Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: The Darksaber  (Read 2334 times)
Studabeg5
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -15

« on: November 13, 2021, 02:45:34 PM »

So I saw they have released a Darksaber. Now as cool as that thought is, looking at the hilt design I've gotta say I'm disappointed. It looks very clunky and doesn't have a whole lot of elegance. I get you're trying to put your version into the market but I hoped for something a little better looking.

It seems very short (almost 1 handed), with an oversized tsuba and it's also a rounded hilt. It looks like a combination of the old Clone Wars style but combined with the new version from Mandalorian.

What do you think? Would you be interested in getting 1 yourself? The previous release (The Empress) was very well done. I would've expected this to be more on-par with their previous releases.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 06:19:51 PM »

The darksaber was not ultrasaber friendly from the get go. The empress is quite an accurate version if you forget the rotating switch. Rey's saber being round helped.
This new design... I won't be buying it. The windows are nice. But it's the only thing I like about it. A round darksaber is a mistake as far as I'm concerned. But if people like it, good for them.
I'm glad I got a more accurate one from some other guys.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 10:29:47 PM »

Personally, I love the design. I am seriously thinking about getting myself one. The choices are making it very hard to decide which though, because I want it in AS, but I also want to be able to change the colors. I just don't know what to do yet. But yeah, I think it looks great.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 12:47:31 AM »

Ultrasabers makes combat sabers so I'm glad they didn't make a square hilt. I prefer function over cannon aesthetics. What's a shelf queen?
 When my hand is wrapped around it you will only see the emitter any ways. A nice addition to the hilt selection.  Can't wait to see what's next.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5BtIQTfnLc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5BtIQTfnLc</a>

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 02:54:00 AM »

No sir, I do not like it…

Yuck!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 03:08:26 AM »

i am down the middle on this.  excited to see new hilt designs but disappointed they put so much into multiple variations - pick two (maybe three) and just go with it.
The emitter is cool but, if you seen my other posts you may know what is coming, why so many friggin screws???
*shaking them by the shoulders*
its a good attempt to hit some of that market but may not pay dividends in the end.
the round blade will be disappointing for many but i was surprised to see the flat blade looks really sturdy - like it may cut right through my pixel blade Sad

i look forward to seeing more options soon - nickel plated hopefully Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 01:57:03 AM »

Cool saber but pass for me. I'll wait for another cool design I can relate to =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Grindspine
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 01:29:04 AM »

I have been excited about this one for a while. I would only get the short 16" blade though since that saber pretty much begs for a flat acrylic blade to be added later!

I may have purchased one of these for my wife to go with a Bo Katan helm that was on a Cyber Monday sale. That is, of course, if she behaves herself. She broke her toe while saber fighting with some friends a month ago. I think the rug had the high ground that time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: