Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Suicide Squad  (Read 690 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« on: March 29, 2021, 01:33:25 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xsRCgdRb5c" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xsRCgdRb5c</a>

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 05:06:41 PM »

Grin

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 05:23:24 PM »

I will say it looks better than the first one.  Bringing in Bloodsport is a nice touch, such an underrated Superman villain.  Some of the issues I had with the last one are still present of course but thats to be expected.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 05:52:52 PM »

I will say it looks better than the first one.  Bringing in Bloodsport is a nice touch, such an underrated Superman villain.  Some of the issues I had with the last one are still present of course but thats to be expected.
I sooooooooooo agree with that.
Will Smith is gone, so is Croc. King Shark is here... This is starting to look like something worth watching. I do love Cara Delevingne. But what they did with one of the most promising character of the first one...
I'm happy with Harley so long as Jared Leto is banned from the set. And from any DCU related movie. Ever.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 07:10:59 PM »

I sooooooooooo agree with that.
Will Smith is gone, so is Croc. King Shark is here... This is starting to look like something worth watching. I do love Cara Delevingne. But what they did with one of the most promising character of the first one...
I'm happy with Harley so long as Jared Leto is banned from the set. And from any DCU related movie. Ever.

I will say his Joker was less annoying in the Snyder Cut.....but not by much.  But no worries on that...hes in marvel now.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 07:27:23 PM »

I will say his Joker was less annoying in the Snyder Cut.....but not by much.  But no worries on that...hes in marvel now.
Aaaaaand now I'm probably never gonna watch that snyder cut... Probably not missing anything though. I don't really like superman. Wonderwoman... I enjoyed parts of the two movies, but in the end, it was a let down.
Aquaman was funny even though I had 0 interests in a guy that talks to fishes. Cyborg is probably the titan I like the least so pass. And Bruce Affleck... Mmmh.
So yeah.

I'm quite hyped for suicide squad though.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 09:02:15 PM »

I didn't like the first one (there were good things about it, but not enough for it to be a good movie), but since I saw the sizzle reel for this one from DCFandome, I thought it looked pretty good. My excitement is dimmed a bit after this trailer, but not much. I like GotG1, but GotG2 wasn't for me, and this feels a bit more like GotG2. Still, I'm hoping it will be pretty good.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 10:33:22 PM »

Aaaaaand now I'm probably never gonna watch that snyder cut... Probably not missing anything though. I don't really like superman. Wonderwoman... I enjoyed parts of the two movies, but in the end, it was a let down.
Aquaman was funny even though I had 0 interests in a guy that talks to fishes. Cyborg is probably the titan I like the least so pass. And Bruce Affleck... Mmmh.
So yeah.

I'm quite hyped for suicide squad though.

Eh...he was in it for all of like 2 minutes near the end.    You don't like Superman as a character or Henry cavill's version?  Aquaman is way more than his ability to speak to sea life....really hate that the stupid Super Friends cartoon in the 70s put that in peoples heads.   Overall though I hate the DCEU...really just needs to reboot from the ground up.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 05:58:53 AM »

Eh...he was in it for all of like 2 minutes near the end.    You don't like Superman as a character or Henry cavill's version?  Aquaman is way more than his ability to speak to sea life....really hate that the stupid Super Friends cartoon in the 70s put that in peoples heads.   Overall though I hate the DCEU...really just needs to reboot from the ground up.
Superman as a character. I do think Cavill was quite a good choice for him actually ^^'
I'm not American, I don't know what super friends is ^^' and I know Aquaman is also super strong, and is from Antlantis... But really, sure understanding all sea creatures can be interesting for a marine biologist, but... Not my thing.
In terms of casting, I don't have anything against Gal, Jason or any other one playing a hero. They fit, AFAIC.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 10:54:49 AM »

Superman as a character. I do think Cavill was quite a good choice for him actually ^^'
I'm not American, I don't know what super friends is ^^' and I know Aquaman is also super strong, and is from Antlantis... But really, sure understanding all sea creatures can be interesting for a marine biologist, but... Not my thing.
In terms of casting, I don't have anything against Gal, Jason or any other one playing a hero. They fit, AFAIC.

Super Friends was a 70's Justice League Cartoon that kind of nerfed all the characters but especially Aquaman.  It kind of just showed him riding around on a big seahorse talking to fish and this image became ingrained in pop culture.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2eLGBmGbcc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2eLGBmGbcc</a>

But think on this:  Yes Aquaman is strong, strong enough to trade blows with Superman and Wonder Woman.  He is invulnerable to a lot of damage because of his dense musculature...since he survives the depths of the ocean.  Yes, he can communicate with sea life.....all sea life.  Little Fish, Great Whites, Blue Whales and all the giant sea monsters that exist in the DC universe.  They all (with few exceptions) heed his command.  Don't have to be a marine biologist to appreciate commanding a school of Sharks.  Not least of all he rules the Oceans...which of course Encompasses the majority of the Earth.  If you never read Flashpoint it shows what could happen if Atlantis declared war on the Surface.  Just a lot of Modern writers don't know what to do with him...just like Superman.  Superman has been my favorite hero since I was 4.... so 33 years.  I think Cavill is a good choice but the writing was crap.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 01:27:26 PM »

Super Friends was a 70's Justice League Cartoon that kind of nerfed all the characters but especially Aquaman.  It kind of just showed him riding around on a big seahorse talking to fish and this image became ingrained in pop culture.

But think on this:  Yes Aquaman is strong, strong enough to trade blows with Superman and Wonder Woman.  He is invulnerable to a lot of damage because of his dense musculature...since he survives the depths of the ocean.  Yes, he can communicate with sea life.....all sea life.  Little Fish, Great Whites, Blue Whales and all the giant sea monsters that exist in the DC universe.  They all (with few exceptions) heed his command.  Don't have to be a marine biologist to appreciate commanding a school of Sharks.  Not least of all he rules the Oceans...which of course Encompasses the majority of the Earth.  If you never read Flashpoint it shows what could happen if Atlantis declared war on the Surface.  Just a lot of Modern writers don't know what to do with him...just like Superman.  Superman has been my favorite hero since I was 4.... so 33 years.  I think Cavill is a good choice but the writing was crap.

Wow serious nerfing xD
And yeah, I agree. Still, Aquaman never was really a popular character for non readers or mainstream readers in France. You had to dive a bit into the comics madness to get to know him.
So far, I only enjoyed Red Son. Superman is too OP for me. But yeah the actor was spot on. I hated the movie because of the story telling. But what can they do when nowadays most movies are 3-4h long before cuts are made to fall in the 2h/2h30 mark. Thus creating plotholes.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 06:04:01 PM »

I did enjoy and still like watching the 1st film. I took it for what it was, a decent adaptation made to film, and far from the worst I've witnessed. Here's hoping it will be better, and if they somehow manage an even better soundtrack... then I'd really be impressed.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 01:02:30 AM »

I did enjoy and still like watching the 1st film. I took it for what it was, a decent adaptation made to film, and far from the worst I've witnessed. Here's hoping it will be better, and if they somehow manage an even better soundtrack... then I'd really be impressed.

That's where we differ and why I did not like the first one (or the whole DCEU)...I find them to be at best Sub Par adaptation and at worst horrible adaptations.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 11:10:49 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBumm7mYT_0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBumm7mYT_0</a>

This is the second trailer for this The Suicide Squad. Personally I like this trailer a lot better.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 05:22:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBumm7mYT_0#

This is the second trailer for this The Suicide Squad. Personally I like this trailer a lot better.

Ohyeah. This looks promising ^^

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: [1]   Go Up