Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Without Remorse  (Read 1054 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« on: March 04, 2021, 12:56:18 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRR6YkYaoa8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRR6YkYaoa8</a>

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 01:50:02 PM »

Nice. More Tom Clancy!! =D
Though this pitch seems like a classic now...

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 06:28:30 PM »

Looking forward to this

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 07:33:42 PM »

Clancy? Jordan? I’m in.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 08:32:50 PM »

Looking forward to this
So do I. Still, it does not scream "original" to me.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 10:54:09 PM »

I don't know how much that term really applies anymore, if it ever really has in our lifetimes anyway... Aside from new tech/discoveries most things like literature, tv, movies, even art are often just reproductions, reinterpretations, rehashings, rediscoveries, reboots, same old stuff regurgitated more often than not. These things all tend to be derivatives of older material in one form or another, if not just borrowing heavily from them conceptually. Just how I've come to see it at any rate.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 05:57:29 PM »

I get it, there's only so many ways to tell a story and be original

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 07:00:53 PM »

I get it, there's only so many ways to tell a story and be original
Well. In the story telling, they could probably find a way to differentiate themselves. It's still Tom effin Clancy.
But the "ultimate weapon guy, targetted, that lose the love of his life and goes on a rampage"... Not original in the slightest ^^'

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 01:27:19 AM »

Well. In the story telling, they could probably find a way to differentiate themselves. It's still Tom effin Clancy.
But the "ultimate weapon guy, targetted, that lose the love of his life and goes on a rampage"... Not original in the slightest ^^'

Well it could be Michael Bay with pure explosions being the plot, and then you add one M Night Shyamalan twist for good measure! (I know it's an at times unfair representation, I enjoy action myself on occasion, but good storytelling shouldn't suffer in the process.) Sometimes I'm sure it's difficult to present certain ideas and have any measure of originality present.

Some films I thought did great with this were The Dark Knight (and whole Christian Bale trilogy in general), Joker, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, heck even Outside the Wire did a good job of this in my opinion. I'll agree some stories are really beating that dead horse to a pulp trying to capitalize on profit when things are popular or terribly dumb things attempted to be force-fed to target audiences. But I'm not saying every once in a while even those types of films can be entertaining in spite of themselves. Even garbage can sometimes serve a purpose within the ecosystem lol, if done right.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 07:33:37 AM »

Well it could be Michael Bay with pure explosions being the plot, and then you add one M Night Shyamalan twist for good measure! (I know it's an at times unfair representation, I enjoy action myself on occasion, but good storytelling shouldn't suffer in the process.) Sometimes I'm sure it's difficult to present certain ideas and have any measure of originality present.

Some films I thought did great with this were The Dark Knight (and whole Christian Bale trilogy in general), Joker, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, heck even Outside the Wire did a good job of this in my opinion. I'll agree some stories are really beating that dead horse to a pulp trying to capitalize on profit when things are popular or terribly dumb things attempted to be force-fed to target audiences. But I'm not saying every once in a while even those types of films can be entertaining in spite of themselves. Even garbage can sometimes serve a purpose within the ecosystem lol, if done right.
Oh trust me I DO find them entertaining nonetheless. I wouldn't have watched Taken, Equalizer, John Wick and the likes if it was not the case =)
I love some good action movies. I'll probably enjoy this one as well. It's just that I'd like it if they tried to go without this old trope of the ultimate retired warrior compelled to wipe out half the world to avenge his lover/child/dog.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 08:46:50 AM »

Oh trust me I DO find them entertaining nonetheless. I wouldn't have watched Taken, Equalizer, John Wick and the likes if it was not the case =)
I love some good action movies. I'll probably enjoy this one as well. It's just that I'd like it if they tried to go without this old trope of the ultimate retired warrior compelled to wipe out half the world to avenge his lover/child/dog.

Oh man, Equalizer and John Wick are so well done they're hard to argue with. But I guess you can blame american ideology in part for the "grisly and unstable vet with a vendetta" motif. Sometimes if the stereotype is too good to pass up you run with it as long as you can. I knew a guy who's a prior service Marine who said verbatim "I always am packing, my concealed carry gets used. And if someone harmed my dog while we were out for a walk I'd drop them without hesitation. That's my baby! You don't mess with a man's dog." So yeah, not to disparage him or cast an unfair characterization but for real, some people will lose it times 20 BigBangKamehameha if you play around with their family or pets... So even if it's a little contrived in it's level of rehashing, it holds true conventionally.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 01:22:21 PM »

I take action films for what they are, entertainment. Now, I do appreciate a good storyline but if I want something with more depth, I watch dramatic movies instead.  Sure, one can  differentiate themselves from another movie but it appears that Hollywood have run out of ideas. 

Believe it or not, the B movies that go straight to streaming services or Blu-Ray are actually good if you want original stories or stories that differentiate themselves from the rest. The acting and production may not be as good nor look as good but the storyline and plot are really good.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 02:16:14 PM »

I take action films for what they are, entertainment. Now, I do appreciate a good storyline but if I want something with more depth, I watch dramatic movies instead.  Sure, one can  differentiate themselves from another movie but it appears that Hollywood have run out of ideas. 

Believe it or not, the B movies that go straight to streaming services or Blu-Ray are actually good if you want original stories or stories that differentiate themselves from the rest. The acting and production may not be as good nor look as good but the storyline and plot are really good.
Makes sense.
And thanks for the tip =D

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2021, 12:59:11 PM »

Yeah, I used to destroy my brain watching "war" or military engagements in movies and even some shows. I'd be ranting at the screen "your uniform is worn wrong" or "no body assaults a position like that and survives" or "you shot 50 rounds from that standard mag without reloading once, I HATE you and whoever wrote you too"... but years later I gave up on realism. As you said, it's meant to be entertaining not much else. (Because I swear if a Sgt, let alone a Gunnery Sgt, wore his uniform like I've seen some of these actors portray; well he wouldn't be around very long)

Because I'm counting the seconds sometimes where these people stop and openly mourn their fallen comrades on occasion. I mean logically, they just got shot... now you're crying over them saying "Nooooo" and remembering pleasant walks by the creek. IN AN ACTIVE FIREFIGHT, just perfect time for dramatic tears, and vowing revenge; then they get up and shoot back like 3 min later. Like the sniper took a 5 min lunch break, or was too shocked by their foolish behavior to shoot them too. "Don't worry guys, we killed the comedic relief, give that main character proper screen time to wallow in grief... then we'll shoot ineffectively like storm troopers so they can kill us all easily!" I've got to stop myself before I bust a blood vessel.

But yes, a whole bunch of lower budget movies pull off great scripts that studios "wouldn't take a chance on" or aren't parts of major franchises. Some made for Netflix stuff is gold.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2021, 04:24:19 PM »

Yeah, I used to destroy my brain watching "war" or military engagements in movies and even some shows. I'd be ranting at the screen "your uniform is worn wrong" or "no body assaults a position like that and survives" or "you shot 50 rounds from that standard mag without reloading once, I HATE you and whoever wrote you too"... but years later I gave up on realism. As you said, it's meant to be entertaining not much else. (Because I swear if a Sgt, let alone a Gunnery Sgt, wore his uniform like I've seen some of these actors portray; well he wouldn't be around very long)

Because I'm counting the seconds sometimes where these people stop and openly mourn their fallen comrades on occasion. I mean logically, they just got shot... now you're crying over them saying "Nooooo" and remembering pleasant walks by the creek. IN AN ACTIVE FIREFIGHT, just perfect time for dramatic tears, and vowing revenge; then they get up and shoot back like 3 min later. Like the sniper took a 5 min lunch break, or was too shocked by their foolish behavior to shoot them too. "Don't worry guys, we killed the comedic relief, give that main character proper screen time to wallow in grief... then we'll shoot ineffectively like storm troopers so they can kill us all easily!" I've got to stop myself before I bust a blood vessel.

But yes, a whole bunch of lower budget movies pull off great scripts that studios "wouldn't take a chance on" or aren't parts of major franchises. Some made for Netflix stuff is gold.
I'm not even military or trained for that matter, and this kind of thing irks me as well (not the uniform part, since I don't know much more than the writers on that matter).
The legend has it that John Wick only fires the proper amount of rounds in his mags before reloading though... ^^

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up