Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Double Mauls  (Read 962 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: July 04, 2021, 05:32:35 AM »

So, one of the sabers I've wanted for a long time in the Ultrasabers arsenal is the Menace SE. But, the SE has been out of stock for a hot minute. One thing that 5+ years of ordering from this company has told me is this: stuff will eventually come back in stock, you just have to be patient. But, patience doesn't get you into a raffle with a time limit.  Wink So, sometimes you just have to alter your plans. I was going to do a Dark Menace, but then I realized I have a lot of all black sabers and I had only one saber with blue anodizing and none with red. Once upon a time, I thought the red and blue anodizing were fantastic options but just not for me because I didn't care for hilts that weren't in "movie accurate" colors and we never saw blue or red used on hilts in the movies, aside from buttons and lights. Well, time passes and priorities change. After I went nuts and bought an Azure Butcher when they were on pre-order, it was kind of game on for me with different colors of anodizing. So, for the recent raffle I decided to get two Menaces, an Azure Menace and a Crimson Menace.

Having these in hand, I feel really silly for having been against the idea of blue and red anodizing before, as I find both of these to be lovely additions to my collection. Aside from customizing the electronics, I also customized the buttons on the Azure Menace to make the red buttons blue to match the hilt and the bottom one black to match the switch. For the Crimson Menace, I also went with a black bottom button. And, I got guarded switches on both because I feel those are closer to the cosmetic buttons than the AV switches. Both sabers have black underlays without windows. I'm super thrilled with how both sabers look, they're stunning. Yes, the anodizing for the buttons and greeblies on the Azure Menace don't quite match the hilt, but that's not a problem for me.

The hilt design itself is really interesting. To take the blade out, you unscrew the emitter and take the shroud piece off. The blade itself is held in by 3 retention screws in the underlay. This makes for a really secure blade holder. Though, I have to say that I do miss the days when Ultrasabers used to glue in their blade film, as I had to be careful to keep it from falling out while I was putting the blades back into the emitters without the LED there to secure it because the emitter was off of the saber. But, if I really want the film glued in that badly I do have a hot glue gun. Wink

Electronics wise, both hilts have Obsidian Lite. I wanted to place an order that got me into the raffle and get the free blade plug and free T-shirt, and these sabers with Lite got me there. Plus, I like the Lite sound board. It's a simple option, but it sounds great and I don't need all of the fancy bells and whistles. I have sabers that have multiple fonts and sabers that change colors and I find that I rarely cycle through either fonts or colors and usually just go with something I like, and I know I like the standard Obsidian font. The Azure Menace is in Tri Guardian Blue and the Crimson Menace is in Tri Blazing Red, because I prefer bright blades to having flash on clash. (again, something I have in other sabers) For the blades, I went with 32" midgrade blades and I feel that's the perfect blade for this size and weight of hilt. With the natural grip point being right behind the emitter shroud, the balance is pretty good for spinning.

So, yeah, totally thrilled with my twin Menaces. Now for some photos.

Needless to say, the blades aren't really pink and light blue in person, the camera just kind of blended the colors together a bit, even with HDR enabled. And, no, I won't take any pictures of these sabers as a staff. I have a quick release coupler, but it's silver and won't match my aesthetics, plus I didn't buy these to be a staff. Had I wanted them to be a staff, I would have bought a black coupler. I wanted a light and dark twin saber aesthetic, that's why one is blue and the other is red.

RegasBaldyr
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 11:35:08 PM »

Those look absolutely amazing. Kind of inspired to go full color now.  Shocked

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 03:51:56 AM »

Nice. Definitely need me an azure finished saber of some kind again at some point =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 02:26:38 PM »

Thanks guys.  Smiley

Nice. Definitely need me an azure finished saber of some kind again at some point =]

Yeah, it's one of those things that looks cool in pics and vids but looks amazing in real life.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: