Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arbiter Review - First UltraSaber  (Read 1370 times)
RadiantShackles
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: October 20, 2021, 03:50:19 PM »

I received this saber yesterday, and I'm really impressed with the construction! The hilt has some pretty good heft to it, and it is admittedly larger than I expected, but it feels quality and it looks really nice. I purchased the saber during a flash sale at the end of last month after a visit to Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World; I couldn't shake my envy of other park goers with their Disney sabers lit in the dark. My impulse buy paid off when the saber first ignited!

I chose Arbiter both because it was on sale and because I wanted the saber to represent my Saga Edition Jedi's first personal saber. The design is simple and easy to grip, with little ostentation. I didn't splurge on sound or emitter effects--a decision I regretted and remedied with another purchase earlier this month--so the saber will spend most of its time on the shelf. I chose a mid-grade blade and Fire Orange lighting for the stunt saber, which is very bright and will look great in photos, though it won't see any sparring use if my friends end up using the codes I sent them. The fancy blade plug also looks really nice, though tightening the screw to hold it in leaves it slightly askew in the emitter.

My only real gripe with the saber is that the light mechanism has just slightly too much space in the hilt, so it clacks around when the blade is swung. As mentioned before, there won't be much swinging, but does anybody know of a quick fix for the slight gap? I'd rather not put any adhesives in there so I can keep the hilt open to tinkering if the fancy strikes me.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the saber and even more excited for the more deluxe saber that I have ordered. I'll attach some photos if I can figure out how to do that!

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 04:53:11 PM »

I received this saber yesterday, and I'm really impressed with the construction! The hilt has some pretty good heft to it, and it is admittedly larger than I expected, but it feels quality and it looks really nice. I purchased the saber during a flash sale at the end of last month after a visit to Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World; I couldn't shake my envy of other park goers with their Disney sabers lit in the dark. My impulse buy paid off when the saber first ignited!

I chose Arbiter both because it was on sale and because I wanted the saber to represent my Saga Edition Jedi's first personal saber. The design is simple and easy to grip, with little ostentation. I didn't splurge on sound or emitter effects--a decision I regretted and remedied with another purchase earlier this month--so the saber will spend most of its time on the shelf. I chose a mid-grade blade and Fire Orange lighting for the stunt saber, which is very bright and will look great in photos, though it won't see any sparring use if my friends end up using the codes I sent them. The fancy blade plug also looks really nice, though tightening the screw to hold it in leaves it slightly askew in the emitter.

My only real gripe with the saber is that the light mechanism has just slightly too much space in the hilt, so it clacks around when the blade is swung. As mentioned before, there won't be much swinging, but does anybody know of a quick fix for the slight gap? I'd rather not put any adhesives in there so I can keep the hilt open to tinkering if the fancy strikes me.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the saber and even more excited for the more deluxe saber that I have ordered. I'll attach some photos if I can figure out how to do that!
Congrats on the acquisition!

i have seen some posts on the forum about the rattling LED module - i think o-rings was the main recommendation.  try the search feature here
for posting pictures, i use imgur and the quick links for bulletin board available from that site.  Hit "preview" to see it work prior to posting.
here is one of mine:
Code:
[img height=300 width=400]https://i.imgur.com/HEe8jWc.jpg[/img]
i like to add the dimension parameters.

RadiantShackles
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 06:40:21 PM »

i have seen some posts on the forum about the rattling LED module - i think o-rings was the main recommendation. 

Had an epiphany, realized I could just move the blade into the hilt a little more to sandwich the LED in there. Problem solved with no real effort!

Thanks for the imgur tip, don't know why that didn't occur to me:

The hilt is 14", full length is 58". This is a big fella!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 01:10:42 AM »

It looks great! But that doesn't look like the normal pommel, it could just be an optical elusion or did you select a different one?

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

RadiantShackles
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 06:13:38 PM »

It looks great! But that doesn't look like the normal pommel, it could just be an optical elusion or did you select a different one?

Nope, this one's standard! Must be a trick of the light.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 08:31:18 PM »

I have that pommel on 2 of my sabers, it's a nice one! Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 03:50:07 AM »

I approve of this saber being in Fire Orange Tongue Looks kinda deeper than usual though, but I can tell its not Pyrestone Orange

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: