Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: It's Ordered. a costume for sithy/not sithy jedi  (Read 11794 times)
janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 09:27:44 PM »

Here I am in a test photo of the main costume and belt.  Boots and pants are from my pirate garb since my SW ones are on order to be built...

We're waiting until dark to light up the saber, it just didn't show up well.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2021, 01:38:10 AM »

Lookin' super legit my man! POINTAGE!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2021, 02:38:19 PM »

Lookin' super legit my man! POINTAGE!

Thanks!  my diamond Consular saber is on order, that'll be for saber class (when that opens up again) and for "good" mode.

I think this outfit can toggle between light and dark easily enough.  The ordered boots will be a brown, but we'll see how the khaki pants and boots look for both modes.

I aim to make a face mask (for covid and to use that voice changer).  So evil mode will have the mask and Grand Master saber or Consular in red.

I'll do some tests, but obviously the black pants/boots help sell Sith mode

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2021, 03:42:40 PM »

This really does look good!! I like it.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2021, 11:32:16 PM »

Here I am in a test photo of the main costume and belt.  Boots and pants are from my pirate garb since my SW ones are on order to be built...

We're waiting until dark to light up the saber, it just didn't show up well.

The tunic could be longer. It seems like the blue piece should be a size or two increased. Like they should close in to a greater extend. Otherwise, everything else comes together good, indeed.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2021, 02:08:52 AM »

If you're looking for a mask option, check out eviltedsmith.com and look up his templates for facemasks that would be fun for covid-wear and your costume.

I also have a thread somewhere where I took an old cPAp mask and added some greeblies and paint to make a fun looking mask. Heck! I have one or two still laying about and I could make something for you if you wanted ;-)

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2021, 07:36:26 PM »

If you're looking for a mask option, check out eviltedsmith.com and look up his templates for facemasks that would be fun for covid-wear and your costume.

I also have a thread somewhere where I took an old cPAp mask and added some greeblies and paint to make a fun looking mask. Heck! I have one or two still laying about and I could make something for you if you wanted ;-)

I remember that thread!  Might take you up on that as I do not have a cPap mask to work from

Still brainstorming.  If I make another leather mask, I'd use the burgundy die I used on the belt that matches the inner tunic color.  Currently, I'm keeping my eye out for greebles, etc for the mouth area that'd hide/contain the microphone.  I've got hoses lined up for the cable to the sound box.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2021, 07:49:26 PM »

The tunic could be longer. It seems like the blue piece should be a size or two increased. Like they should close in to a greater extend. Otherwise, everything else comes together good, indeed.

Yeah, I took my chances ordering a finished outfit from JC.  Eileen said she made it for a 5'8" person, photo'd on a 6' model. I'm a hair under 5'10" so some length got eaten there.

On the other hand, keep in mind those are baggy pirate pants.  They be sagging to hide the jewels. Yarr.

And if I can shed some ballast from the hold, them sails won't be bulging so much Smiley

I also could've pulled the tabbards inward more, but it was just a test photo so to speak.

I've had some ideas for adding trim to the front of the tabbards (i.e. extensions, fanciness) which might look good for Sith-mode.

As is, I'd hope the average person won't notice such things.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2021, 10:39:03 PM »

Here I am in a test photo of the main costume and belt.  Boots and pants are from my pirate garb since my SW ones are on order to be built...

Dang, that looks pretty freakin great overall. It's a good looking outfit with that saber combo, that hilt plays off the base colors of the outfit well! It's like it pops well with the more traditional colors of the overall outfit, so it simultaneously draws the eye and completes the look. I'd call it a win for sure.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2021, 07:35:42 PM »

It's here!

Still working, so pictures later tonight.

silver Initiate with purple blade.  Will work for the wife as an arming sword with her purple Savior in sparring.

black longer hilt stunt for the Grab Bag with 36" ultra edge blade.  Expected a 24" per the promo text.  Not sure what hilt yet (again, tonight).

Dorinian looks awesome and Consular is light. the wife noticed that, but I'm happy because that's what I needed for saber class.

My Grand Master will be relegated to costume duty primarily.  It's too off-balance and one-handy grip for sparring.  It'll get the brand new Mid-Grade blade so it's "show ready"

The wife will probably keep the Savior for saber class with the existing scuffed UE mid grade blade.

Use the Dorinian for costume duty, especially because it's extra Diamond fancy (and some of the greebles might come off with rough usage)

"Random" free blade plug is exactly like the others, so I still don't have a long enough plug for the Grand Master (I asked in the comment box, but they probably don't have any).

Free shirt is free.  Now I have a light sabery  t-shirt for saber class to sweat in Smiley

This is pretty fast for an order.  Maybe the stars aligned?

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2021, 02:50:00 AM »

Dang, that's awesome enough to make me envious! Good to hear you got it all that quick though, can't wait for the eye candy now...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2021, 09:48:31 PM »

I got my pouches in from Etsy.  they're just like what's pictured from the DarmanProps store. Good leather.  Replaced the stretchy belt strap with velcro so I could get tighter  The pouches sit much better on the belt.

They are small.  like 3.5" deep which is a hair more than a credit card/ID.  Had to order a different slim metal wallet because mine has an ejector slide that raises the length enough it don't fit (flap won't close)

at this point, I am waiting on pants from FarFarAway and boots from GladiatorPolo.  Then all the main items will be in.

As for upgrades, I think I'll pursue a mask before shoulder pads.  Has a practical use and I'd like to get that voice-changer worked in.

When I get to the shoulder pads, I may kidnap the pattern used by mrg.  They'll hide my half-sleeve tatoo and help sell Sith-mode.

I also need to solve Phone carrying problem.  My pirate pants have pockets but the FFA will not.  Perhaps if the back-sleeve were really a pouch of some kind...

Obviously from the test pic, I've got enough to look like a jedi.  It's all detailing and such remaining.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2021, 02:01:24 AM »

sounds like it's all cming together nicely.

…of course iI'll xpect royalties on the shoulder pad idea… ;-)

good job, you!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2021, 08:46:44 PM »

Package day!

I got the tiny metal wallet that fits my pouch.  I don't like cards/ID sitting loose, and it has a money clip (something my Secrid lacks which made cash awkward).  $14.  easy solution.

the FFA pants came in.  Gonna need to get used to them.  The waist cinch is loose, but let's just say I give Steve Rogers a run for his money at Americas Ass and it's a bit tight there.

The pants are khaki color.  I think they'll go well in Jedi mode.  Questionable for Sith mode as it reinforces the light color the main tunic has (as opposed to that being a contrast point for the rest of the outfit.

I'm expecting the boots to be dark brown which will work with either mode, though worst case the Sith can wear my pirate boots.

I did finish my mask which has a burgundy base color to complement the other bits.  Should look good with the hoodie up.

I'll be wearing Sith mode this weekend (pics then) with voice changer to scare the kids at a SW food drive event.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2021, 10:17:24 PM »

I'll be wearing Sith mode this weekend (pics then) with voice changer to scare the kids at a SW food drive event.

Awesome on sooo many levels!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: