like this? I mean... Damn. The dude was CRAZY! The level of details, history within the lore, etc. Are absolutely impressive!
His way of writing though, not my thing. And yeah the real problem here is that I have never been attracted to regular heroic fantaisy. And it's a problem for me for : D&D, Baldur's Gate 3, and many other things... That I do not enjoy to their fullest or that require specific interests for me to even look at. (Namely... Shadow Heart in BG3 ^^')
It's easier to watch something about heroic fantaisy thoug. But I felt I still had to read the books since they were such a big thing.

Yea, I understand.  For me my love of heroic and high fantasy came from my love of ancient weapons...specifically swords (all because of a muscle bound hero yelling "By the Power of Greyskull!").  Seeking out other stories lead me to fantasy and specifically LOTR.  I was 9 when I read it and was hooked.  LOTR and Fantasy is my first "love" even over star wars.  The first SW film I ever saw was Episode I the day it came out...I was 16.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2021, 12:11:35 PM »

Yea, I understand.  For me my love of heroic and high fantasy came from my love of ancient weapons...specifically swords (all because of a muscle bound hero yelling "By the Power of Greyskull!").  Seeking out other stories lead me to fantasy and specifically LOTR.  I was 9 when I read it and was hooked.  LOTR and Fantasy is my first "love" even over star wars.  The first SW film I ever saw was Episode I the day it came out...I was 16.
I can understand. I love ancient weapons too. Not to this point though ^^'
I read LOTR when the first movie came out.
I was 12 for Fantom Menace and 14 when I read LOTR.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 10:58:01 PM »

His way of writing though, not my thing. And yeah the real problem here is that I have never been attracted to regular heroic fantaisy. And it's a problem for me for : D&D, Baldur's Gate 3, and many other things...

That's why in D&D you go full evil aligned. Unlawful, or chaotic. You don't always need to "get along" with the party or believe in the same things. Being "heroic" is a tad overrated most of the time. I mean I get that even the whole magic, elves, and such may not be your cup of tea... but that's why you can be a human who specifically hates and distrusts all non humans or magic creatures. I mean you'd come off a bit racist or species-ist possibly, but it's always possible. Even video games tend to have the "play as a human" option. Then you can have fun making the others "go extinct". Maybe I'm approaching this from the wrong angle, or a bit off center, but I'm just saying there is always some way to try and make things palatable if you still want to join in on the fun. I do know we all enjoy some epic weaponry (or we wouldn't be here in the 1st place) but ancient weapons and fantasy weapons are surely captivating. I will agree that's half the fun. Epic & enchanted swords are a major win. People don't watch Cloud VS Sephiroth for the drama alone...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2021, 05:58:29 AM »

That's why in D&D you go full evil aligned. Unlawful, or chaotic. You don't always need to "get along" with the party or believe in the same things. Being "heroic" is a tad overrated most of the time. I mean I get that even the whole magic, elves, and such may not be your cup of tea... but that's why you can be a human who specifically hates and distrusts all non humans or magic creatures. I mean you'd come off a bit racist or species-ist possibly, but it's always possible. Even video games tend to have the "play as a human" option. Then you can have fun making the others "go extinct". Maybe I'm approaching this from the wrong angle, or a bit off center, but I'm just saying there is always some way to try and make things palatable if you still want to join in on the fun. I do know we all enjoy some epic weaponry (or we wouldn't be here in the 1st place) but ancient weapons and fantasy weapons are surely captivating. I will agree that's half the fun. Epic & enchanted swords are a major win. People don't watch Cloud VS Sephiroth for the drama alone...
Please don't launch me about FF ^^'
Oh I know, there's something for almost everyone in D&D. I'm in the middle of a Rick and Morty campaign at the moment ^^'
And actually, playing non human species is half the fun for me in this kind of video games or in swtor.
For BG3 I played a Lolth-sworn Drow ^^'

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up