Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Gun Fu: Ancient Weapons are No Match for a Good Blaster at Your Side  (Read 1222 times)
SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« on: July 11, 2021, 10:38:27 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdkqP3vYjWk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdkqP3vYjWk</a>

Obi-Wan Kenobi once said that lightsabers are "not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age," while Han Solo thought that lightsabers were "no match for a good blaster at your side." I say both will make a fine addition to my arsenal.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 10:46:30 PM »

Very nice transition to the blaster. I checked out a few of your other videos on Youtube and had no idea you were as good as you are with a staff. Also the retractable saber design is very nice. I sometimes use a pike setup and would love such a system with mine. Well done all around.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 11:01:55 PM »

Very nice transition to the blaster. I checked out a few of your other videos on Youtube and had no idea you were as good as you are with a staff. Also the retractable saber design is very nice. I sometimes use a pike setup and would love such a system with mine. Well done all around.
Thank you! I saw your skills with the staff in the video too! My background is in Taekwondo. Up until I got back into things via lightsabers less than a year ago, I'd been out of any real practice for a handful of years, but I had practiced Taekwondo for close to a decade. I mostly only competed in traditional forms and sparring, but also had a good amount of practice with the bo staff and nunchucks.

As for the pike, I'm still working on ways to improve the design further. I'm working on a V2 now that will have sound and an eco-smooth swing (but the sound will have to be turned on before it's extended, and turned off after it's retracted), but I also have a V3 in mind that I'd love to try, but is not at all budget friendly, but would be able to have the ignition and shut-down sounds correspond to the extending and retracting of the blade and have true smooth swing, but I think the V2 will still be pretty solid for now. The V1 really is a pretty simple concept, but there were a few bugs that had to be worked out to get it to work properly. If you want, send me a PM and I can tell you the basics of how to make one.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: