Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Replacing the battery with lithium - Initiate v.4  (Read 999 times)
Chernoslav
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

May the light be with you!

« on: March 09, 2022, 02:00:51 PM »

I have a power bank with a broken USB connector, but a working battery charging module.
It uses a 26650 lithium battery 4000mAh 3.7V .
I figured out how to use a lithium battery for a light saber, but, I had to solve two problems.

It is necessary to coordinate the supply voltage from the lithium battery 3.7 V for the diode in the saber.
The old battery compartment has 4 batteries each 1.5V, 6V in total.
The power bank outputs 5 V to the USB through the charging module or 3.7 V from the contacts on the battery. I ordered a boost module from Aliexpress for $2 from 3.7 volts to 6 volts and connected it in parallel with the USB charge module to the battery contacts.
https://aliexpress.ru/item/32902451567.html
In total I have 6 volts output, like a battery assembly on old batteries.

Now I need to install the lithium battery with power modules in the saber handle.
My friend printed out an adapter for me on a 3D printer.
The outer diameter of the adapter is equal to the inner diameter in the saber handle, and the inner diameter is the same as the size of the accumulator.

The new battery fit snugly into the saber without gaps.

It works!

A few photos.

Shock blue with basic sound
Initiate v4 stunt green

DeadSh0t77
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 28

Very Nice. Very Evil.

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 05:44:04 PM »

Interesting.  Point for sharing that.

I’d love to get a V2 staff and convert if from standard batteries to a single 18650 in each hilt, so been meaning to research this stuff.

Chernoslav
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

May the light be with you!

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 11:17:28 AM »

Quote from: DeadSh0t77

I’d love to get a V2 staff and convert if from standard batteries to a single 18650 in each hilt, so been meaning to research this stuff.

If your staff has no sound, Уou can use only one BMS board to charge two Li-Ion batteries (S2 version),
https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005001327267228.html

Connect both handles with a wire to the 2-pin connector to make the staff disassembled,
and install the charging port on the side of the staff coupler, that connects the handles.

Shock blue with basic sound
Initiate v4 stunt green

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: