Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I wonder if I could ask your advice...  (Read 2909 times)
Jackie1225
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: November 15, 2021, 03:11:35 PM »

I emailed this to the company then realised I should really just post it here and ask for input from those who know!

I'm building a saber for my nephew for Christmas. He's given me some parameters but isn't able to complete the order himself for various reasons. This is all brand new to me. I spent most of yesterday reading through the site and some things here on the forum and I think I know what I'm doing.

Sort of.

He wants a double-bladed saber so I've chosen the Phantom Initiate Version 4.

1) He wants a saber that is capable of separating. Just wanting to confirm this one will do that. I believe I read that it would but then I couldn't find that information again.

2) Tri consular green vs consular green - is the colour more vivid? Is that the benefit?

3) Regular charger vs XTAR VC2 charger - why would people upgrade?

4) I'm given the option for a second stand, and a second covertec clip. Is this because the saber separates into two sabers? Will one stand hold the whole saber? Will one clip hold the whole saber? Is it better to just get two?

So my plan is for the Phantom Initiate Version 4, tri consular green (no flash available), Li Ion with Buckpack 4 batteries and 2 chargers, no recharge port, heavy grade blade (he's a teenager, and rambunctious), standard blade size, regular hilts no windows, rounded blades, blade retention screw wrench, standard blade plugs (2), one stand (but open to input), silver finish release coupler with vents and sound, regular vented pommel hilts, Obsidian USB V4 sound (x 2), black guarded switch (x 2), no mini USB cable, 1 covertec clip and wheel install (but open to input).

I know you don't know me and don't know my nephew, but I'm asking if you see any glaring errors or problems with this plan. I would hate to be the one to ruin this for him because I neglected to include something obvious to somebody familiar with this. That's all I'm asking. Any obvious problems. Also if there's something cool I'm missing and you're sitting there thinking, oh, no!!!! Why would she do/not do this?Huh

Also regarding the Black Friday sale - if I qualify for something like a free stand, do I order that stand and they take off the price? Or do I not order it and assume it will be included?

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 03:30:22 PM »

Hey, I wanted to answer your question regarding color.
Both Tri-CG and regular CG are equally vivid, saturated greens, but the Tri will be noticable brighter. It may also drain the battery a fraction faster, so that's something to consider.

That said, I don't think there is ever a reason to buy a green LED saber when you can buy a Blue LED and Photon blades (I get them from the Custom Saber Shop)
The standard Arctic Blue in a Photon blade is actually a BRIGHTER green than Tri-CG.
AB has a diode of blue that reacts to the photon green blade, turning it into a bright eerie green, but also had a green diode to add more green saturation.
Tri-AB is even better because it has 3 diodes: blue/blue/green

So I HIGHLY recommend you get the saber in AB or Tri-AB and get some photon blades. Not only will it be a far brighter green, but you can swap back to the regular blades anytime you feel like having blue for a change

Oh and you'll want to upgrade to the Quick Release coupler. All US double sabers come with couplers to remove a make into 2 sabers, but the QR coupler makes that an instant process instead of the tedious unscrewing and screwing of couplers to pommels

-

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 08:06:19 PM »

I emailed this to the company then realised I should really just post it here and ask for input from those who know!

I'm building a saber for my nephew for Christmas. He's given me some parameters but isn't able to complete the order himself for various reasons. This is all brand new to me. I spent most of yesterday reading through the site and some things here on the forum and I think I know what I'm doing.

Sort of.

He wants a double-bladed saber so I've chosen the Phantom Initiate Version 4.

1) He wants a saber that is capable of separating. Just wanting to confirm this one will do that. I believe I read that it would but then I couldn't find that information again.
looked at the listing - comes with a Quick Release Coupler at no extra charge - keep that.
2) Tri consular green vs consular green - is the colour more vivid? Is that the benefit?
i suppose it is - 3 led vs 1 led
3) Regular charger vs XTAR VC2 charger - why would people upgrade?
i am not aware of the difference but i have the vc2
4) I'm given the option for a second stand, and a second covertec clip. Is this because the saber separates into two sabers? Will one stand hold the whole saber? Will one clip hold the whole saber? Is it better to just get two?
Stand - since the stand is made of two separated "arms", i would expect it could hold the entire saber.  however, if you feel that both may want to be mounted separately then two is needed.  or you can buy some later with US or elsewhere.
Clip - if you get covertec wheels on both hilts then it may imply one would want to wear them separately so 2 clips are needed.  prices here for those are pretty good.  if you only get one wheel installed then no need for two clips.
So my plan is for the Phantom Initiate Version 4, tri consular green (no flash available), Li Ion with Buckpack 4 batteries and 2 chargers, no recharge port, heavy grade blade (he's a teenager, and rambunctious), standard blade size, regular hilts no windows, rounded blades, blade retention screw wrench, standard blade plugs (2), one stand (but open to input), silver finish release coupler with vents and sound, regular vented pommel hilts, Obsidian USB V4 sound (x 2), black guarded switch (x 2), no mini USB cable, 1 covertec clip and wheel install (but open to input).

I know you don't know me and don't know my nephew, but I'm asking if you see any glaring errors or problems with this plan. I would hate to be the one to ruin this for him because I neglected to include something obvious to somebody familiar with this. That's all I'm asking. Any obvious problems. Also if there's something cool I'm missing and you're sitting there thinking, oh, no!!!! Why would she do/not do this?Huh

Also regarding the Black Friday sale - if I qualify for something like a free stand, do I order that stand and they take off the price? Or do I not order it and assume it will be included?

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
i have never looked at the double bladed options until just now and have to say i hope to never do so again - wow.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 09:28:08 PM »

Hey, I wanted to answer your question regarding color.
Both Tri-CG and regular CG are equally vivid, saturated greens, but the Tri will be noticable brighter. It may also drain the battery a fraction faster, so that's something to consider.

That said, I don't think there is ever a reason to buy a green LED saber when you can buy a Blue LED and Photon blades (I get them from the Custom Saber Shop)
The standard Arctic Blue in a Photon blade is actually a BRIGHTER green than Tri-CG.
AB has a diode of blue that reacts to the photon green blade, turning it into a bright eerie green, but also had a green diode to add more green saturation.

So I HIGHLY recommend you get the saber in AB or Tri-AB and get some photon blades. Not only will it be a far brighter green, but you can swap back to the regular blades anytime you feel like having blue for a change

Oh and you'll want to upgrade to the Quick Release coupler. All US double sabers come with couplers to remove a make into 2 sabers, but the QR coupler makes that an instant process instead of the tedious unscrewing and screwing of couplers to pommels

-

Everything Galef says about the AB or Tri-AB combined with the photon blade making a brighter blade is dead-on correct; he has a couple videos on YouTube that show this.  Also, as he points out, you can swap out the photon blade for the standard blade that comes from UltraSabers, and have the Arctic Blue blade just for grins or for whatever reason (and the Arctic Blue really is pretty all on its own, too).

Regarding the charger… upgrade to the VC2 charger; you won’t be sorry.  The performance, safety, and convenience features on the VC2 chargers are nice.  The only reason to NOT upgrade to the VC2 charger is if you already have the XTAR VC4 or VC8, like I do, and you forego the charger altogether.  Do not skimp on chargers ore batteries; it’s just not worth it.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Jackie1225
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 02:05:07 PM »

Thank you, so, so much to those who replied. This was exactly the kind of input I was hoping for, and I really appreciate it. Smiley

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 03:15:54 PM »

Really wish i knew about this 1 month back - point for the info  Tongue

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 03:17:14 PM »

Thank you, so, so much to those who replied. This was exactly the kind of input I was hoping for, and I really appreciate it. Smiley
lot of great knowledge and experience from the forum members - finding this forum early or prior to buying is really helpful.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 07:23:49 PM »

Galef really is the GREEN Master.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 09:00:18 PM »

Thanks again to everyone who weighed in.

UltraSabers offered me some coupons to share so I thought I'd post that here... help yourself if you can use a code.

Take care, everyone  Smiley
Glad that worked out for you!
unless i misremember, we are not supposed to post codes in the forum.  Seems silly though...going to read the rules again now.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 09:47:08 AM »

Glad that worked out for you!
unless i misremember, we are not supposed to post codes in the forum.  Seems silly though...going to read the rules again now.

You're right; it's Rule #9.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 02:08:51 PM »

You're right; it's Rule #9.
thanks for confirming.  i read again - it is mostly so we do not clutter up the forum with those codes.
i have never had the need to use those codes - always some sale going on.  Now, if it was for free shipping then, hey now.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: