Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tri-Cree with Diamond  (Read 522 times)
nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« on: July 30, 2021, 07:16:20 PM »

i am researching the possibility of installing a tri-cree LED module in an UltraSabers hilt running a Diamond sound card.  i expect the flash on clash and color mixing may not be possible but looking for confirmation or contradiction.   
Also, any wiring guidelines will help to speed up my trial and error experimentation.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 09:26:13 PM »

It has a Tri CREE in it, an RGB Tri CREE. Though, I'm assuming you want a single color Tri CREE, for maximum blade brightness. As you said, you'll lose color mixing and flash on clash. Obviously, color mixing is a moot point when you have 3 LED dies of the same color. Likewise, flash on clash is accomplished by using a second LED die of a different color to add a colored flash effect. When you have a Tri CREE with all of the dies the same color you obviously can't create that effect. The wiring for the Tri CREE should be exactly the same as the default Diamond setup, with one die attached to each color connector on the board. Then you just have to drive all 3 to maximum in the Diamond control program and you'll have a Diamond board with a standard single color Tri CREE setup.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 01:21:20 PM »

It has a Tri CREE in it, an RGB Tri CREE.
i did not know it was tri-cree - nothing on my LED to indicate that.

Then you just have to drive all 3 to maximum in the Diamond control program and you'll have a Diamond board with a standard single color Tri CREE setup.
This means the software will still be using RGBW but it would control the same color.  In case of a Green-Green-White tri-cree, flash on clash could be used but would the card support that still?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: