Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Hilt Measurements (Lengths & Widths)  (Read 105463 times)
jartok
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2015, 03:36:07 AM »

oops its on the website  Roll Eyes

9 7/8"

“When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not, hmmmm?”
- Yoda

Sifu John
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2015, 03:14:03 PM »

Hi Everyone,
I know I disappeared there for a little bit (It's been a rough couple weeks), but I wanted to ask a quick question.
Does anyone have the RGB Versions of the following sabers:
Dark Shock (Shock)
Overlord
Dark Warglave (Warglave)

I am wondering what the Body length is on these RGB versions (sorry if I missed that earlier in the thread, I dont think the RGB Versions were mentioned).

I am planning a custom assembly with one of these three bodies and new emitters and pommels.
I appreciate any Info.
Thanks so much,
Sifu John

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2015, 04:55:14 PM »

Hi Sifu John.  Good to see you back and hope all is well.  I recently purchased the RGB dark Shock which looks awesome.  Using a Raven SS pommel with it.  The total length is 13".  With the Shock pommel length is 13.5".  Hilt body only without emitter and pommel is 9.75".   Regular Shock from pommel to emitter is 11".  Hilt body only is 7.25".   

It's a long saber but lighter with good two hand grips and fairly evenly balanced depending upon blade used.  There is a 4th master switch.  I kept the buttons all the same for continuity instead of an av master switch.  If ordering with sound and FoC, the flash comes in AS or FO only.  If you decide upon this one, asking for a currently free to trial Obsidian V4 upgrade would be fantastic to instantly change the sound fonts to match blade colors.  Suggest asking for all guarded switches to be the same, as the three color buttons will have the silver center and the master all black.  Also placing the covertec wheel underneath, closer to pommel rather than on either side, will provide a nice clean line.  I'm really pleased with mine.  Using an UE blade.  Hope this helps.   Smiley

The Overlord regular length is 12.25" and RGB is 13.5"  Warglave specs unknown to me, but I have the regular hilt part only.  Is slightly over 7.5".  The RGB hilt body only is 9.5".  Both of these sabers have the additional RGB master switch.  The RGB Shock and Warglave empty hilt bodies can be purchased for a custom build.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:40:51 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Sifu John
Knight Officer

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2015, 10:11:47 PM »

Hi Dauntless :-)
Things have been stressful lately with some family emergencies, but we are doing well regardless.
Thank you so much :-)

Also thank you for the info.
I was wanting to get an RGB overlord with a Warglave emitter. I really like the Overlord body, buyt prefer the Warglave emitter's windows (and the claws are cool) as well as the choke point at the base of the emitter.
I also was contemplating a Dark Warglave emitter with claws at the base of the saber.
This however makes for a Looong saber.
I actually purchased a Dark Warglave emitter last week, and put it on my Dominix V3 with sound. It is a very simple "customization" but It makes the hilt much longer (although the lower choke now is a good point of single handed grip) and really looks cool. The sound is especially loud with it too...
I included a picture of it in my small saber rack upstairs. What do you think?

Because of the length of the Overlord, I am considering going with the Dark Shock RGB instead so I can do the Warglave emitter on top, and the Dark Warglave emitter with claws on the bottom.

I think I just finished my dueling clubs patch design.
I kept it somewhat simple and decided to go with a rocker that goes beneath our Kung Fu school's crest (patch). When I am sure I am done I will post a picture of that too :-)

Thanks again,
Sifu John

Hi Sifu John.  Good to see you back and hope all is well.  I recently purchased the RGB dark Shock which looks awesome.  Using a Raven SS pommel with it.  The total length is 13".  With the Shock pommel length is 13.5".  Hilt body only without emitter and pommel is 9.75".   Regular Shock from pommel to emitter is 11".  Hilt body only is 7.25".   

It's a long saber but lighter with good two hand grips and fairly evenly balanced depending upon blade used.  There is a 4th master switch.  I kept the buttons all the same for continuity instead of an av master switch.  If ordering with sound and FoC, the flash comes in AS or FO only.  If you decide upon this one, asking for a currently free to trial Obsidian V4 upgrade would be fantastic to instantly change the sound fonts to match blade colors.  Suggest asking for all guarded switches to be the same, as the three color buttons will have the silver center and the master all black.  Also placing the covertec wheel underneath, closer to pommel rather than on either side, will provide a nice clean line.  I'm really pleased with mine.  Using an UE blade.  Hope this helps.   Smiley

The Overlord regular length is 12.25" and RGB is 13.5"  Warglave specs unknown to me, but I have the regular hilt part only.  Is slightly over 7.5".  The RGB hilt body only is 9.5".  Both of these sabers have the additional RGB master switch.  The RGB Shock and Warglave empty hilt bodies can be purchased for a custom build.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2015, 10:40:08 PM »

Hi again.  Sending healing energies to you and yours.  The RGB Dark Shock hilt body with the Warglave clawed emitters will look fantastic.  Suggest silver with the black claws on both ends.  I think that there could be a photo of a dark saber with this set up in the gallery section but not entirely sure.  The Overlord is a beauty, but as you mentioned, quite long.  The Warlord hilt is unremarkable if not for the claws and pommel.

Nice job with the Dominix v3.  Wow, that makes it one long saber.  Have you though of using it with yari extensions.  Your rack and growing saber collection are fine indeed and you deserve a point.  I am really liking my v4 Initiate.  Conflicted about the windowed emitter for dueling but like the blade color shining through.  Looking forward to seeing your club patch design.  How exciting and things seem to be coming together.  Hopefully a video will also be in the works.  Cheesy

Sifu John
Knight Officer

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2015, 01:40:06 AM »

Hi Dauntless,
We do have quite a collection of sabers.
I think I ordered saber # 32 last week.
Now granted some were purchased for students, some were purchased for myself, each of my two sons, and the wife, and some were purchased for the Quoon (to be used by students of the saber club that had not yet purchased their own), but we do have quite a few about the place.
My 29 saber rack is nearly full during saber class, and the 15 saber rack I have in our living room is getting full too (I keep a few extra Blades there in the back just in case ;-) ).

We have a Dark Initiate V4 with Windows that is great.
There is a half choke below the emitter that makes a decent hold point, and the windows are sharp looking.
Thus far it has held up quite well during dueling.
Although I stress care during the duels, and partner work, we are by no means gentle.
We have certainly put the sabers through their paces these past few months.

I video just about every class and dueling session, so we are working on a new video.
I have only used the Dominix with the Warglave "emitter pommell" twice for class now, but it does balance nicely at what is now the center choke, and I have enough room for all the maneuvers that way. I just need to be aware of my blade placement when I make contact with another saber.

I am still strongly thinking about the overlord, but the Dark shock is a very close second.

I will keep you "posted" ;-)
Have a great evening,
Sifu John

Hi again.  Sending healing energies to you and yours.  The RGB Dark Shock hilt body with the Warglave clawed emitters will look fantastic.  Suggest silver with the black claws on both ends.  I think that there could be a photo of a dark saber with this set up in the gallery section but not entirely sure.  The Overlord is a beauty, but as you mentioned, quite long.  The Warlord hilt is unremarkable if not for the claws and pommel.

Nice job with the Dominix v3.  Wow, that makes it one long saber.  Have you though of using it with yari extensions.  Your rack and growing saber collection are fine indeed and you deserve a point.  I am really liking my v4 Initiate.  Conflicted about the windowed emitter for dueling but like the blade color shining through.  Looking forward to seeing your club patch design.  How exciting and things seem to be coming together.  Hopefully a video will also be in the works.  Cheesy

Riq
Force Sensitive

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2015, 03:14:53 AM »

Does anyone know the hilt body diameter of Archon v2.1, both at the grooved grip as well as at the plain surface? Thank you in advance.

jedikiller
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2015, 04:48:03 PM »

I want a saber that I could hold with one hand but could hold on to with both hands so I was wondering what would be the best length and width for that saber.

JediKiller Vaders apprentice turned good

If you give me force points give dark side points!

Darth Vaalkash
Force Sensitive

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2015, 12:38:22 PM »

Hello ! I would like to know what lightsaber I should buy if I want a saber that can be one handed wielded ( for Makashi  Grin ) and has a great balance for quick swings and thrusts ! I love your sabers and considered buying the mantis from you but it seems quite heavy and wide so I wanted to know if this is a good choice or if there's a better one for me ^^.
Thank you for your amazing work and may the force be with you  Wink

covertspy2556
Force Sensitive

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2015, 03:51:36 PM »

does anyone have the dimensions for the US flamberge?? Cheesy especially the thickness of the handle, i have small hands  Undecided

ManuxtheFox
Force Sensitive

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2016, 02:44:02 PM »

Does anyone know the diameter and weight of the Consular hilt with and without shroud? I'll be getting one this summer, but I'd like to know approximately how it'll feel before hand. Thanks! Grin

Nichsherer
Force Sensitive

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2016, 05:39:55 PM »

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy my first saber (bellicose with pike extension) but I wanted to buy a saber for my daughter at the same time. The issue I'm running into is that she is small. 6yo about 3'/3.5' tall. She has expressed interest in the sunriders destiny color at 24" blade. But I am stumped as to what hilt to get her that will be short enough.
So the question at hand, what is a good short hilt, that she could start with? Preferably something that isn't very large in diameter either.
Thank you all in advance!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2016, 06:19:54 PM »

Hey!  Your best bet would be an Initiate V4 or Apprentice V4.  The "dark" versions of those look great with SRD, but the "light" versions are good as well.  The choke points should allow her to grip it without difficulty even at six.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Rathayatra
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 98

"Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is"

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2016, 02:47:30 PM »

thanks -- help with selecting another saber .   

lightside points please --- thanks an old youngling
Initiate LE v4 CG             
Prophesy v3 OPS GB 
Graflex GB OPS
Yoda FX
Dk. Prophesy v3 SY
Standard Issue Battle v3 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 VA
Archon v2.1 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 CG
Dk. Menace tri GB
Consular v4 GB Nickel
Shock GB OPS + Raffle Prophesy CG Stunt
Archon v3.1 + spring raffle Dominix LE v4

Dragon Two
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Keep me neutral - Accepting LS or DS points

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2016, 11:27:54 PM »

What is the inside diameter of the Apprentice v4?  I want to make sure that a USB power bank I want to install in it isn't too wide.

Failure is a concept created by human minds as an excuse for not trying at all.

There can be no light without shadow.
There can be no shadow without light.

Owner of:
Exactly 0 Ultra Sabers

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: