Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: It's Ordered. a costume for sithy/not sithy jedi  (Read 11890 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2021, 01:55:41 AM »

must…have…pics…

So would you recommend the FFA pants? I've thought about getting them for Darth Malix.

However a good 'ol pair of Dockers does my Jedi outfit just fine (plus they were good enough for Ewan…nuff said!)

really looking forward to seeing all yer bits n bobs together!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2021, 12:57:44 PM »

must…have…pics…

So would you recommend the FFA pants? I've thought about getting them for Darth Malix.

However a good 'ol pair of Dockers does my Jedi outfit just fine (plus they were good enough for Ewan…nuff said!)

really looking forward to seeing all yer bits n bobs together!

the jury is still out on the FFA pants. Especially if Dockers are acceptable.  Pockets are a good idea.  I haven't actually seen how the FFA look on me, but I can tell they fit weird...

I should have time for some photos tonight.  I'd like to try Jedi and Sith mode and see what we think of the combinations.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2021, 05:50:35 PM »

Weather's a little dodgy so I might not do garb tests.  But I did get a pic of just the mask when I finished it on Sunday.

So imagine that in the outfit several pages back.

I need a Sith name.  Here's some ideas I've had thus far:

Darth Ravenous
Darth Sanguis (the wife thought that was too vampirey)
Darth Zahd (borrowed from my little fan fic of a middle-aged force sensitive bean counter turning Sith lord after the Empire fell)

Backstory-wise, I see a Jedi, Cae El Vynn from the High Republic era or what have you, a long freaking time ago.  Gets captured and frozen in carbonite for later conversion to the dark side, and abandoned in some base because the bad guy got defeated.  Thawed out MUCH later after having so much time to think and like most things kept in the fridge too long, gone bad.  Perhaps just in time as the Galaxy seems to have run out of evil Sith lords.

This covers me not knowing as much SW lore in that "clearly things have changed".  After thawing, he may have a transition period before the wardrobe goes fully dark.  thus  allowing for variance in the outfit.

Not meant to be "Winter Soldier" but only the freezing part is in common.

Thoughts?

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2021, 10:49:35 PM »

Some bathroom test photos are shot.  This is with the new khaki pants, pouches and the masked photos are also testing placement of the voiceFX box on my belt and hidden in the under tunic.  Opinions on how that looks will be helpful, though I doi envision some kind of "tube" from the mask to the box if it's work on the belt so the wire less lame.  So pretend that's a cool hose instead.

First, recap with the pic of me in black pants/boots imagining that's worn with the mask:

Then there's Jedi mode with khaki pants and imaginary black I own or brown boots I ordered:

Sith mode with hidden FX box (I'll probably wear the black pants):

Sith mode with FX on belt (and wire I'll need to spruce up):

Sorry, these are not great photos (but I did use the good camera on the phone). Lighting is terrible.  The FX box is to next to the saber, which makes that more jumbled.  I had thought maybe the box and wire leading to the mask might be enhanced to look like some kind of breather unit or something, but I probably can't swing that by this weekend's outdoor event that I'm aiming for.

Luckiy I posted the mask earlier, this shot is too dark to see the mask.  I'm confident it looks good and will look good in full garb with the stuff I have.

The voice changer isn't great.  Not sure if I can modify it, and again, probably not until after this weekend's event.  Best not to jack with stuff that "works" before the show.

How do the pants look?  I'm not keen on the fit around the waist or buttocks but I can swap the tie ribbon for some elastic and if I had to do it again, I'd buy some Dockers honestly.  For $30 it's the same thing, screen accurate and has pockets that'll be hidden by the tunic.

If you can imagine seeing the mask better, how's that look with the hood?  Intimidating?

Would the khaki pants work in "kinda evil" mode?  I'm leaning no, so I'll wear the black pirate pants I own this weekend.  But they'll do for Jedi mode just fine.  Close enough color match to the tunic.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2021, 04:37:57 PM »

Here's a a pic from the food drive event I attended last weekend.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2021, 01:31:17 AM »

looking very nice there, bub!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2021, 03:41:08 AM »

"You shall be grateful for this provided food, and leave not a crumb behind... or there will be consequences, and no desert!"

I don't know if they were more excited or scared trying to get their grub? Meals provided by an Empire that ensures the welfare of its citizens, eh?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2021, 04:46:21 PM »

"You shall be grateful for this provided food, and leave not a crumb behind... or there will be consequences, and no desert!"

I don't know if they were more excited or scared trying to get their grub? Meals provided by an Empire that ensures the welfare of its citizens, eh?

LOL!

I am rethinking the Sith character angle.  Short of a menacing glare and a red blade, the outfit's not quite evil.  Maybe with a change of pants and tunic, but I think most folks won't see it as is.

so...
maybe he's a straight up Jedi.  Perhaps pre-dates the red=evil era.  Or play with the origin of his saber.  The Grand Master is Sato Shan's staff weapon.  Which according to wookiepedia, got cut in half and taken as a prize by a Sith.  What if this guy took it from him after losing his own?

The design issue I have is that my Grand Master has a red blade because I like how it looks.  it is a snazzy hilt that folks notice.  So it's the one I prefer to wear, as compared to my new diamond Consular which I meant more for sparring use than costume.  If only I could swap the parts... Smiley

The boots are still being made, and they won't be black. Another reason to veer from the Sith idea.  Plus, as I talked to folks at the food drive, they get a lot more  empire/sith cosplayers normally.  So bringing some balance to the force might be in order.

I still like the mask with it.  Not just for covid, but style wise.  Or I'll grow the goatee out again.

What do y'all think?

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2021, 02:08:11 AM »

You straight up jedi-ed yourself with your outfit. I think you're going to need to reconsider your weapon (casual onlookers will always wonder about why the red dude?!?)

…as for the mask, that's still do-able. For me, I'd want to either make myself a species that would require it or maybe a reason to wear one (disfigurement? mute? bad dental plan for Jedi?) I think costuming has to make the story of character obvious to the 5 year old rocking a corn dog. Subtleties only play to us Star Wars nerds. Darth Malix is conceived to be a classic black clad red glowbat weilding badass.

hands over 2¢

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2021, 04:31:11 PM »

You straight up jedi-ed yourself with your outfit. I think you're going to need to reconsider your weapon (casual onlookers will always wonder about why the red dude?!?)

…as for the mask, that's still do-able. For me, I'd want to either make myself a species that would require it or maybe a reason to wear one (disfigurement? mute? bad dental plan for Jedi?) I think costuming has to make the story of character obvious to the 5 year old rocking a corn dog. Subtleties only play to us Star Wars nerds. Darth Malix is conceived to be a classic black clad red glowbat weilding badass.

hands over 2¢

agreed.  I saw more of my initial idea with the black pants and black boots in the first test run.  I imagine that those plus a black tunic (dark grey even) would swing it over to the dark side.

as is, I could wear the Consular, or even dual wield with both (making that belt even heavier).  Or try a blue filter disc and turn my blade purple.  Or, crazy enough, have the red LED swapped out for another color on the grand master.  Don't know who can do that surgery.

or make people wonder, "why does that jedi have a red saber" because you won't know it until I light it up.  I also like the idea that it really is Satelle Shan's lost hilt, corrupted by a sith.  Haven't played the ToR game, but read up on the wookipedia.  It's not clear what happened when her staff was cut in half.

But yeah, it'll have to be a jedi :0

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2021, 03:40:23 AM »

Nice. The pirate looking boots actually works for some reason Tongue I need to get me another original costume made from TJC at some point, will probably go dark side with just a tunic. I'm wanting kinda wider sleeves for a good Sith look

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2021, 08:28:12 PM »

Nice. The pirate looking boots actually works for some reason Tongue I need to get me another original costume made from TJC at some point, will probably go dark side with just a tunic. I'm wanting kinda wider sleeves for a good Sith look

thanks!  Those actually are pirate boots from my renfair outfit. Smiley

the typical Jedi garb spec most organizations have frown on them, but I think the average person wouldn't know it. And odds are good, some SW project will have somebody with boots like that.  Smiley

My actual jedi boots are on order.  Some day they'll be made and shipped...

Otherwise I think the outfit is mostly done unless I find something to add to it like a bluetooth communicator (they finally made Trek TOS bluetooth communicator, so why not for Star Wars).

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2021, 01:53:21 AM »

I ddon't et that anti pirate boots deal as Ki Adi Mundi is clearly rockind pirate boots…just sayin'

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2021, 12:43:59 AM »

I ddon't et that anti pirate boots deal as Ki Adi Mundi is clearly rockind pirate boots…just sayin'

I pulled up a pic, and you're right.  Darn those Saber Guild anti-pirate rules Smiley

Outside of arguing with a costume lawyer, I might have just stuck with my pirate boots (get more use out of them that way).  But someday, those custom boots will get here...

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2021, 09:21:59 AM »

I pulled up a pic, and you're right.  Darn those Saber Guild anti-pirate rules Smiley

Outside of arguing with a costume lawyer, I might have just stuck with my pirate boots (get more use out of them that way).  But someday, those custom boots will get here...

Patience my friend - the boots will arrive and you will be astounded by them - I was with mine.

p.s. How do people get into the Saber Guild if they want to be Hondo Ohnaka?  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: