Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: (another) Phantom LE 3  (Read 3498 times)
Vael
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« on: January 25, 2012, 04:12:19 AM »

I just received my Phantom today and boy am I impressed. This is my first saber purchase and after this thing it won't be my last. It is very bright, easy to twirl even for a learner like me. Speaking of twirling, there is no rattle of the battery pack at all. I was really shaking it to try getting a rattle to see how much I can do without batteries popping out but couldn't get it. The blades look a little warped to me but I think its just a illusion from the length (I went with 36"). Speaking of the blades, even with it being over 7 feet long, the saber is still very controllable, just watch out for ceilings, those guys are jerks. What else can I talk about? The silver accents are amazing looking. The blades rattle a little when they hit each other but not when they hit something else (little weird I think). Hmm... That is all I can come up with for now. I am guessing you will all want pictures later so I will be happy to oblige.

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »

I can't wait to see what it looks like.

I too am deciding on the Phantom V3 for my next purchase.

While I prefer 36'' blades, I think for that purchase, however, 32'' blades would probably be ideal for use of the staff, at least for the ceilings sake.  Smiley

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 06:28:14 AM »

32" blades. Saving ceilings everywhere.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 06:54:13 AM »

Use the pool cue method to check the blade. Take it out and roll it on a flat smooth surface. If it wobbles it is warped.  32inch blades seem to be the standard for most staff wielders but if you can handle the 36" more power to you.  Grin

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Vael
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 07:15:03 AM »

And as wanted, here is pictures

http://s1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg623/AkesisRa/

I tried the method you suggested Duff Man. One of the blades is indeed warped. But its not noticeable enough for me to complain
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:18:07 AM by Vael » Logged

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 08:43:54 AM »

Nice , is that the initiate or full sized?  And warping is not a big deal,  the blades are meant to bend and flex anyway so they all eventually warp a little.  so unless you are O.C.D.,  no worries.  Grin  

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Vael
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:12 AM »

The blade is 36 inches. A true monster.

Kental
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

I am Sith

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:27:44 PM »

Love the red blades on your Phantom. I went with the Violet Amethyst on mine plus only the 32" blades. If you can handle the 36" blades in staff form AWESOME. Now that I've seen the Phantom in red I may have to order another in red. NOt like Ultra would complain if I did hehe

Phantom V3 LE Violet Amethyst
MR Anikin ROTS Blue
TCSS 9" hilt and 36" blade Red
PVC 11" hilt with 24" blade Red

Vael
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 01:31:08 AM »

The staff is perfectly usable with the "36 blades. When they are just single bladed they are blade heavy, but in staff form it is perfectly balanced for some reason. If I had to guess I would say its the extra wait to the pommel with the coupler.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: