Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond sensitivity settings  (Read 1609 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« on: November 04, 2021, 07:30:33 PM »

I was asked how I have my diamond saber set up. So here you go.

The first picture is the default settings. Everything is set at 127 or 128.

Picture two is how I have mine set up.

On 6 out of my 7 sabers this is my exact settings. Give or take a point here or there.   The one saber I have that is different is the Malice. That saber is three times heavier and reacts differently.  On the malice the swing is ten points higher (150) and the clash ten points lower(110).  The weight of the saber makes the clash go off really easy. So I had to lower the sensitivity. The opposite is true with the swing. The weight made swings hard to trigger so I had to up the sensitivity by 10.

Here is my recommendation for adjusting the settings.  Start at default.  If you don't like the responsiveness of your saber move up or down by ten point increments.  When you think you're close move by five points and then move by one point. "Walk it in."  There is no number for the "sweet spot" because all sabers are a little different. So are our personal preferences.

I have mine set this way for reasons.  I like my swing to go off when I swing my saber, not when I'm walking or breathing heavy.
            I like my clash to go off ONLY when I actually hit something.
            Force and Menu I leave default because they trigger perfectly in my opinion.
            Spin and Stab I like to keep as low as possible so they do NOT trigger all the time. If you use the fonts I make, you already know why! For those of you that don't know, I load up my font's Spin and Stab function with tons of quotes from whatever character or movie it is.

Sometimes however I do crank up the swing sensitivity. Like to achieve a certain effect while using a specific font. My ZERO font is a good example of this.  In case you don't know the character. Zero is an assassin from the Borderlands video games.  After he kills he wipes the blood off his katana. I tried to recreate that in the font. So I up the sensitivity of swing to make it easier to do.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqXUEjDs-jQ&amp;list=PLBwv0fRLv6sgwy_5eOoJuimXZow0xEV70&amp;index=9" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqXUEjDs-jQ&amp;list=PLBwv0fRLv6sgwy_5eOoJuimXZow0xEV70&amp;index=9</a>

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 09:40:53 PM »

Superb!  
i shall apply those pointers and follow your recommended technique [have to clear my schedule].
Your video does a good job of demonstrating at least one of the features offered by the Diamond controller -  to change color (or entire effect) for a specific action.  
Nice work!  point for the share.
[Edit] - you could also make that a gesture.  like two or three quick shakes

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 10:53:40 PM »

KaiserSosay: Thanks for the ideas and the demo.  Have a (dark side) point!

Nunya: I've heard that more than three shakes is something ENTIRELY different, but you do you.  I just gave you a point for making me laugh in a different thread, so I'll have to come back tomorrow and do it again for this one.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 03:00:23 PM »

KaiserSosay: Thanks for the ideas and the demo.  Have a (dark side) point!

Nunya: I've heard that more than three shakes is something ENTIRELY different, but you do you.  I just gave you a point for making me laugh in a different thread, so I'll have to come back tomorrow and do it again for this one.
you went down a path that did not even occur to me Smiley  point!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 10:09:51 PM »

you went down a path that did not even occur to me Smiley  point!

And now I'll have to come back tomorrow and give you yet another point for being such a good sport about it.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: