Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Just bought my first Ultrasabers  (Read 1961 times)
KJM13
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 15, 2022, 03:00:13 PM »

Hello.  I've been a fan of the Ultrasabers line of lightsabers for quite awhile now, though I just made my first purchase.  Money has been tight, especially thru the pandemic, but I have some extra spending cash now, so I decided to make the plunge and buy my first lightsaber.

Well...actually not really my first.  My very first lightsaber was just the hilt, bought from Mike Parks waaaaaay back when he first started out.  I think he had placed an ad in Sci-Fi Entertainment magazine when that mag first started publication.  It was based on the Graflex, and instead of pins on the side it was just 2 metalic stickers to give the illusion of the pins.  I still have it hanging on the wall of my den.

My 2nd lightsaber was the Icons Luke Skywalker A New Hope hilt.  I always loved the look of the graflex, so when Icons released their very first product, I splurged and bought it. That one sits on my computer desk, where I'm typing this.

But this is my first fully electronic lightsaber.  

Since I love the graflex look so much, naturally I went with the Ultrasabers Graflex.  And I love it!!!

I picked the SE version.  I thought that for my taste that the nickel plated version might be a little too shiny for my tastes, as the original graflex is a bit on the dull side, to that's why I went with the SE version.  It looks beautiful!

I got it with the Guardian blue LED, with a red flash on clash.  I love colored lights (love those colored Christmas lights!) so that's why I went with the deeper guardian blue color.  I wanted a colorful contrast to the blue for my flash on clash color, so that's why I went with red.  Looks great in lock up mode.  
I got the Obsidian Lite sound card.  Very nice - loud and works and sounds great. 

Since the blade color is blue, I went with an illuminated silver AV switch with a blue light to match the blade.  The front button is gold, to make it stand out against the silver metal hilt, and the rear button in bronze, again to make it stand out a bit, and the bronze color is deeper and richer than gold, to sorta / kinda look a bit like the deep red of an original graflex button.  

I also got the circle blade plug, as it give a nice look to the hilt when the blade isn't in it.  

Next up, I want to get a nice box to store the hilt in.  I'm debating on what type to get.  I've seen some nice wooden boxes that you can put a bottle of wine in that has some padding inside and red silk material that would look nice, or I've also seen some more rustic looking storage boxes at Hobby Lobby that would look kind of like a smaller version of the box that Rey found Luke's lightsaber in.  

I also want to make a bag to hold the lightsaber blade in that I can hang in a closet for storage when it's not in the hilt.  

Needless to say I'm VERY happy with my purchase.  And it only took 4 1/2 days from the day I ordered it until it was delivered.  

Time for me to save up so I can get my next saber.  I'm looking towards The Chosen One, as it has that Darth Dader look to it.  I wonder if I can get them to make it WITHOUT that little hook piece on the control box.  Most Youtube review videos say it's kind of in the way.  I know you can take it off, but that would leave a hole in the box.  

Anyway, also eying an Initiate LE V5 and Apprentice LE V5.  

All in all - very happy with my purchase and looking forward to getting more sabers in the future.  

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 05:30:45 PM »

Hello and welcome!
Congrats on your first purchase. Be careful though. It can be addictive.
We do love pictures, so do not hesitate to share some of your graflex!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 02:30:01 AM »

Welcome to your new addiction.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 10:08:04 AM »

Hope you're enjoying your light saber. Welcome to the forum if you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out good luck.

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: