Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 3d printed covertech blade clips  (Read 2123 times)
Jedifry
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« on: May 26, 2022, 04:01:02 AM »

I designed a version of these a while back and wasn't very satisfied but the other day I had a great idea. Instead of doing all the other dumb stuff I was doing to try to make it work I'll just make it compatible with the covertech clips. And BOOM.... An hour later I had this baby designed and printed out. Now I can die in peace lol

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 02:03:05 AM »

Most impressive! Pointage

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 07:34:01 PM »

I'm late seeing this, but that's a very cool idea. I'd been mulling over ways to hide a blade in a costume piece, but your solution's quite direct and practical.

How does it hold up to the weight, walking around, and adding/removing the blade?

Are you willing to share the file? My friend has a 3d printer.

Jedifry
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 04:16:48 AM »

I'm late seeing this, but that's a very cool idea. I'd been mulling over ways to hide a blade in a costume piece, but your solution's quite direct and practical.

How does it hold up to the weight, walking around, and adding/removing the blade?

Are you willing to share the file? My friend has a 3d printer.

I still have yet to wear it to a con so I can't really say how well it holds up there. But I can shake it pretty good and it won't drop the blade. I've also considered making a grove so I can add a rubbery material for better grip. Maybe a small dot of hot glue.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 08:42:05 PM »

I still have yet to wear it to a con so I can't really say how well it holds up there. But I can shake it pretty good and it won't drop the blade. I've also considered making a grove so I can add a rubbery material for better grip. Maybe a small dot of hot glue.

Well have a Point! Smiley

It be too late for the con I'm going to this weekend, but I'd be happy to test it out for the next. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: