Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Guardian Battery Pack stuck  (Read 1180 times)
Sithy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

« on: March 29, 2021, 03:49:44 AM »

Can't get it out. I've slammed it hard to try to get it out, it's beyond stuck. Any thoughts?

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 05:43:29 PM »

Sadly I'm not seeing the image.

I've experienced variations of my own being stuck many times. Persistence, following tips that worked/were given in the similar topic categories, and trying hard to resist doing things that'd damage lightsaber components directly/foolishly... those are my usual answers personally. I've at times implemented various tools (carefully but not to great success, more tool marks than dislodged batteries) so the best method still seems to be shaking it midair hard & repeatedly like I'm "slamming the open hole on the ground" while standing. Or alterating this with actual banging of pommel end on a "soft surface" till almost dislodged, then resorting to the air usually.

The two other solutions I've found work personally are more specific to how I've got mine setup now (I suspect anyway) so I won't mention them yet.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Sithy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 08:28:18 PM »

The velcro got twisted during assembly. I'm sure it was an accident. I got it out, but in the process, the speaker had to sacrifice much of its volume. That's fine, this one will be the quiet one. So, an acceptable end. It's been fun, but I'm much too impulsive for this forum....

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 08:54:17 PM »

The velcro got twisted during assembly. I'm sure it was an accident. I got it out, but in the process, the speaker had to sacrifice much of its volume. That's fine, this one will be the quiet one. So, an acceptable end. It's been fun, but I'm much too impulsive for this forum....

Glad you "fixed it" that's a good thing. And I didn't even know that was possible (outside of obvious ways it could be bad). I have my own streak, but I guess it doesn't tend toward impulse buying if that's an issue? Rather I don't allow myself access to the level of funds to make it an issue, or I'd be drowning in lightsabers by now. Ah well, hope it works out for you in the end regardless.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 09:10:48 PM »

in case it happens again, if you can get the led module to come out enough, try:
1. a stick long and thin enough (do not make the obvious joke) to reach the top of the battery pack from the emitter end
2. blow really hard in the emitter end while aiming at someone nearby
3. use the force

2 is a joke - obviously Wink

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 10:14:34 PM »

in case it happens again, if you can get the led module to come out enough, try:
1. a stick long and thin enough (do not make the obvious joke) to reach the top of the battery pack from the emitter end
2. blow really hard in the emitter end while aiming at someone nearby
3. use the force

2 is a joke - obviously Wink

Kind of ashamed I never thought of "using the Force" to remove the batteries. Well played, that's a terrible oversight on my part.

*Rips battery and connecting wires clear of hilt and then crushes it

Oops, too much?

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 01:20:33 PM »

Kind of ashamed I never thought of "using the Force" to remove the batteries. Well played, that's a terrible oversight on my part.

*Rips battery and connecting wires clear of hilt and then crushes it

Oops, too much?
Grin Point for the laugh.
Patience. 

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 09:41:22 PM »

Grin Point for the laugh.
Patience. 

I hope that doesn't "void my warranty" and I think upon assessing that damage on site... they'd just replace it no questions asked. Why start anything with someone who did that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: