Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Switch out batteries  (Read 967 times)
TheNinjaSloth
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 31, 2021, 10:20:14 PM »

I'm considering buying som higher mAh batteries, since I want to charge the ligthsabers less. To my knowledge there shouldn't be any difference as long as the once I get have the same voltage, but better be safe and ask here than just buying some.
Anyways, would there be any problems with the saber if I insert some Li-Ion batteries that has the same voltage (3.7V) but higher mAh than the ones provided with the sabers?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 12:00:47 AM »

In theory, no.  In practice… you need to be careful of what you’re buying.  Many vendors will try to sell batteries with outlandish (and false) claims of their capacity.  You also want to stick with protected cells (protection from over-charging, over-discharging, and short-circuiting), because the amount of energy these things can release is dangerous if it’s released all at once.

I would stick with XTAR batteries from a reputable vendor (like UltraSabers, for one).  It is not unheard of for scammers to list XTAR batteries, but sell you instead some off-brand, perhaps-recycled cell in a knock-off XTAR wrapper.  XTAR isn’t the only trustworthy brand, of course.  I’ve also had good luck with Nitecore, and Fenix and UltraFire have a decent reputation, too.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 04:59:59 PM »

also remember do not use li-ion where using NiMH.  Pay attention if it says high-discharge - you probably do not want that.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 08:36:13 PM »

As long as the voltage is correct 3.7 for lithium ions, the discharge rate won't matter. The circuit will only draw the current it is wired for even if the battery can provide more.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff