Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Liberator V3  (Read 4080 times)
DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« on: March 19, 2021, 07:16:25 PM »

Et voilà.
I finally received all I needed to customize my Liberator v3.
So here it is.

Nothing too fancy.
O rings, Copper adhesive and leather adhesive.
I could have done a better job with the leather though. I might have to do it again =p

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 09:25:02 PM »

Hi DarthRondoudou,

This definitely works! And I was going to say that the leather looked good (better than the leather I applied to the hilt in the pics I shared with you  Wink ).

I think the leather was the best option.
point for the share.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 09:35:20 PM »

WOW!  Shocked 
I really like the result! It looks great IMO and dresses it up very nicely, it significantly improves what was otherwise a very "plain jane" hilt into a pretty attractive piece. I'm a serious fan of this look, nice job customizing it! Plus it was pretty dang cost effective in terms of addons. Well earned point for that stunning transformation.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 03:37:27 AM »

Hi DarthRondoudou,

This definitely works! And I was going to say that the leather looked good (better than the leather I applied to the hilt in the pics I shared with you  Wink ).

I think the leather was the best option.
point for the share.
Thanks! I do believe that the leather looked better than the faux wood. I guess I need to find better looking faux wood since I really like the idea of wood section on a saber for naturalistic force users =D
Big thanks to you for helping me visualize my future modifications =D

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 03:39:45 AM »

WOW!  Shocked 
I really like the result! It looks great IMO and dresses it up very nicely, it significantly improves what was otherwise a very "plain jane" hilt into a pretty attractive piece. I'm a serious fan of this look, nice job customizing it! Plus it was pretty dang cost effective in terms of addons. Well earned point for that stunning transformation.
I now have to agree with the people saying "plain" looking sabers are really just "blank canvas" for you to work on. Though it was much easier on this Liberator than already had grooves, windows and small details I could highlight in copper than it would be on say an initiate v4... Though I might think about those now =D

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 10:48:34 AM »

Thanks! I do believe that the leather looked better than the faux wood. I guess I need to find better looking faux wood since I really like the idea of wood section on a saber for naturalistic force users =D
Big thanks to you for helping me visualize my future modifications =D

Hi there, I have seen wood used on, and for, saber hilts but you need to have crazy woodturning skills  to create the sleeves you want (or know someone that can do it for you). Adding a veneer could work but I'd avoid those adhesive backed plastic sheets with woodgrain printed on - they look terrible unless applied perfectly.

And I was glad to help out and I'll keep working on the faux wood texture I used and see if I can get something closer to real.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 05:47:09 PM »

Hi there, I have seen wood used on, and for, saber hilts but you need to have crazy woodturning skills  to create the sleeves you want (or know someone that can do it for you).

Yeah, that was my initial thought as well... when presented the idea, and commenting on it. I mean, from a carpentry perspective though... you're right about "mad skills" being required. I mean to turn something like a sleeve for a saber on a lathe. You're talking tight tolerances to "fit/affix" a shell onto a hilt. And you'd desire something (presumably) not wildly bulky. Which is counter intuitive up to a point, because you're inevitably risking overall stability by going thinner anyway. So you either wind up with something bulky that way or potentially fragile. In my experience anyway, it'd be wildly painful to produce without machine assistance? You're looking at who knows how many retries/attempts to get your "working model" and it'd probably not be near "combat capable" since impacts could likely crack it or even ding/mar the surface the at least. I mean it'd be stunning if done properly, in the right/desired type of wood, and stained beautifully. But it sounds almost like a nightmare to produce potentially. IF you wanted to try for this I'd suggest using an Initiate hilt, or something similarly small in size, to combat the overall size of your wooden sleeve. Man, this could be exceptionally beautiful in theory!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2021, 06:52:49 PM »

Yeah, the technical problems are the reason why I looked at the faux wood.
I like wood on in universe hilts. But in real life... It's hard. Well. Maybe not for shelf queens =D

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2021, 11:52:51 PM »

Yeah, that was my initial thought as well... when presented the idea, and commenting on it. I mean, from a carpentry perspective though... you're right about "mad skills" being required. I mean to turn something like a sleeve for a saber on a lathe.
Man, this could be exceptionally beautiful in theory!

Yeah, the technical problems are the reason why I looked at the faux wood.
I like wood on in universe hilts. But in real life... It's hard. Well. Maybe not for shelf queens =D

Yes the reason I mentioned this is that my Grandfather was a Master Arts and Craftsperson (A very high vocational qualification certificate issued in the 1950's, 60's and 70's in the UK). He could draw, paint, sculpt, was a metalworker and fabricator as well as a talented woodworker. He owned his own toy factory in the town where we lived and worked at all the big Fairgrounds and Carnivals building painting and repairing rides.
His woodworking fascinated me and seeing Rondoudou's project idea reminded me of my Grandad. I wish he was still around as I reckon he would have had those skills.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2021, 12:26:31 AM »

Yes the reason I mentioned this is that my Grandfather was a Master Arts and Craftsperson (A very high vocational qualification certificate issued in the 1950's, 60's and 70's in the UK). He could draw, paint, sculpt, was a metalworker and fabricator as well as a talented woodworker. He owned his own toy factory in the town where we lived and worked at all the big Fairgrounds and Carnivals building painting and repairing rides.
His woodworking fascinated me and seeing Rondoudou's project idea reminded me of my Grandad. I wish he was still around as I reckon he would have had those skills.

True story, it'd be awesome to watch too. Time consuming, but rewarding! Several ways to approach it, but no easy task; just love the wood finish with proper sanding and staining. I could envision a really nice combination wood with inlays of a second type being breath taking... It's all just visualizations though till someone crafts something magical.

Like someone I know on here mentioned, when talking about being a specific species from SW:
Other than human a Wookiee, Jedi Wookiee to be exact!!

I could imagine a Wookiee fashioning a lightsaber casing out of Worshyr wood somehow. They'd certainly have the reverence for the material/design and dedication to hand craft it slowly. That would also help with being able to upscale the size a bit more in ratio to the user of the lightsaber. That'd be one good looking design (in my mind's eye anyway) a tribal Wookiee lightsaber carved from Worshyr. And since that wood petrifies over time, it'd eventually have some enhanced durability... I'm almost tempted to sketch something up. Hmmm. I did always love Hanharr and Zaalbar, so it's intriguing.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2021, 01:26:40 AM »

I like the leather. I'll bet it adds a lot of grip to those very smooth portions of the hilt.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2021, 02:31:39 AM »

I like the leather. I'll bet it adds a lot of grip to those very smooth portions of the hilt.
It does indeed!

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2021, 02:51:09 AM »

Nice work!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2021, 07:49:03 AM »

Nice work!
Thanks =)

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2021, 07:33:55 PM »

simple and elegant solutions rarely disappoint! This makes that point nicely! POINTAGE!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: