Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shocks emitter modification  (Read 2396 times)
Chernoslav
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

May the light be with you!

« on: November 11, 2021, 08:48:43 AM »

I redid the emitter from Saber Shock.
I understand that I removed the beautiful grooves at the base of the emitter, but this shape prevented me from working with the saber in saberfighting classes.
a smoother emitter makes it easier to hold the saber in your hands.
in addition, the protruding top of the emitter presses uncomfortably against the bone at the base of the thumb. after class, the finger hurts.
I went to a motorcycle service to my friends and they cut off the excess on a lathe.
in my opinion, the emitter turned out to be not much worse than the original one, but more convenient for practicing.
saber has become lighter by 17 grams and now weighs 643 grams, instead of the original 660.

Shock blue with basic sound
Initiate v4 stunt green

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 04:40:48 PM »

Thanks for the pics and the “real results” or “meaning” of the changes.  I mean, pics are nice (perhaps even necessary), but you went the extra step and answered the question of “that is a different look, but what does that change actually mean when it comes to handling the saber?”

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 07:43:58 PM »

I redid the emitter from Saber Shock.
I understand that I removed the beautiful grooves at the base of the emitter, but this shape prevented me from working with the saber in saberfighting classes.
a smoother emitter makes it easier to hold the saber in your hands.
in addition, the protruding top of the emitter presses uncomfortably against the bone at the base of the thumb. after class, the finger hurts.
I went to a motorcycle service to my friends and they cut off the excess on a lathe.
in my opinion, the emitter turned out to be not much worse than the original one, but more convenient for practicing.
saber has become lighter by 17 grams and now weighs 643 grams, instead of the original 660.

Nice work!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 06:27:54 PM »

It look good and it still flows nicely with the saber.
I would have also added a 2nd blade retention screw. As I have done with several of mine. Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: