Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Preview of Lightsaber colors?  (Read 8576 times)
JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »

Okay great those pictures are exactly what I needed. I know that my sister and girlfriend say that purple would be really cool. Which purple would you guys recommend? I usually prefer a darker purple, but not so dark that it's almost black. I also don't want it to look blue or indigo at the tip.I would want a nice even dark purple. Would this describe a DVA or would I be better off with a regular VA?

JediGuardian18
Sabers:
Aeon LE v3: Guardian Blue, AV switch, Obsidian
Dark Liberator v3: Dark Violet Amethyst: Obsidian
Dark Initiate v2: Adegan Silver
Inheritor: Amber, Deep Red, Royal Blue: Petit Crouton 2.0

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 08:08:48 PM »

Okay great those pictures are exactly what I needed. I know that my sister and girlfriend say that purple would be really cool. Which purple would you guys recommend? I usually prefer a darker purple, but not so dark that it's almost black. I also don't want it to look blue or indigo at the tip.I would want a nice even dark purple. Would this describe a DVA or would I be better off with a regular VA?

HMMMMM....

I would say yes to the DVA, the DVA is a RGB LED tuned to VA with more blue; so with out it the color has more red making it a "pinker" purple.

"Essentially, these forum exclusive colors are all made using RGB leds, along with Violet Amethyst, Sunriders Destiny, and Arctic Blue.  Pyrestone and Sentinel Yellow are created using a combination of red and green light, while the DVA and Bane's Heart are produced by tweaking the Violet Amethyst color (which is created using red and blue).  Meanwhile, the Arctic Blue and Sunriders Destiny are made using a combination of green and blue." - Nero Attoru, quoted from another thread.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 08:11:54 PM »

Okay DVA it is. I don't know when I'll order it but we'll see!

JediGuardian18
Sabers:
Aeon LE v3: Guardian Blue, AV switch, Obsidian
Dark Liberator v3: Dark Violet Amethyst: Obsidian
Dark Initiate v2: Adegan Silver
Inheritor: Amber, Deep Red, Royal Blue: Petit Crouton 2.0

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »

I get my grab bag with DVA led when I get home! I'll put it along side my Dominix V2 LE with BH led and my daughter's Dark Initiate V2 LE with VA.

dark side points please

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »

much obliged to show off my bellicose a little more! the pyrestone is remarkable! however it seems you are already decide, so here are so regular violet amethyst pictures, perhaps give you more perspective for the future!

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »

The problem is that the VA and it's variants are created using an RGB led, as Kham said.  This means you're pumping two different colors up the blade at a time, which results in a less even color as you go up the blade.

Not sure if it's representative, but my brother's DVA Bane at full charge had a very indigo tip, with a more violet base.  This makes me think that the VA might be more your style, but I could be wrong.

Overall, the DVA makes a deep purple color, it's very cool.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: