Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Preview of Lightsaber colors?  (Read 8556 times)
JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« on: January 27, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »

Hey guys I was thinking of adding another saber to my collection, but I can't decide on what color it should be! I've seen plenty of blues and reds and greens and I will soon have a saber with one of each of these colors. I want to see some examples, if possible, of the other blade colors. This includes, blazing orange, adegan silver, arctic blue, violet amethyst, sun rider's destiny, and maybe even sentinel Yellow if anyone has a picture of one. I'd like to see pictures of them in the dark to really show the color if possible. If anyone is able to post pictures of their sabers with these colors I would greatly appreciate your help! Hopefully with your guys help I can pick my new color for my next saber! Thanks everyone!  Cheesy

JediGuardian18
Sabers:
Aeon LE v3: Guardian Blue, AV switch, Obsidian
Dark Liberator v3: Dark Violet Amethyst: Obsidian
Dark Initiate v2: Adegan Silver
Inheritor: Amber, Deep Red, Royal Blue: Petit Crouton 2.0

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »

Hey guys I was thinking of adding another saber to my collection, but I can't decide on what color it should be! I've seen plenty of blues and reds and greens and I will soon have a saber with one of each of these colors. I want to see some examples, if possible, of the other blade colors. This includes, blazing orange, adegan silver, arctic blue, violet amethyst, sun rider's destiny, and maybe even sentinel Yellow if anyone has a picture of one. I'd like to see pictures of them in the dark to really show the color if possible. If anyone is able to post pictures of their sabers with these colors I would greatly appreciate your help! Hopefully with your guys help I can pick my new color for my next saber! Thanks everyone!  Cheesy

Check out this thread for lots of pictures and examples.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3196.0

This is an older picture, I have the other colors that are missing.

Sentinel Yellow is my FAVORITE color, all oranges coming in close second.

Pictures can be misleading due to so much light from the sabers.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:49:11 PM »

I was just gonna say, Kham-Ryn might have the best comparison shots.  Thanks for that Kham!

Those colors are pretty accurate too.  There are several threads around here that have more comparison colors, so feel free to browse a bit and I'm sure you'll find some good ones.  It's a rather common question here, since everybody wants to know what they're buying before they go ahead and order.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »

I was just gonna say, Kham-Ryn might have the best comparison shots.  Thanks for that Kham!

Those colors are pretty accurate too.  There are several threads around here that have more comparison colors, so feel free to browse a bit and I'm sure you'll find some good ones.  It's a rather common question here, since everybody wants to know what they're buying before they go ahead and order.

You're welcome Master. Grin

Guardian - If you need any pictures feel free to ask, either myself or one of the other many members could help out.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »

Here are some pictures of Dark Violet Amethyst and Fire Orange:

The Fire Orange looks pretty good in this one.

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 06:20:05 PM »

Great pictures guys. At one point I was leaning toward Violet Amethyst, put I've heard that It isn't quite the purple most people are looking for. I've also heard that sometimes to purple color fades. I'm still not sure. Orange looks pretty awesome. I was wondering does anyone have any pictures of Arctic Blue and Sun Rider's Destiny either alone or as a comparison? I've always been curious about those two. I don't even know how you get Ultra Sabers to give you a dark amethyst, pyrestone, or a yellow sentinel blade. My search for the perfect color continues! Special thanks to Kham and Gekido for there great pictures so far!

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »

Great pictures guys. At one point I was leaning toward Violet Amethyst, put I've heard that It isn't quite the purple most people are looking for. I've also heard that sometimes to purple color fades. I'm still not sure. Orange looks pretty awesome. I was wondering does anyone have any pictures of Arctic Blue and Sun Rider's Destiny either alone or as a comparison? I've always been curious about those two. I don't even know how you get Ultra Sabers to give you a dark amethyst, pyrestone, or a yellow sentinel blade. My search for the perfect color continues! Special thanks to Kham and Gekido for there great pictures so far!

The purple fades to red when the batteries start to die. It happens on all sabers they just turn different colors.

VA turns red because the Red takes less power than the blue, so it dies slower.

All of the oranges are Sick! Just depends on if you want a more Jedi orange (Fire Orange) or Sith (Pyrestone Orange).

All of the "Forums" colors are made using and RGB led to mix the colors. Believe me IDK why green and red light make yellow but I'm not complaining lol

Arctic Blue. AB

Sun Rider's Destiny. SRD

Oh and you're very welcome. Grin

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »

Thanks again Kham; you have some awesome sabers and some awesome pictures and you have helped me a great deal!  Cheesy So, if I were to ask you what color you would pick for a new saber, with the exception of red, green, and blue, what would it be? Also, if it so happens you recommend Sentinel yellow, orange pyrestone, or dark violet amethyst, how would I select that as the color for my saber when ordering since it isn't listed as a blade color option?

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 07:05:34 PM »

Thanks again Kham; you have some awesome sabers and some awesome pictures and you have helped me a great deal!  Cheesy So, if I were to ask you what color you would pick for a new saber, with the exception of red, green, and blue, what would it be? Also, if it so happens you recommend Sentinel yellow, orange pyrestone, or dark violet amethyst, how would I select that as the color for my saber when ordering since it isn't listed as a blade color option?

Well let's see........

Going off your user name "Guardian", Arctic Blue would be a good choice. Grin

IDK you gotta gimmie something to go on. lol

Here is a link to exactly that question, "Forum colors and How to order them."

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 07:11:54 PM »

Okay great thank you. I was thinking Arctic Blue as one of my choices, I'm just a little unsure because my first saber is guardian blue. If there is a big enough difference I may have to go with that. My top three that I'm debating on are Violet Amethyst (DVA maybe), Arctic Blue, and Sentinel Yellow. Oh decisions, decisions.  Undecided

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »

Okay great thank you. I was thinking Arctic Blue as one of my choices, I'm just a little unsure because my first saber is guardian blue. If there is a big enough difference I may have to go with that. My top three that I'm debating on are Violet Amethyst (DVA maybe), Arctic Blue, and Sentinel Yellow. Oh decisions, decisions.  Undecided

Well not to put AB down because it's an awesome "Iceberg" color but since you already have a GB, maybe either the VA or SY.

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 07:24:47 PM »

Hmm. Well I'm sure I'll decide sooner or later!

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »

Does anyone have any comparison pictures of Dark Violet Amethyst and Violet Amethyst? Again, thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate it.

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »

Quote from: JediGuardian18
I was thinking Arctic Blue as one of my choices, I'm just a little unsure because my first saber is guardian blue. If there is a big enough difference I may have to go with that.

They're different enough to be noticeable.  If you're using them separately, it might look similar enough that (non-saber fanatic) people confuse them, but next to each other they're definitely unique.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 07:50:47 PM »

Does anyone have any comparison pictures of Dark Violet Amethyst and Violet Amethyst? Again, thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate it.

Here I just posted a few pictures in a new comparison topic.  Grin

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4827.0

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: