Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Apprentice (LE V4)  (Read 663 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: July 04, 2021, 05:44:45 AM »

One of the necessary skills that a Youngling has to complete before becoming a Padawan Learner, or Apprentice, is to build that lightsaber. Fortunately for us, Ultrasabers will build them for us, and sometimes even give them away.  Cheesy

So, this is my Fourth Place prize from the 2021 Summer Raffle, which is an Apprentice LE V4:

I do quite love the Apprentice sabers, I already owned a regular V4 and an LE V5, but not an LE V4. This is a fantastic hilt. The aesthetics are perfect. The silver (aluminum) and gold are just gorgeous. I love the look of the hand grip section, it reminds me a bit of the "grenade" section of Luke's saber that he built. And, of course, the windows look great, I'm glad it came with those. And, it's got that great looking silver AV switch, which is also a more expensive option. Feel wise, this saber is just great in the hand. The choke point is perfect, your hand just locks right into it. And, as soon as I had it in hand, it just wanted to move, almost spinning by itself.  Wink The hilt has enough length for a two handed grip, but it's obviously designed to be a one handed variant of its larger brother, the Sentinel. I did swap out the 36" midgrade ulatraedge blade that came with the saber, I put a 32" midgrade in it. I feel the shorter hilt balances better with the shorter blade. The balance point is maybe 1/2 an inch forward of the emitter, it was way farther forward with the 36.

Electronics wise, this was a Grab Bag prize, so she's a stunt. Fire Orange is the blade color (love that color) and it of course just uses the AAA batteries. Not having sound is good if you're watching TV and/or don't want to bother your neighbors with that booming Obsidian sound.  Wink So, yeah, just a great saber and a fantastic prize. Thanks a lot, Ultrasabers! You guys rock, as always.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 07:10:56 AM »

Stunning. Gold and orange. I wouldn't have thought too much about it, but it works really well =)

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 09:58:02 AM »

Yeah, I wouldn't have chosen orange for this hilt either, but it actually does look good. That's good, because I really don't feel like rewiring it right now.  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: