Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Upgrading to the Ultra Pixel String Blade  (Read 922 times)
jderochers
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 03, 2021, 06:02:17 PM »

Do you need the in hilt connector when upgrading to the Ultra Pixel String Blade from the Diamond setup? If so, what is the difference between MLS and LED?

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 08:05:33 PM »

If you're asking if you already have a Diamond controller with a regular LED, equipped US hilt, then you basically would need to gut the electronics and led module to install a push pin connector into the emitter for the contact points for the pixel string blade and replace the wiring for the Diamond board. Already installed hilts are hard wired together. I'm not sure about the new pixel string blade US hilts, but from the spec sheet, they're suggesting they are wired in the same way. An enterprising installer could get connectors that would make the new Obisidan board as a swappable chassis system.  Myself, I would fabricate something to hard set in the hilt something the board would plug into.

The difference between the MLS and led modules is that the MLS has the lip on the top, where the led disk sits, for some specific hilts/removable emitters, while the LED module works mostly in the one piece hilts (Apprentice, Initiate and Sentinel hilts are good examples).

IF you go with upgrading yourself a hilt you already own, I say it's an experience that will teach you much about how they put the hilts together.

If I wasn't paying off some medical bills this year, I would be getting one of the new set ups. Maybe the end of this month if everything goes well.

I hope I answered your question.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: