Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Prophecy (CE) in Fire Orange  (Read 3765 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« on: January 26, 2011, 09:50:34 PM »

Alrighty, this is my first review so be warned! lol

Last Friday I put in my order for the Collector's Edition Prophecy, in Fire Orange, with the recently re-stocked Heavy Grade Ultra-Edge blade. Thank you to paypal for transfering my money so slowly that the blade was in stock again when I made my order! XD It arrived on Tuesday, as scheduled, and I must say that pulling it out of the box I was VERY impressed. The Nickle Plating really gives it a wonderful finish that balances the styles of the Prequels and the Original Trilogy Sabers very well. I didn't order it with batteries, but as I suspected after reading several other reviews, it came with some anyways. Smiley Kudos to Ultra and his staff for watching the little things.

The Orange color really looks spectacular. I was hoping it would have a tad more yellow to it, to make it a little lighter and brighter, but it's a very good solid color. I find it to be an excellent balance between hot and cool for any Jedi who wants to be a little edgy or roguish with their style. The Ultra-Edge blade really lives up to it's reputation! the color comes right out to the very edge of the tube, and I was pleased to find that in addition to lighting the tube more evenly, it lit the tip better as well!

On to the important part of the review: the hilt itself! I will say that not seeing the length and dimensions listed in the product description made me leary, but it turned out my worries were for nothing. The hilt IS pretty short but it does not adversly affect grip or the ability to weild the saber two handed. It measures about 10 and a half inches in length, roughly an inch and a half of which is in the emitter. The activator is well placed for a variety of choices in how you hold your saber, and the covertec knob lines up under your palm when fighting two handed. This is good and bad, IMO, because it means it's not under your fingers... but at the same time the thing bites into your hand a little in a fight.

Also, the balance is a little forward of the hilt, at least when using an Ultra-Edge Heavy Grade Blade. I don't have a mid-grade, so I can't tell you if that would help this any. Of course, this means that the thing has some good swing behind it and really excels in a spin. It's really just enough balance into the blade for it to make you really feel like Luke flicking his father's saber on for the first time. Getting to know the balance and feel of the weapon that's made of light.

On a final note, I had been worried about one other thing. I'd heard alot of guys say they had to wedge a packing peanut into the hilt to keep the battery pack from rattling around when they got their saber out of the box. I had no such problem! Cheesy My battery pack came with this nifty little wrap around it that appears to be velcro. It hold the thing right snugly in place. Now, for the part you've been waiting for... the photos!!! (sorry, none with the blade on... took these at the office... XD )

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

zach skywalker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »

Very nice indeed. I got mine in standard finish. Also does the nickle plating look that gold color

Yoda"Try not do or do not"
Luke"You want the imposible"

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »

The goldish color you see in my pictures of the nickle plating is due to the lighting. It reflects the color of the light around it. Very cool if you ask me, you should see it when it's got a blade on in the dark! Then it REALLY looks gold with the orange light on it. Grin

I am not a color...

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 02:17:49 AM »

I love rolling up on some peope who are used to the red, blue, and green (and purple) sabers and light up an orange one. Everyone turns and stares. Hot hilt you have there my friend! I'd love to get one of those things. If only I were more wealthy... LOL

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 02:28:03 AM »

Nice hilt. When you get the chance I'd love to see it with the blade lit.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 02:35:38 AM »

I know, right? I once tripped over an orange plastic with the light up blade in Toys R Us a year, maybe two, after AOTC came out. It was Plo Koon's, I think, but they didn't lable it. It came in a bouns pack with three action figures. LOL Anyways, the neighborhood kids FREAKED when I brought that sucker out!

Hey, save your money, pray for a sale... it could happen! Smiley

I'll try to get pics up with the blade this weekend. I also got a grab-bag standard issue in guardian blue with a regular Heavy Grade Blade, and I'd like to do a comparison review of the two blades once I get the pics.

I am not a color...

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 03:49:27 AM »

Sweet! I have to have my red saber, but I still love having less common colors. Showing people that there are other colors around has gotten more of my friends interrested in sabers!

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 04:25:20 AM »

I'm going to have to show this to a friend of mine, who is considering another saber. The Aeon or the Dominix are cheaper, but if she saves up some more, a Prophecy might be a good fit for her too, even if it isn't the nickel version.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: