Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shorter press for power off  (Read 1887 times)
ColonelMats
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: June 20, 2021, 08:12:46 PM »

Hello everyone, would anyone know a way to make the diamond controller power off after a short button press? I don't really ever use the lock function, so I won't miss it. Help will be appreciated  Grin

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 09:58:37 AM »

Hello everyone, would anyone know a way to make the diamond controller power off after a short button press? I don't really ever use the lock function, so I won't miss it. Help will be appreciated  Grin

The amount of time required, holding down the button to initiate the off sequence, can not be changed. As far as I know. 

The off sequence itself is dictated by the length of the sound file and light effects. That part can be changed. Lengthened or shortened.

If you don't use lock up you can always delete the sound file and the lighting effect. I don't think that will effect the off sequence at all though.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 11:39:13 PM »

A longer (usually about 3-5 seconds) press for power off is common for just about any saber sound board, no matter who makes it. Even boards where pressing the button quickly does nothing have this feature, to prevent accidentally hitting the button and turning off the saber.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 09:32:16 PM »

I don't really ever use the lock function, so I won't miss it.
in this case, can you turn the lockup effect into a power down? set the power down effect to null (no sound/light).  Maybe this is what KaiserSosay was saying as well?
i tested now and can go to power down from lockup.

Point for the thought provoking question!

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 01:37:52 AM »

in this case, can you turn the lockup effect into a power down? set the power down effect to null (no sound/light).  Maybe this is what KaiserSosay was saying as well?
i tested now and can go to power down from lockup.

Point for the thought provoking question!

Not what I was thinking. Without a lockup, the controller doesn't have two options upon the button press. So when you push the button the only option is off. Maybe? Just a maybe, that would cause the saber to turn off a second quicker?  But I doubt this.

Using lockup as an off...  interesting idea. This would work, kind of.  A millisecond button press to go into lockup. No lights or sound in lockup and it would APPEAR off. The problem with that is the saber is technically not off. Your batteries will die very quickly. I would guess in under 2 hours. So not really a good option.

Still an interesting idea! Point to you for thinking outside the box.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: