Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade preferance  (Read 890 times)
MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« on: February 10, 2023, 05:12:37 PM »

which blade to get seems to be something that I see quite a bit so I'm going to share my experience and personal preferences.
I like the standard mid-grade blades (silver looking) for display and for the warm colors like red, orange and yellow because the colors look more true.
 I think they look much better than the ultra edge blades (white looking) because the ultra edge blades give them a kind of cream sickle look that I don't care for.
 I think that all of the other colors look fine in both blade types. They really do look good and bright. Both blade types have pros and cons.
 That being said I prefer the ultra edge blades for dueling because they seem to hide any scuff marks from dueling much better than the standard blades.
 And as I said I prefer the standard blades for display and non combat  because they look more real.
 I have both standard mid-grade and ultra edge mid-grade blades and standard heavy grade and ultra edge heavy grade blades. Mid-grade blades look just a bit brighter than the Heavy grades but they're
 both still very bright. I've dueled with both mid-grade and heavy grade blades and they have both held up well, but the heavy grade blades will obviously take more punishment!!
 I'm 5' 11'' and I prefer 32 in blades in my sabers. I find that the 32 inch blades are much more wieldy IMO. So I have cut down all of my 36 inch blades.
And the pieces that I had left I made into blade plugs. Oh, and 24 inch blades for indoors, less chance of in home damage. Wink
 I hope that you find this information helpful and MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 05:03:53 AM »

I tend to go for mg blades of either type now days, I don't duel at all anymore so. At some point I'm just gonna switch over to both mg type blades too. Blues and greens for regular uemg, red and oranges for regular mg (clear) or tri-red would probably look good in uemg too though, haven't tested that out yet though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: