Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
Author Topic: ANoob has landed  (Read 28072 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2022, 06:39:55 PM »

Enjoy the new saber!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ANoob
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2022, 04:25:15 PM »

One week update on the Apprentice v5 stunt and new blades

First off the new saber I don’t like it that much. Quite uncomfortable in the hands. The windowed emitter is very sharp and uncomfortable. I don’t like it anywhere near me. I will use it as a costume piece and for socializing. I wish I got the Aeon or Initiate le v3 instead. I do love the hot pink color and the pommel because it is the same pommel as my night pommel.

Now on to the new blades. I got all heavy grade ones. I like them all. My sabers say “thank goodness no more musical blades.”  Yesterday I made a bad joke since there are day blades why not night blades like my Aeon v5 le has. I am finding I like the 40 inch heavy grade ultra edge at night the best. And also the 32 inch version on the saber I made the best at night. During the day the standard 24 inch blades both grades are great for dancing or dueling. Will write updates on my other sabers at a later time.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

Azure Fallen diamond my main dancing saber

Initiate v2 stunt in orange cannot tell what one
Now with 40in night blade ultra edge heavy grade main sleep saber

Apprentice v5 stunt hot pink purely a daytime and disaster saber

Crimson Dominicide in BR lite sound
My number 2 sleep  saber

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2022, 06:45:05 PM »

Overall update

I have been putting off working on my play and sound fonts on the diamond saber because the technology gives me a headache. And also because I cannot find the sound file that I am looking for to use on the Cal Kestis font(s). The font I am using was made for the v3&4 soundboard and don’t have the stab effect I really like on the diamond board. And for the play I have found two great sounds for the lock up but like I said before not one of our fonts. Also the other sound I found is from a tv episode. Frustrated playwright I am. Other problems with the play is that I will have to join multiple sound files for certain parts of the play’s sound font. For instance the power on is a two part sound but only one file can be used in that slot. Also the lighting will have to be adjusted to the second part of that combined section of the font. That part is the power on slot but I want that slot to contain both the tag and power on sound.

Now on to the new saber. Turns out my mother now uses it as her dueling saber with the 24 inch standard mid grade blade because she is a one handed duller. I use two hands so that makes the Apprentice v5 very uncomfortable for dueling and dancing . I use that it only for show examples socializing and a costume piece.

All my other sabers are doing well. After figuring out what blade my mom likes best no more musical blades. I also lately been finding my saber I made even more comfortable then my night saber. But I do love the 40 inch blade it has ( the night saber). That night saber is almost as big as me up to my clavicle that is stood on its pommel. All the other are about hip or waste high.

Still going strong about not having insomnia and being able and remembering how to fall asleep.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

My number 2 sleep  saber

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2022, 03:26:55 AM »

Thanks for the update; I'm glad you're having success with fighting the insomnia monster(tm).  It's also nice to hear your mother enjoys the sabers, too.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2022, 05:51:01 PM »

Thanks for the update; I'm glad you're having success with fighting the insomnia monster(tm).  It's also nice to hear your mother enjoys the sabers, too.
Thanks my friend😀

Do you have insomnia? I love your quote about sleep and fancy beds you wrote on my journal. You are the one who convicted me not to take sleep for granted. Other friends on another journal of mine have tried to do so also. Can you imagine what 15 or more years of chronic insomnia would be like? I feel so much better because I can sleep now.

Also today I woke up with a bit of seasonal affect disorder/depression (SAD) but the light of my Fallen got rid of it immediately. Early on I knew lightsabers would be great for SAD.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2022, 03:33:54 PM »

I am very sad to report two nights in a row of insomnia. I feel a bit jinxed.☹️. I know it will get better. When I do find it hard to sleep I find my smallest saber(the v2) the most comfortable. I think it is because of what happened with the dream weaver who would always forget about that saber. Also I thought when I got my newest saber the pink one I thought it would be as comfortable as the v2. Not so at all. At least I do nor regret buying it.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2022, 04:56:08 PM »

Thanks my friend😀

Do you have insomnia? I love your quote about sleep and fancy beds you wrote on my journal. You are the one who convicted me not to take sleep for granted. Other friends on another journal of mine have tried to do so also. Can you imagine what 15 or more years of chronic insomnia would be like? I feel so much better because I can sleep now.
[/quote

Thankfully, I do not currently suffer from insomnia, but I have had seasons where I have suffered from poor-quality sleep, and have had to seek professional assistance with the underlying issues.  I also have spent a bit of time, money, and effort trying to find the bed and bedroom-setup to provide an environment most conducive to me getting "good sleep" regularly.  As a matter of fact, that quest is still ongoing, but I'm getting closer to perfection.  LOL

I'm glad you found my advice helpful; it does my ego some good.  Also, I was a little concerned that because it was not coming from a place of the SAME situation as yours that it might not apply to you, so I'm glad it applied well enough.

I think it's incredible that you share such personal things here in this community; I'm glad that you have found a comfortable community to do that.  I know that online relationships like this can be very helpful and supportive.

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2022, 10:04:26 PM »

I love sharing my journal here, before I had an online journal on another site that is a peer support group for people with disabilities and mental health issues. I get sad if people don’t read or comment on my journals. Good luck finding the right fancy bed. You crack me up laughing 😂. As a quote from my other journal “ Sleep, comfort, rest, are basic needs and not to be neglected right?!”  still took sleep for granted but you Cyclops with your fancy bed quote made me really rethink sleep. I still won’t forget how I felt that first morning after I got my first saber (Aeon v5 aka night saber). I truly thought it was a freak occurrence because of that adrenaline rush and not feeling well…but I answered life’s biggest question. I did the same thing nigh after night and the same marvelous thing happened. It’s like I forgot what insomnia is like.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2022, 10:22:49 PM »

10/8/22 journal

5 year anniversary of the 2017 Northern (Wine Country) California wildfires. I used to be deathly afraid of wildfires. Now a Jedi I am not afraid of wildfires. Back in 2017 it was like 4 in the morning when my family and I were woken up to a wildfire with in 3 miles of our home. It was pitch black with smoke and darkness. Now if a wildfire or other disaster strikes I actually have a certain font designated to disasters to go with my disaster outfit on my Azure Fallen diamond.

Last night I had a strange dream about insomnia and lightsabers. The only part I remember was that Emory the Great said “Do normal people do that?” That was in reference to me sleeping with my lightsabers. I woke up as soon as he said that in my dream thinking “Talk about rude.” I think Emory the Great was mad at me in my dream. Made me feel sad in my dream.
 Dream analysts
I hate it when I hear or read nasty, rude, or mean things about Emory Deep Harris. Makes me vey mad and sad because it hurts my feelings. To me he is my hero. After 15 years of insomnia how could I not call him “The Great.”

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2022, 03:07:05 AM »

I can't believe I haven't asked before now, but which type of points would you prefer-- Light or Dark?

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2022, 03:24:38 AM »

I can't believe I haven't asked before now, but which type of points would you prefer-- Light or Dark?
What ever you find fitting. Funny things light side or insomnia and sleep dark side. My personality is most like Anakin or Kylo Ren.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2022, 06:28:40 AM »

Journal 10/12/22

I tried dueling with my night saber with a 24 inch heavy grade blade and pommel claws. Quite comfortable but the retention screw is not in a stable place on that model. I pefer the deeper blade socket and screw placement. I lately been finding my v2 stunt saber most comfortable at night so I am going to try my new night blade on it. I am kind of starting to regret buying the Apprentice v5 stunt. Thank goodness my mom likes it. Too bad that the Apprentice doesn’t come in a v2, or v3. I have learned I do not like windows on the emitter especially since I am a Mac user. At least on the Fallen and the Aeon v5 the windows are protected by the fins or claws.
I also realized I am rougher on my sabers then I thought I was at first. That is because I usually have more then one with me for most of the day and night so they get scratched up a lot. I will find a quote from another thread here that makes me laugh when it comes to this matter.

Update on the saber I made.
I put the emitters on it and I will possibly put claws on it too. Will update pictures soon.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2022, 10:10:03 PM »

Those aren't scratches... those are battle scars!  Be proud of them.

Also, I am a little lost on why being a Mac user... Oh, man!  I just got it!  D'oh!  (facepalm)  POINTS!!!!!!! 

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2022, 10:14:11 PM »

Not exactly, they are from carrying around multiple sabers at a time. Here is the funny thread I mentioned in my last journal entry http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=46815.0
Page two second from the last post on that thread.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2022, 06:20:18 PM »

Journal 10/20/22

Not much to write about this week. I have decided not to work on my play and fonts for awhile because every time I do so I get a bad headache.

Like I mentioned before about SAD I am finding my Fallen a great uplift for my moods when it comes to the changing weather and season.
Update on sleep

I lately been trying my mid grade blades because my night blade is a little hard for my liking at the moment. I used my original blade I got with my first saber last night. That one is a 24 inch ultra edge mid grade that is on the saber I made. I am tempted to buy some more mid grade blades to compare the feel to the ones I have at night. I would probably get a 36 inch one.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: