Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED swapping questions  (Read 2534 times)
firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 08:36:57 PM »

The tri-red does indeed have six wires, split from the two wires from the battery pack.  Somewhat poor camera angle, I'm afraid.  If you zoom in on the third picture, you can juuuuust see them all.  At any rate, it sounds like I don't have to worry overmuch about any of that.  Just get soldering, eh?

Well that sucks. Means they're running them dimmer than the used to.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

AdrianGrant1997
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2021, 06:56:52 PM »

Ok,  so I have a consular lightsaber and my led died, no longer works at all, BUT i got a new one off ultrasabers and it has quick connects but the dead led is wired without them and i have no idea how to do this or what i am doing at all please i need some help... is it possible to remove the old led and replace it with this new one without an entirely new board?

Kleeg005
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 01:57:59 PM »

Ok,  so I have a consular lightsaber and my led died, no longer works at all, BUT i got a new one off ultrasabers and it has quick connects but the dead led is wired without them and i have no idea how to do this or what i am doing at all please i need some help... is it possible to remove the old led and replace it with this new one without an entirely new board?

It's a pretty straightforward process - if you have a soldering iron and solder.  Clip the wires from the old, dead LED, strip the fresh ends and solder the new quick connect (male end, right?).  You'll want some heat-shrink tubing in the appropriate size to cover the soldered ends, or electrical tape.  Also, don't hesitate to cut the wires down to a more manageable length instead of using the whole length on the quick connect side - it can be an awful lot of wire to try to jam into your hilt, ha ha.

This is a decent video on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WujDkPxNA_U

Just a simple man trying to make his way through the universe.
Bane's Heart Manticore with Renegade emitter and basic sound (Mystery Box)
triCree red Dark Apprentice LE v5 with Obsidian v3 soundboard (Mystery Box)
Pyrestone Dark Sentinel v5 with basic sound (Raffle prize)
Violet Amethyst Initiate LE v5 with basic sound (wife's)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: