Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cyber Monday Raffle Winner  (Read 734 times)
Buma2032
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: December 20, 2022, 12:32:42 AM »

Greetings Everyone,
First time posting.
I was one of the prize winners and I wanted to post what I got.
I picked out a Azure Dominicide with blue blades, li-ion battery, covertec clip, blade plugs.

Thank you again for this great prize, it will go well with my future cosplay.

How do I post a picture?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 02:03:12 AM »

Hello, welcome to the forum and Congratulations!

The Force has shone favourably on you! And an Azure Dominicide you say, that is a nice choice (and quite rare as not many members here  I know of have one).

To post pictures you need to have an account somewhere online that you can store your pictures on (hosting sites such as Canva or Imgurr). You have to access your photo and display it in it's own window. If you are using windows open the image from your gallery and it will probably show up in a frame - so hover your mouse cursor over the picture and right click to open the drop down menu. From the menu click on "Open image in new tab" then when the picture opens in the new tab there shouldn't be any frames - then highlight and copy the URL web address from the bar at the top of the browser window to your clipboard.
Next  in the forum Post Editor type out your message and when you want to insert your image you will notice the menu control buttons above where you type. On the second row of icons there is a "Picture Frame" which will say "Insert Image" when you hover your cursor over it. Click the Picture Frame icon and in the text of your message will be two sets of Square Brackets containing the letters "img" and in the second bracket "/img". You need to paste the URL of your image inbetween these two sets of brackets AND delete the S from https so it reads http:// etc.
The brackets should look like:

{img}http://www.my picture URL address dot com{/img}

(I'm using round brackets above so the forum doesn't try and enter a picture in my comment ok)
You have to do this for each image you want to insert. Then finish typing your comment but before you post, click the "Preview" button and if the pictures appear in your preview you followed the steps above correctly. If all is correct click Post!

Sorry it's a long-winded explanation but Ultrasabers don't have any online storage where members can store their images easily.
Anyhoo hope this helps (If not let me know and I'll try and help sort it for you) and of course enjoy your new saber. Please stick around and share pics of it with us and maybe some of your cosplay when you get to work on it!

Buma2032
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 06:15:54 PM »

Hi Tyeth,

Thank you for your help.

Ok, it didn't work.

Buma2032
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 06:24:02 PM »

How do you delete a comment?

This forum is aggravating.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 06:40:25 PM »

Hi Tyeth,

Thank you for your help.

Ok, it didn't work.

Hi there, I just looked at your comment and I can see that you haven't isolated the picture. You have to open your gallery and select the image you want then right click on the image and select "Open image in new tab". Your URL you used has the word gallery in it meaning the picture still had it's frame. The URL should read {http://i.imgur.com/2A6fAt7.jpeg}

Otherwise you seem to have done everything else correct. Anyhow you can try again but if you can't manage I can post the image for you, ok (It looks sweet by the way!)

EDIT: Only Moderators can delete comments but you do have an hour to modify a post if you make a mistake after that time the comment is locked,.alright. You will get the hang of it!

Buma2032
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 07:27:59 PM »

Thanks,

Let's try this again.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2022, 01:08:13 AM »

Hi there Buma2032,

Success! And thanks for posting this beauty it looks really good. Hope it serves you well.

(p.s. You have mastered the hardest part of using this forum - posting pics - the rest is pretty straight forward)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: