Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can effects/gestures switch between fonts?  (Read 2097 times)
Trel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 18, 2022, 04:49:35 AM »

Is it possible to have a gesture's action switch the active font?

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 05:15:38 AM »

Is it possible to have a gesture's action switch the active font?

I don't believe so.

To change fonts you must hold down the button and perform a STAB motion.  Once in the menu you twist the saber (force move) to change to a different font.

To preform a gesture you start from the saber at idle.  If you begin a self programmed gesture by holding down the button I'm pretty sure it would not allow the gesture to be programmed in the first place, Or it would just shut off the saber. Not switch to a new font.

If you go into the editing program on your computer and plug in the saber, you can uncheck the boxes on the gestures tab. That will turn off all gestures on that font. When you want to use the gestures again you can reprogram the gestures with new movements. You don't need to plug into a computer to program new movements.

Trel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 05:25:31 AM »

Darn, my goal was to make a gesture that would switch to a specific font (imagine a specific move that shifts all the colors from blue to red) and then another gesture in the other font to change back.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 05:38:39 AM »

To be perfectly honest it might be possible.  I have never tried it.  
I don't think it would work though. When starting to program a new gestures movements you press the button to begin recording the movements.  To end the recording you press the button again. I don't know how the program would handle the button hold down needed for the font switch.  It would be a menu within a menu situation.

Switching from font to font is as easy as doing a gesture. Maybe even easier.

You could use the lockup feature to simulate this kind of effect.  Red blade color with a sith idle sound. Then hit the button for lockup with a blue blade and Jedi saber idle sounds. Only draw back to that would be no swing or clash sounds for the lock up blade color.

You can change the blade color and idle sound by preforming a gesture.  The blade color change would not do swing or clash sounds though.  The blade would be the changed color for as long as the accompanying sound file.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 05:56:39 AM »

You could also put your two fonts next to each other in the font menu. Then make both of their boot sounds the same as the fonts idle sounds.  Also make the boot color effects the same as blade idle effect.
 So with say a red blade, you are at idle, preform the button hold down and stab. Instead of hearing a boot sound and a color change effect. You would still hear the idle sound and the blade would stay red. You could then  twist right and the  blade color  is blue with different idle sounds.  Hit the button to stay blue or twist again and you are back to red. There are a couple ways to try out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: