Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Standard Setup Quick Question  (Read 2332 times)
Ricktur
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 30

the world is hollow and ive touched the sky

« on: January 24, 2012, 04:39:54 AM »

real quick question here:

If i order a saber with the standard setup (im assuming thats with AAA batteries) can i have the saber sent in at a later date to have it converted to the Rechargeable batteries? 

im thinking i can purchase a saber with the standard setup now and when i get hte money send it in to have it converted to the rechargeable ones but idk if standard setup is a done deal or not.

thank you

[‾๐‾‾]▦[⊚]▦ị█ị‾╱██████████████████████████████████████████████)
CE Prophecy - Guardian Blue Ultraedge Midgrade

Lightside Points Appreciated!

taylorjaymz
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:18:19 AM »

If i order a saber with the standard setup (im assuming thats with AAA batteries) can i have the saber sent in at a later date to have it converted to the Rechargeable batteries? 

im thinking i can purchase a saber with the standard setup now and when i get hte money send it in to have it converted to the rechargeable ones but idk if standard setup is a done deal or not.

thank you
anything can be done. but for the money you might as well wait a few and get it with liion initially because it will most likely cost you a lot more to get it later. ie: shipping charges, the parts, the dissasembly and reassembly proces fees just im guessing around 60+ compared to the original.

Hasbro Luke FX-STOCK
MR Vader FX-STOCK
MR Maul Half-STOCK
MR-Anakin-STOCK W/Damage
Aeon  v2-CG
CG Prophecy-GB
Phantom V2 custom staff-FO
Phantasm V3 LE STAFF W/OBSIDIAN AND AV SWITCHES(AV-one blue one green)- VA

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:23:03 AM »

What about upping from standard to lith w/ Obsidian ? or do you still suggest getting the lit-ion from the get go ?  And what about battery life...just a rough est. plz  in a stunt saber..does lit-ion have a longer run time ?

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »

Ok a few things:
1) @ Chainmale: Please don't highjack other people threads for your questions.

2) @ Ricktur: While anything can be updated it will cost you more to ship your saber out and get it back than you'll like.  Especially if you do it twice (once for Li-Ion setup and another time for Obsidian).

Taylor has the right idea here.  Get as much as you can in your original order.  The more you send it back the more it will cost.  Waiting an extra month for that $25 is well worth it, and if you can wait until march and save up enough for obsidian than Chainmale does make a good point.

Now nobody has every done a from full-to-dead run time check of Li-Ion.  Li-Ion will provide a more stable run time though.  In Alkaline batteries when the charge starts to die the voltage starts to drop.  The saber gets dimmer and the colors shift.  Li-Ion batteries don't have tha voltage drop.  They go from pushing out their full capacity to dropping to almost nothing which is why people suddenly lose their LEDs and just have sound and get scared.  Just takes a charge to get everything back up and running.

Now Ricktur, if you can afford more with more time, I'd suggest you wait and get as much as you can at once.  Once you have this thing the first thing you're likely to do is to start planning what saber you want to buy next and your grand plans for upgrading will go out the window.

Happy buying.  Cheers.

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 04:06:01 PM »

My Most humble apologies to the both of you.

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 10:22:15 PM »

Now Ricktur, if you can afford more with more time, I'd suggest you wait and get as much as you can at once.  Once you have this thing the first thing you're likely to do is to start planning what saber you want to buy next and your grand plans for upgrading will go out the window.

It's completely true - I ordered a saber with the intention of maybe ordering a few different emitters/pommels later on to change things up and keep it fresh - that plan is history; forget pommels and emitters, I can't stop thinking about which full saber to order next.

But seriously, save some money in the long run and order your saber with all the options you want all at once, even if it means waiting a little longer before you order - you won't regret it.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Ricktur
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:08:52 PM »

thanks guys for replying!  and @Chainmale its cool man, no need to apologize to me, these are the forums, im glad we were able to condense and get both of our questions answered instead of creating a new thread, but hats just me :/

the reason i was asking is because i already own a couple of dark initiate v3's but i got them with just the standard setup. they were intended as stunt sabers and as you called it, i started planning for my next saber.

im conflicted however, and thats why this thread was generated.  I have my next saber planned already.  So here's my situation:

what ever i buy, i plan on buying two of the same saber just like i did with the dark initiate v3's.  reason: one for display to keep pristine, and one to wreck. like heavy use.  makes sense for a collector right?

that being said, my next saber is already going to be double the cost of the "average buyer" i suppose. 

I own the anakin skywalker force fx lightsaber so ive experienced what sound on these sabers is like.

personally, when im showing it off, its really cool AT FIRST, i turn it on and everyone oooo's and ahhhh's but then when im talking to people about the saber and showing them, the sound gets kind of annoying, i end up switching it off and that's it.

BUT the sound is really really cool.

So here i am, ok, my next saber is going to be double the cost, so im trying to bring down the cost, i LOVE the sound, BUT to be honest, it gets kind of "in the way" so to speak when im swinging it around so even though i really like the sound, i can do without?  so im in this predicament where i dont mind not having sound but im thinking i may change my mind in the future so again, thats why this thread was generated.

anyway, thanks for your time, i will definitely take everything you guys said into consideration, i may be able to squeeze the extra 50, but we'll see. 

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »

If the sound gets in the way you can make a pommel insert to block it.  I cut a disk out of cardboard and taped it up with electrical tape.  It fits in the end of my pommel. 

I can still hear the sound, but it puts it at a much lower level (that doesn't annoy my wife or start dogs barking at 4am).  Smiley

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 10:43:15 PM »

I was loading different sound fonts onto my saber the other night, just to see how they'd sound (and feel, if you know what I mean) and my wife summed it up perfectly when she said,

"That is so annoying.  I'm sure if that was my own lightsaber it'd be awesome, but it's not, and you're driving me nuts!"

The point: Worry about if YOU want sound (I think it's awesome); don't worry about anyone else, it's YOUR saber.  Tongue

Funny thing is, I know my wife will get sound in her saber, even though mine was p---ing her off all night.  Cheesy

(Slaxxor's sound-stopper idea is a good one too!)

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Ricktur
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 11:43:38 PM »

wow thats awesome, i was afraid of getting flamed for saying the sound "gets in t he way" lol but im glad so many are seeing (and experiencing) just what im talking about. . . and thats a good idea with the insert to block the sound a bit. . . .

awesome, me and the wifey get paid on the first of the month, then we gotta see what taxes do for us (or dont do) and then i will be ready to purchase, i hope i have my mind made up by then lol!

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 02:54:58 AM »

When I made mine, the only reason I really covered it in tape was so that you couldn't see the cardboard through the slots on the pommel.  If you leave a little tab of tape to grab onto on the inside of it, it is easier to take it out for those times you want full volume.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 04:44:47 AM »

thank you

Standard Setup, quick answer.  Don't get it.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Ricktur
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 09:57:02 PM »

thanks deep, i trust you judgement lol!  ok so next question, so i go li ion rechargeable battery setup, can i get sound added in later with that setup?  thx!

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »

You CAN get sound added later with Li-Ion setup but it is cheaper in the long run to get it when you order your saber. I asked about this back when I ordered my saber and it's better to get as much as possible all at once.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Ricktur
Knight Officer

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 10:18:10 PM »

You CAN get sound added later with Li-Ion setup but it is cheaper in the long run to get it when you order your saber. I asked about this back when I ordered my saber and it's better to get as much as possible all at once.

ok great thank you!  im still really on the fence about sound, so what i think i'll do is just go ahead with the li ion setup (per everyone's recommendations!) and just worry about the sound at a later date.

i know many of you may still not understand but keep in mind, i plan on purchasing two of whatever saber i decide on so my costs are double what you'd normally expect.

anyway, thanks everyone that replied, i do appreciate it!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: