Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Any experience with the Flamberge in combat, especially as a pike?  (Read 4786 times)
Okmit
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 28, 2021, 12:30:38 AM »

I am considering purchasing a Flamberge to add to my 2 Yaris to make a pike sized Cross Saber so I can compete in exotic tournaments in a couple of saber combat competitions. Does anyone have experience with the Flamberge in combat? I have heard it is thicker than other companies cross guards but I like the thickness as it give it strength over the thinner pikes. I would love to hear about your experience in combat.  Thank you.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 10:03:52 PM »

I modded  mine but use it in combat often. It is a most dreaded weapon in the group I duel with. Mine it not pike long but it is lengthened but in front and behind the guard. It has a War Glaive no claw emitter to make a sort of ricasso.  The grip end is extended with a 4 inch grenade section from when the Arbiters were 2 piece bodies.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 10:49:00 PM »

I wouldn't think it would be very practical with the crossguards on. Most I've seen used for combat are modified by replacing the emitter and deleting the guards. I'm sure it could be done, although it seems a tad large and heavy for me. That one was kinda made because of the cool factor and people begging for a crossguard saber when TFA came out, more than anything.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 11:28:28 PM »

It is easy to use with the guards and the guards offer great advatage when used well. In duels I have used the guards to catch opponents sabers, twisted to perform disarms, and sued them as attrition contact point both to the torso and head similar to how Kylo did Finn in TFA.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 04:43:42 AM »

Like I said, I wrote it off a long time ago as being too big and unwieldy for me, but I'm sure a larger person may be able to work it pretty well.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: