Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Seriously what's going on with the profile pics?  (Read 4957 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: February 23, 2022, 10:16:50 PM »

Even uploading from imgur doesn't work, I still get the broken box of doom. I've been trying to change my pfp for over a month now with no luck. Anyone know what's going on? Anyone else having this issue?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 10:49:26 PM »

Hi ThreadJack,

I just checked a few other member's avatars and they now seem to be working on Imgur and here on the forum.

I also checked your pictures and I think I have a link that should insert your signature picture into your profile slot. I hope this URL works, just copy and paste it into your profile page settings.

https://i.imgur.com/IMt15vR.png

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 10:58:37 PM »

I have a completely different pic in mind for my profile, but thank you.

Also that doesn't work either....

(Sig by me!)

DeadSh0t77
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 28

Very Nice. Very Evil.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 01:15:07 PM »

You need to remove the “s” from the “https” in the Imgur link.  At least that worked for me after struggling to change my old defunct one to the Cad Bane one.  Upload to Imgur, copy the link, paste in the settings, manually remove the “s” and you should be good. (Hopefully)

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 01:48:59 PM »

I don't get it.

DeadSh0t77
Knight Lance Corporal

Very Nice. Very Evil.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 02:20:41 PM »

I think certain aspects of the message board can’t work with https secure protocols so the non-secure link needs to be used. 

We should just get a Discord server LOL

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 05:05:29 AM »

You need to remove the “s” from the “https” in the Imgur link.  At least that worked for me after struggling to change my old defunct one to the Cad Bane one.  Upload to Imgur, copy the link, paste in the settings, manually remove the “s” and you should be good. (Hopefully)

Nope still the split box of death.

(Sig by me!)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 08:50:57 AM »

Hi ThreadJack and Deadshot77,

I am already a user of Discord believe it or not! I lurk around there as a few of my friends that livestream also have Discord servers to chat on in-between streams.

And  to ThreadJack, do you have a copy of the image you want to use as your profile image stored somewhere online already (and the forum just won't link to it)? If you do, you can PM me the link to the picture and I'll go and save a copy to my website's storage and you can link to my site for your avatar. Both my profile and signature images are stored on my site and I haven't had any issues.

I'm sorry I won't be able to provide this service to all members (as I have limited storage) but I felt the forum Mods should have visible avatars....just looks better!  Grin

DeadSh0t77
Knight Lance Corporal

Very Nice. Very Evil.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2022, 01:29:25 PM »

Interesting.  I struggled with it for almost a week, finally found a post on here where someone mentioned taking off the “s” and it worked like magic.

Could it be the size ThreadJack?  I’m actually seeing a white box now where the pic should be.  I didn’t see that before on your account.  I remember back in the day it had to be a certain size.  Not sure if that’s still the case.

I LOVE Discord.  Use it for gaming teams and I’m an admin for the Joe Bob Briggs & Darcy The Mail Girl Patreon Discord (old school horror movie hosts on Shudder).

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 01:55:30 PM »

Hi Deadshot77,

I think the problem lies with Microsoft and the protocols that are being introduced for increased security with the introduction of Windows 11. I realise not everyone uses Win 11 but these new protocols are causing havoc with sites that may not have up to date security ISP certificates. I had to reset some settings on my browser after Microsoft rammed a "discrete update" onto my laptop. MS usually push updates in three levels, first are sort of weekly updates that "aren't essential but will improve your experience", then there are some patches which address bugs and security issues that crop up and finally there are half yearly operating system upgrades that heavily update your OS. MS pushed one of these major upgrades around the time that the forum stopped being accessible for a lot of members.
By chance I discovered my browser settings had altered and was able to reset the "Redirecting" setting I mentioned.

Normally removing the "S" from the URL would work but now older sites may not recognise links that have the S removed because the Internet is getting tighter on security and so won't send info/data to non up-to-date platforms.

Anyhoo, I see you have no issues with your pictures and ....I like your hat.....

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2022, 02:49:57 AM »

My profile pic is all messed up too and I just use one of the standard ones x.x So no you're not going crazy on that part then Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022, 02:56:24 AM »

DeadShot77's method worked so maybe give that a try

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: