Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultra Pixel Hilt Adapter  (Read 1390 times)
nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« on: September 08, 2021, 02:21:56 PM »

i have yet to see a review of an UltraSaber with the Ultra Pixel setup.  Does anyone know how the in-hilt PCB is secured in these builds?
Anyone have pictures or a video showing the details of the build?

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 02:57:51 PM »

This. And also... How about pixel blade plugs ?

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 05:52:43 PM »

This. And also... How about pixel blade plugs ?
blade plugs are not needed with the pixel setup since no light is emitted from the hilt when the blade is removed, however, it is possible to install LEDs into a plug and attach a blade side PCB - basically a pixel blade cut off and plugged right after the hilt ends.  one could even repurpose those already on-hand but these are sold at other places.

i guess you already know all that but like the look of a lighted hilt sans blade?

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 07:34:55 PM »

blade plugs are not needed with the pixel setup since no light is emitted from the hilt when the blade is removed, however, it is possible to install LEDs into a plug and attach a blade side PCB - basically a pixel blade cut off and plugged right after the hilt ends.  one could even repurpose those already on-hand but these are sold at other places.

i guess you already know all that but like the look of a lighted hilt sans blade?

Exactly. I like to be able to ignite even whithout a blade.
And some pixel blade plugs are really sexy out there...

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 11:21:40 AM »

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I just got this saber a few days ago. However, given that the saber took between 3 and 4 weeks to get to me, I'd imagine nobody had an answer back that far. I'm not sure how it's secured in there, but here's a picture of it.

If that helps, cool. I'm new to this tech, so it's kinda interesting to me, but I don't know what you guys are looking for. As for whether or not they plan to do pixel blade plugs, that sounds like a question for customer service.

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 01:01:26 AM »

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I just got this saber a few days ago. However, given that the saber took between 3 and 4 weeks to get to me, I'd imagine nobody had an answer back that far. I'm not sure how it's secured in there, but here's a picture of it.

If that helps, cool. I'm new to this tech, so it's kinda interesting to me, but I don't know what you guys are looking for. As for whether or not they plan to do pixel blade plugs, that sounds like a question for customer service.
Excellent!  Thanks for the picture - point!
The screws are probably to hold the board in the adapter which possibly screws into a threaded module?  or they f'n hot-glued it. Smiley
i am surprised to see the heads but one not supposed to look down the barrel anyway, right?
Do you see any screws on the outside opposite of where hilt-side pcb is located?
Does it shift/move around?
If you were to pull the guts out from the pommel and shine a light down the tube, one might be able to see past the switches and back of the module.
mmm...that sounded ungrateful but i am not - promise.  thanks again - you are the first i have seen to post a pic of the new offerings.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 02:00:57 AM »

It doesn't shift or move around. The Dominix V4 is just a tube on the inside with nothing to stop it, so I'm not sure if it's a friction fit or what. There are no screws on the outside to hold it in. I looked through the pommel end and I don't see any glue other than the glue holding the switch in.

I'm really surprised nobody else has posted reviews or anything with this new tech. I was here when they released the Diamond board and people couldn't wait to post stuff about that. You'd think string blades would have been something people were waiting for.

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 02:14:29 AM »

It doesn't shift or move around. The Dominix V4 is just a tube on the inside with nothing to stop it, so I'm not sure if it's a friction fit or what. There are no screws on the outside to hold it in. I looked through the pommel end and I don't see any glue other than the glue holding the switch in.

I'm really surprised nobody else has posted reviews or anything with this new tech. I was here when they released the Diamond board and people couldn't wait to post stuff about that. You'd think string blades would have been something people were waiting for.
wow! thanks for the quick reply.
i for one was waiting/hoping for this. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: