Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: General question  (Read 1003 times)
poseidon7902
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 02, 2021, 01:41:58 PM »

I purchased my son a blade while at DragonCon this year and my wife picked it up when it was completed.  I have a couple general questions. 

1.  How do I know which hilt etc.. that I have?  I did a custom build so she was handed the saber when it was put together but that was it. 
2.  How do I maintain this?  It won't turn on which I assume means it needs to charge, but when I take the hilt off and slide the insides out and plug in the Micro-USB nothing indicates it's charging and after being plugged in for 30 minutes it won't turn on still.  I don't see any type of guide on the home page. 

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 03:23:12 PM »

I purchased my son a blade while at DragonCon this year and my wife picked it up when it was completed.  I have a couple general questions. 

1.  How do I know which hilt etc.. that I have?  I did a custom build so she was handed the saber when it was put together but that was it. 
2.  How do I maintain this?  It won't turn on which I assume means it needs to charge, but when I take the hilt off and slide the insides out and plug in the Micro-USB nothing indicates it's charging and after being plugged in for 30 minutes it won't turn on still.  I don't see any type of guide on the home page. 
welcome to the forum!
A1. While here via browser, look for that link in the top-left of this screen just under the UltraSabers logo that says "click here for lightsabers".  Then search through the pictures. 
Or - you can post a picture/video of the hilt and the lovely forum members will gladly provide some feedback. Smiley
A2.  unless you have a very unique saber that runs off of some kind of novel power source, it uses batteries (AAA, AA, or Li-Ion).  Find those and extract.  Replace like for like Smiley
you may also wish to post pictures of the guts here and the wonderful members of the forum will reply.
As for that port, it is to configure the sound and light of the saber.  You will need the software also available from this site.

may the force be with you on this journey.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 05:46:01 PM »

Nunya is correct. 
 Check the website for Ultrasabers to identify your hilt.

You more then likely have li-ion batteries if you have a sound saber. They look like AA batteries but put out more power. You will need to remove the batteries from the hilt and them charge them in a capable charger. The usb mini/ micro port is for editing the sounds and lights only. That port does not pass power to the batteries.
 Recharge ports on ultrasabers are on the outside of the hilt. If you had a recharge port you would not even need to open the hilt to use it.

Failing Soul
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 06:21:59 AM »

So in theory is it possible to add a blade to the end of the broodgaurd? Kind like a duel blade type.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 05:37:12 PM »

So in theory is it possible to add a blade to the end of the broodgaurd? Kind like a duel blade type.
sure - this is true for any saber with enough room in the hilt for a second LED and wires. 
One could drill and tap a hole for retention screw in the hilt directly or, if the pommel is Modular Hilt System (MHS) compatible, could add an emitter which typically have the retention screw hole.
However, access to the batteries would require removing the LED from the hilt first. 
Also, sound would add its own challenges - holes are required to allow the sound to be heard outside of the hilt along with getting the wires past the speaker.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: