Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My first saber (Dark War Glaive) and a request!  (Read 1744 times)
scalelokt
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 18, 2012, 03:36:16 AM »

Just wanted to give a little feedback on my Dark War Glaive (first ever saber!).  I'll keep this short and too the point because most of you here know much more about sabers than I do so no point in rehashing info you already know.  But I at least wanted to make a post saying that my original order was defective but the customer service was exceptional!  The return went smoothly, no questions asked, no hassle.  I received the same saber repaired in about a week, which is FAST turnaround time, Im very impressed.  The war glaive is very dark looking, definitly a sith saber!  Its well constructed, sound is loud and easy to edit through the obsidian software.  You cant find anything that matches it for the price, I highly recommend it!!!
One request though, and I mean this only as constructive criticism because I would like to see Ultrasabers continue to do very well.  Please add blade shimmer effects to the Obsidian sound board.  Maybe this isnt as important to other people as it is to me, but the solid light just isnt great to me, the shimmer effect is pretty important.  Especially on certain sound fonts like ancient saber.  The font sounds like its having trouble starting up and the hum sounds very old, but the blade has no matching effects so I decided to not use the sound font because it just doesnt look right.  The same can be said for a lot of sound fonts out there, having matching blade effects just makes it so much cooler.  Add that feature and Ultrasabers will "have it all".  Thanks for everything and keep up the great work!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:16:51 AM »

Glad you like it!  As for the shimmer effect, I personally wouldn't be shocked to see it in the near future.  That isn't a hint people, I don't get inside info, it's just a hunch I have.  The board is still pretty young, and they've already added features like the FoC to it, so I would think shimmer wouldn't be too far down the road...

Again, congrats on your first saber!

Holt
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »

Just wanted to give a little feedback on my Dark War Glaive (first ever saber!).  I'll keep this short and too the point because most of you here know much more about sabers than I do so no point in rehashing info you already know.  But I at least wanted to make a post saying that my original order was defective but the customer service was exceptional!  The return went smoothly, no questions asked, no hassle.  I received the same saber repaired in about a week, which is FAST turnaround time, Im very impressed.  The war glaive is very dark looking, definitly a sith saber!  Its well constructed, sound is loud and easy to edit through the obsidian software.  You cant find anything that matches it for the price, I highly recommend it!!!
One request though, and I mean this only as constructive criticism because I would like to see Ultrasabers continue to do very well.  Please add blade shimmer effects to the Obsidian sound board.  Maybe this isnt as important to other people as it is to me, but the solid light just isnt great to me, the shimmer effect is pretty important.  Especially on certain sound fonts like ancient saber.  The font sounds like its having trouble starting up and the hum sounds very old, but the blade has no matching effects so I decided to not use the sound font because it just doesnt look right.  The same can be said for a lot of sound fonts out there, having matching blade effects just makes it so much cooler.  Add that feature and Ultrasabers will "have it all".  Thanks for everything and keep up the great work!!!

I could not agree with you more, that effect with the FoC is what I would love to see as well. If it's not that far down the road. ( hopefully) it seems I will never get the chance to order a saber anytime soon! haha

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »

I agree with this request.  I would actually like the shimmer effect better than the flash effect.  It would be a really nice option.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »

In the mean time, if you have FoC, you can load a hum or idle sound into the lock-up sound slot and just leave your blade on lock-up all the time!

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: