Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pong Krell's Padawan  (Read 4516 times)
SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« on: March 20, 2021, 01:09:45 AM »

My first attempt at some Obi-Ani spins with two saberstaffs. Two hands, four blades. I have a new appreciation for Pong Krell, although he did have the advantage of having 4 hands. Attempted to walk forwards and backwards a bit while spinning, but the uneven grass-covered ground didn't do me any favors. Lots of room for progress, to be sure, but still great fun!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5HHrdLT6E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5HHrdLT6E</a>

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 01:29:11 AM »

lookin smooth. good stuff. +1

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 01:51:20 AM »

lookin smooth. good stuff. +1
Thanks! I know most of my time should be spent perfecting one hand, especially my off-hand (I see it coming further across my body than my dominant hand), but sometimes it’s nice to have some fun and see how much room for improvement I still have.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 06:01:48 PM »

My first attempt at some Obi-Ani spins with two saberstaffs. Two hands, four blades. I have a new appreciation for Pong Krell, although he did have the advantage of having 4 hands. Attempted to walk forwards and backwards a bit while spinning, but the uneven grass-covered ground didn't do me any favors. Lots of room for progress, to be sure, but still great fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5HHrdLT6E#

That's still some good stuff! Room for improvement always exists, but it's probably my favorite Jar Kai adaptation to date. And you'd give Grievous a run for his money in an advancing spin battle. I'd love to see you two charging at each other in a game of lightsaber chicken. Seriously though, that takes some coordination and I'm sure (knowing you) you'll keep improving! As said, that's point worthy. Nicely done. +1 indeed.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 08:23:54 PM »

That's still some good stuff! Room for improvement always exists, but it's probably my favorite Jar Kai adaptation to date. And you'd give Grievous a run for his money in an advancing spin battle. I'd love to see you two charging at each other in a game of lightsaber chicken. Seriously though, that takes some coordination and I'm sure (knowing you) you'll keep improving! As said, that's point worthy. Nicely done. +1 indeed.
Thank you. That's just about one of the only moves I can do with Jar'Kai saberstaffs. It seems a lot of strikes and spins end up with one blade hitting the other. I'm sure more practice will help to figure out what works and what doesn't work, but it's more of a visual display than an actual practical combat style I'd say.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 09:58:09 PM »

Thank you. That's just about one of the only moves I can do with Jar'Kai saberstaffs. It seems a lot of strikes and spins end up with one blade hitting the other. I'm sure more practice will help to figure out what works and what doesn't work, but it's more of a visual display than an actual practical combat style I'd say.

You basically need to develop serious and true ambidexterity, mixed with amazing control of each independent blade's momentum. So, if you can spin with either hand in either direction, start and stop spins "flawlessly" single handed, and fundamentally switch between attack and defense almost seamlessly with either... then it's plausible and scary to your opponent in a fight. I've been working toward that 3 blade skill we discussed, so I've had to get used to some of these concepts bit by bit. Though, alternating and spinning 2 full staffs while attacking/defending... that's some wild concept. I admit it's easier as a novelty than practical technique. But with lots of practice it could be combat effective because it essentially eliminates the "issues" of wielding a solo staff while adopting the strengths of dual wielding. It's just conditioning a body and mind to "keep up", and adapt with using it tactically in real time... Massive finger/wrist dexterity and knowing exactly what your blades are doing/about to do. I like it a lot, but it's for sure not easily achievable.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: