Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I'm confused. How am I supposed to upload a PFP and images from my hard drive?  (Read 7398 times)
Darth Ignus
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

The Dark Side Pulls Me More Than The Light

« on: February 06, 2022, 02:28:10 AM »

I'd show you the edit page but I can't even figure out how to upload an image here without having to do a weird link thing. I am lost for words. All I want to do is upload images from my computer but there is no upload button when I go to edit my profile and I don't want to have to post on Imgur or something like that just to upload a simple image! HALP!!! (on-purpose typo)

(dark points preferred)
Owned:
Dark Initiate V4 Stunt CG Windows & Silver AV

Wishlist:
Renegade SE w/ V3 sound all BR & White Illuminated Silver AV
Dark Princess w/ V3 sound VA (for my sister)
Phantasm V4 staff V3 sound AS AB FOC Both hilts same

My name is soon going to be changed to my proper name, Darth Ignus

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 08:51:51 AM »

I'd show you the edit page but I can't even figure out how to upload an image here without having to do a weird link thing. I am lost for words. All I want to do is upload images from my computer but there is no upload button when I go to edit my profile and I don't want to have to post on Imgur or something like that just to upload a simple image! HALP!!! (on-purpose typo)
I use an online image hoster. I think it's the only way.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Ignus
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

The Dark Side Pulls Me More Than The Light

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 12:31:14 AM »

I use an online image hoster. I think it's the only way.
I'll look into it

(dark points preferred)
Owned:
Dark Initiate V4 Stunt CG Windows & Silver AV

Wishlist:
Renegade SE w/ V3 sound all BR & White Illuminated Silver AV
Dark Princess w/ V3 sound VA (for my sister)
Phantasm V4 staff V3 sound AS AB FOC Both hilts same

My name is soon going to be changed to my proper name, Darth Ignus

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 01:42:51 AM »

I've used ones I've posted on here

Sent from my SM-A025G using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

Momin Radacat
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 10:51:42 PM »

I also have no idea how to post an image!  So many people have figured it out.  I've looked through "search" and "help" and cannot seem to find it.  I've also used that "Insert Image" Icon and it doesn't work on "Preview"  Hmmm.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 11:35:29 PM »

Hello Momin Radacat,

Welcome to the forum first off....and second I hope to be able to help you out. Unfortunately Saberforum doesn't have a dedicated system for members to either store images directly on the site's platform OR to access your hard drive files to link pictures into your post comments. You need to upload your images to a file sharing site such as Imgurr, Photobucket or Flickr. Once you have uploaded your photos then you can get URL web addresses for the images which you then insert into your comment using the "Insert Image" function. When typing your post and you want to insert the image you click the "Insert Image" button and the HTML Image tabs will appear. You then paste the URL for the picture you are embedding BETWEEN the two sets of brackets.
You need to do this process each time you want to insert a photo (so it helps to have all your URL links noted down in Wordpad so you can quickly cut and paste them).
Continue to type your comment and then click "Preview". If you have entered the URLs correctly inbetween the tabs your images should be visible, if not then check and retry entering the links.

I hopefully this helps, if you need more assistance let me know ok!
I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 05:12:29 PM »

Hello Momin Radacat,

Welcome to the forum first off....and second I hope to be able to help you out. Unfortunately Saberforum doesn't have a dedicated system for members to either store images directly on the site's platform OR to access your hard drive files to link pictures into your post comments. You need to upload your images to a file sharing site such as Imgurr, Photobucket or Flickr. Once you have uploaded your photos then you can get URL web addresses for the images which you then insert into your comment using the "Insert Image" function. When typing your post and you want to insert the image you click the "Insert Image" button and the HTML Image tabs will appear. You then paste the URL for the picture you are embedding BETWEEN the two sets of brackets.
You need to do this process each time you want to insert a photo (so it helps to have all your URL links noted down in Wordpad so you can quickly cut and paste them).
Continue to type your comment and then click "Preview". If you have entered the URLs correctly inbetween the tabs your images should be visible, if not then check and retry entering the links.

FT has the right idea^^

Just to supplement his already excellent advice: Imgbb is a good (and completely free) photohosting site.  You know that it's easy if even a halfwit Luddite like myself can figure it out  Wink

Good luck!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Momin Radacat
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 02:44:24 PM »

Hello Momin Radacat,

Thank you so much For Tyeth!  This is exactly what I needed to understand picture posting on this forum.   Now hopefully this reply works - I couldn't find a reply button, but found the quote button, which doesn't seem right but perhaps it is  Smiley...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: