Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: A New Jedi Emerged on May 4th  (Read 10075 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2021, 01:54:09 AM »

you're right FT! My first set of jJedi obes came from Kenicky's. I picked weird fabric but everything else wasn't bad. However, seeing those Cosplay Sky robes makes me regret my choice a bit.

You're the same height as me but I'm not slim by a bit at the 220 lbs mark. I wonder if the same size would work as I normally wear a size large (U.S.)? Did you go straight from their website or amazon? "off the rack" or their custom order?

I wish I could just grab the tunic and an obi without all the rest but Ill keep the bits I don't use for future possibilities or to change up my look. Heck I might even just get the full kit.

Saw something similar on amazon from goldstitch and wondered how it compared?

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2021, 02:18:27 AM »

Hi there,

Yes you got a set made from Trivera material IIRC. I was tempted by Kenickys but then I saw a few customer review pictures and the material looked too shiny and smooth - a bit like bed sheets - so I decided against them even if I lost out on shipping savings. That was why I asked you if you could post a close up image of the weave on yours.

Regards Cossky (Cosplaysky is the brand and Cossky.com is their website name) I did purchase direct from them on the website. I was apprehensive of buying from a third party vendor thru Amazon as the product photos all seem to be taken from other sites etc. The Amazon stores also seem to sell the "same" outfit under different brand names such as "xingyueshop" but I wasn't sure they were the same. So I felt I had a bit of customer support buying direct if I needed it so I didn't mind paying that little bit more.

I'm afraid I don't know how US sizes would compare but I opted for "off the rack" sizing.

And one final point I just went on Cossky's site earlier and found they have an Anakin Clone Wars version with a pleather shoulder armour which actually doesn't look too bad.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2021, 01:03:58 PM »

My Jedi outfit from Kenicky's basically is made out of material for men's slacks. It looks ok but not that nice roughly natural texture...I selected that not knowing diddly about what fabrics work. So...That was on me and I can't fault Kenicky's for that as they gave me what I asked for....silly me and lesson learned! I haven't tried passing it through to see if it would meet Rebel Legion standards or not...at least not yet...That is the plan after I upgrade my belt pouches.

I'm happy to see the "rack" purchase worked out relatively well. I know CPS has an option for a more detailed tailoring for a $50 surcharge. If the rack worked for you...it can work for me too! I think I may splurge for the full outfit as I previously said it gives me some options to mess with.

I saw the Clone Wars Annakin outfit...pretty nice and there are a few others from some of the newer franchises that spark a few ideas as well. :-)

Thanks again, for your sharing!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2021, 07:08:46 PM »

Nice. What shirt exactly was it that you got? I can't find it

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2021, 07:39:45 PM »

Hi Zren, thanks very much but I'm afraid I have bad news about the shirt. Unfortunately I got the very last one, which is a bummer as I bought just the one to see what it was like then decided I wanted a second but found it had sold out. ASOS may get it back in stock but as fashions change I can't be sure.

And your Imperial Officer's outfit certainly looks authentic,  I can't see from the pictures you posted why it wouldn't get 501st or any trooping groups' approval.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2021, 01:58:53 AM »

…you beat me to it! ;-)

FT: I don't suppose you would take a pic of just the shirt (no need to wear) so we could get an idea?

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2021, 02:55:12 AM »

Hi there,

I don't have a pic of me wearing it on it's own but I did save the product image so I could post it on my site.

Here is the picture.

It is a real relaxed fit lounge top. It has the long sleeves that scrunch up and the neckline is round then there is a deep V cutaway that drops to the top of your sternum bone. Luckily it looks like an inner tunic and for me the colour matched with the CosplaySky parts perfectly.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2021, 02:19:30 PM »

excellent! Thanks and bonus pointage!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2021, 05:52:27 PM »

excellent! Thanks and bonus pointage!

That'd be a good undertunic if you get the short-sleeve FFA for unarmored mode.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2021, 02:26:47 AM »

Could also work as a random space port civilian type or something as well Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2021, 03:17:11 AM »

Could also work as a random space port civilian type or something as well Tongue

I have been looking at getting a Han Solo style vest and some smuggler's gear as I have a few blasters around my flat now.  Cool
But I'll just finish getting the final accessories for my Jedi first.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2021, 03:10:23 PM »

I have been looking at getting a Han Solo style vest and some smuggler's gear as I have a few blasters around my flat now.  Cool
But I'll just finish getting the final accessories for my Jedi first.

Along that path, remember Dockers? yeah, it's like a broken record Smiley  Well, I was at an outdoor masked SW food drive event this weekend and talked to a Han.  His pants were Dockers, and he'd had a seamstress sew a fancy strip along the outer seam so it matched Han's.  Looked good.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2021, 03:26:49 PM »

Along that path, remember Dockers? yeah, it's like a broken record Smiley  Well, I was at an outdoor masked SW food drive event this weekend and talked to a Han.  His pants were Dockers, and he'd had a seamstress sew a fancy strip along the outer seam so it matched Han's.  Looked good.

Hi Janx, I had neard that Ewan wore Dockers brand pants...I didn't know Han did! But I do know a little bit about the markings. They are known as Bloodstripes. Bloodstripes were an insignia to represent bravery in the Corellian military and to wear them the individual had to earn them. It is rumoured Han won his Bloodstripes whilst on a mission where he freed Chewbacca and saved his friend’s life. There were two tiers of Bloodstripe and Han was one of the few people in the galaxy to have won both (the other insignia consisted of yellow markings).

I think a smuggler/scoundrel outfit will be easier to put together, with the right jacket of course!

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2021, 09:07:22 PM »

Hi Janx, I had neard that Ewan wore Dockers brand pants...I didn't know Han did! But I do know a little bit about the markings. They are known as Bloodstripes. Bloodstripes were an insignia to represent bravery in the Corellian military and to wear them the individual had to earn them. It is rumoured Han won his Bloodstripes whilst on a mission where he freed Chewbacca and saved his friend’s life. There were two tiers of Bloodstripe and Han was one of the few people in the galaxy to have won both (the other insignia consisted of yellow markings).

I think a smuggler/scoundrel outfit will be easier to put together, with the right jacket of course!

to clear up what I meant, a guy dressed as han, used modified Dockers as his pants.  I do not know about Harrison on film Smiley Did dockers exist in the 70s?

Maybe somebody could scrutinize photos and film for a difference, but until he told me, I didn't know.  The gun belt covers a could chunk of pocket region so the eye isn't drawn to the modern pants element.

For jedi, I'm sold on the idea because nobody's gonna see the top of the pants due to the tunic Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2021, 09:40:17 PM »

Hi Janx,

Haha! I don't think Dockers were around in the 70's but I have been wrong before. Form what I have found the pants Harrison wore were a lightweight denim jean that had a belt tong stay loop at the front zipper and riding seam at the back, plus  pintucks on the front of the legs.

Not sure if the Bloodstripes were a strip of fabric with the stripes embroidered/printed then stitched on or if they were just embroidered straight onto the jeans (more likely).

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: