Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Possible saber company scam site?  (Read 3921 times)
cujoe_da_man
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 34

« on: March 04, 2022, 02:53:22 PM »

I just recently got an email from a company called Zerka Corp.  My first red flag was that any links in their email are so long that they go off screen somewhere.  Second red flag being that somehow they got my email and are now sending me stuff.

I didn't click on email links, I just searched them up and found their site that way: https://zerkacorp.com/  Their website's links seem ok, but of course anyone these days can make a convincing website that's only used to take your money.

Maybe they're legit?

I am a grey Jedi.
My passions are a part of me,
but they do not control me.
Domination can be broken.
Serenity can be a lie.
Knowledge gives me strength,
but power can be a weakness.
Peace and chaos gives me harmony,
Through balance I gain victory.
There is no Light or Dark,
There is only the Force.
Do not try to sway me or you will feel my wrath.
---
My Collection:
Dark Mantis - Violet Amethyst, Obsidian V3
Initiate V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian V4
Dark Sentinel V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian Lite
Initiate V2 - Fire Orange, Stunt Saber

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 09:19:48 PM »

Same, looks suspicious to me given I've never been to their site

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 11:04:14 PM »

Hi there Cujoe_da_man,

I did a bit of careful digging on the name you provided and I found search results that mentioned the site as being a "Toy Store" and a leader in obtaining/distributing online shopping "Vouchers" so I'm guessing the company's speciality is not in lightsaber manufacturing and supply. Probably another drop ship vendor that buys  cheaper sabers in bulk from Asia and sells them on at a jacked up marked price. Also you would probably be lucky to get what you order.

Best stick with a certain established company that begins with "Ultra" and ends with "Sabers" maybe. Roll Eyes

cujoe_da_man
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 09:46:45 PM »

Oh, I agree.  Too many red flags for me to be comfortable with.

Maybe if more show up we can have a 'known scam site' list sticky somewhere Cheesy

I am a grey Jedi.
My passions are a part of me,
but they do not control me.
Domination can be broken.
Serenity can be a lie.
Knowledge gives me strength,
but power can be a weakness.
Peace and chaos gives me harmony,
Through balance I gain victory.
There is no Light or Dark,
There is only the Force.
Do not try to sway me or you will feel my wrath.
---
My Collection:
Dark Mantis - Violet Amethyst, Obsidian V3
Initiate V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian V4
Dark Sentinel V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian Lite
Initiate V2 - Fire Orange, Stunt Saber

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 04:42:49 PM »

seen plenty like this. pop up saber companies are just resellers from a certain China maker. most steal photos of "happy customers" that never bought the saber from them (one is on this forum) the sabers are decent but they're probably offering basic models you can grab from legit resellers in the U.S. and other places. so their "deal" is them making $50-$100 per sale. while it's frowned upon to say a name of other companies...
Learn your resources
Get the facts
Trust your sources
sabers
lot of us been around and know the other companies.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 09:23:43 PM »

seen plenty like this. pop up saber companies are just resellers from a certain China maker. most steal photos of "happy customers" that never bought the saber from them (one is on this forum) the sabers are decent but they're probably offering basic models you can grab from legit resellers in the U.S. and other places. so their "deal" is them making $50-$100 per sale. while it's frowned upon to say a name of other companies...
Learn your resources
Get the facts
Trust your sources
sabers
lot of us been around and know the other companies.

Yeah most of the resellers in the states from that manufacturer are legit because they have to be.  the ones that aren't,  the manufacture is pretty good about dropping or limiting supply. there was one in particular they publicly drop as a direct reseller.  They also all have to go to the main reseller for any soundboards as part of the agreements.  If not they are just another customer buying in bulk from AliExpress with no business ties.   But the Company in question seems to be a us based reseller and fall under The Deceptive Trade Practices Act so there is some hope

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: