Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Phantasm Initiate V3 Review (actually Phantom)  (Read 6313 times)
spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 40

« on: January 23, 2012, 06:12:09 AM »

Well  a couple days ago I recieved a paclage from US, but instead of getting the Phantasm Initiate V3 I ordered, it was a Phantom Initiate V3. I got it in Adegan Silver and some US color discs and Lee Filters, here's a few pictures and a review.

The hilt is actually a little bigger than I imagined, but I do have small hands so it's probably just from that fact, but my perfect size.

Look: 7/10
If it was the Phantasm like I had ordered and I customized it like I had planned, it would probably be a 9.

Feel: 9.5/10
The smaller hilt and 2 chokes feel perfect to me, with addition to the 24" blades. I'm 5'5" so short sabers are perfect, especially ones with chokes cause I do alot of fancy spinning when I duel.

Brightness: 8.5/10
The blades are very bright, but I use regular batteries and I have Heavy Grade blades so it could be brighter, but still brighter than my Shock LE in Fire Orange.

Durability: 10/10
These things have already been through alot, and I haven't even dueled with them yet. I've accidentally dropped them and smacked them against stuff so much from just messing around in my small apartment, but they still look completely brand new from the box, I can't wait to battle with them.

Overall: 7.5/10
It is an amazing saber, but the solid black isn't my thing, If it was silver, that would be a different story, maybe a 9.5 instead. Overall, I am definately getting more later, maybe in PO+FO with obsidian.

Color changing is also great with this when you use the Lee Swatchbook, here is a thread I started where I use different filters and take requests.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4714.0

Thank you for reading, hopefully this will help someone out. Now, time to duel with someone!  Grin

Customized Shock LE - FO + Obsidian/Old Republic Font
Manticore - FO + Ultimate FX Qui-Gon Soundboard
Customized Dark Initiate V3 - DVA/SRD FOC + Obsidian/Black Star Font

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:03:26 AM »

I too received a Phantasm Initiate V3 fairly recently and will try to post my own review as well.

Regardless, I enjoyed your review especially in consideration to the honesty of your thoughts on the final product.

I too am looking for someone to dual, it's an ongoing struggle.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »

Good review.

Again bummer on it not being a Phantasm.

More short sabers for short people, I need to see more. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »

Well... if you really want to break up the all-black Phantom, you can take the anodizing off.  I did so using heavy sandpaper, just to give it a weathered look.  It probably won't be easy to take it all the way back to solid silver, but you could take a lot of that black off.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »

Well... if you really want to break up the all-black Phantom, you can take the anodizing off.  I did so using heavy sandpaper, just to give it a weathered look.  It probably won't be easy to take it all the way back to solid silver, but you could take a lot of that black off.

What are the steps involved or does it not need to be treated when finished.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Malkhara
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »

If it isn't too intrusive, I have to ask, are they doing something about the mix up?  I'm assuming that you order the Phantasm and they simply shipped the wrong product. 

I'm asking because before I drop $300 on one of bad boys I'd like to get a feel of how the company treats its customers.  Thanks.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »

If it isn't too intrusive, I have to ask, are they doing something about the mix up?  I'm assuming that you order the Phantasm and they simply shipped the wrong product. 

I'm asking because before I drop $300 on one of bad boys I'd like to get a feel of how the company treats its customers.  Thanks.

They have excellent Customer Service and are willing to resolve problems quickly.

I've had a few electronics problems and whatnot but it's electronics, if they didn't break there wouldn't be electricians. Grin

Though I would like to know what's up since it's obvious you didn't raise hell for the mix up.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 06:59:25 PM »

It may be too late now, seeing as how you've used them, but I'm sure they would have corrected the mistake if you contacted them. Give shipping@ultrasabers.com a try, and see what happens. Wink

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »

I'm wondering also. The order I'll be placing within the next 1.5 weeks will be my first time buy, and it will be of multiple sabers. DSI staff V3 -  Dark initiate staff LE V2 - Dark initiate  staff V3 LE. I'm Hoping that they will ship as order, mostly because 2 of the staffs are going to be gifts and would rather not have to go through the reshipping wait.

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 03:04:16 AM »

Their costumer service is freakin' awesome.

Not only did they ship one of my Phantasm's back in time for the holiday season this last December, but they threw in an extra fully-charged Li-Ion battery as well.

Not many businesses do that on such short notice and it really is an example of the care they put in customer satisfaction.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:12 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's too late to send it back, but I'll just try to customize it a little.

Customized Shock LE - FO + Obsidian/Old Republic Font
Manticore - FO + Ultimate FX Qui-Gon Soundboard
Customized Dark Initiate V3 - DVA/SRD FOC + Obsidian/Black Star Font

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: