Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Can you order a grab bag saber and get a forum color (i.e. DVA, Bane's Heart etc  (Read 6764 times)
JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« on: January 30, 2012, 04:37:44 AM »

I really want to order a DVA saber, I want a surprise when I get the hilt though. I planned on doing the grab bag and selecting a premium color and then putting in the order comments that I wanted Dark Violet Amethyst. Will they install the forum colors in the grab bag sabers? If anyone has received one with one of these colors installed upon request that would be great just to know that it can be done! Thanks everyone!  Grin

JediGuardian18
Sabers:
Aeon LE v3: Guardian Blue, AV switch, Obsidian
Dark Liberator v3: Dark Violet Amethyst: Obsidian
Dark Initiate v2: Adegan Silver
Inheritor: Amber, Deep Red, Royal Blue: Petit Crouton 2.0

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:42:15 AM »

I am not sure about this. I believe they just find a saber with that color already installed, and then they ship it to you. I not so sure though. Maybe someone more familiar with the grab bags can help out.

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »

i want to say yes , because i thought someone ordered a g.b. and got a saber in b.h. i could be wrong though.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »

I ordered a Grab Bag in DVA but it came in as just VA. It was a mistake I think , I'm going to contact US about it.

dark side points please

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »

For the most part you won't be getting Forum-exclusive colors from grab bags, I believe Deep has confirmed that in the past.  You can always email him first with shipping@ultrasabers.com to be sure.

If you want a DVA saber, I would look into a specific hilt.  They would all look great with that color IMO.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 02:13:18 PM »

I still like the SI in VA. I'm going to make my next order a saber staff in DVA . Thanks for the info! That would make since as Grab Bags are already assembled .

dark side points please

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »

You cannot get a grab bag in one of the forum colors because grab bags are not "made to order". Literally when you order a grab bag, they walk over the the shelf of pre-made sabers, pull one off the shelf, box it up, and ship it to you. If you request a particular color (from the dropdown menu when ordering your saber), they will turn the saber on to make sure it is that color first. Otherwise, everything is random.

Forum colors are made to order, that is, US has to adjust the dye in the LED's to that particular shade of whatever color you're looking for. So odds are, its not sitting pre-made on the grab bag shelf. So you can only get a forum color when buying a normal saber, because they make that saber for you, per your request, its not just lying around somewhere.

Liberator - Arctic Blue
[||___|___|o__|:|:|

Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 11:33:41 PM »

You cannot get a grab bag in one of the forum colors because grab bags are not "made to order". Literally when you order a grab bag, they walk over the the shelf of pre-made sabers, pull one off the shelf, box it up, and ship it to you. If you request a particular color (from the dropdown menu when ordering your saber), they will turn the saber on to make sure it is that color first. Otherwise, everything is random.

Forum colors are made to order, that is, US has to adjust the dye in the LED's to that particular shade of whatever color you're looking for. So odds are, its not sitting pre-made on the grab bag shelf. So you can only get a forum color when buying a normal saber, because they make that saber for you, per your request, its not just lying around somewhere.

Would it possibly to get a Grab Bag saber with a Forum colour if it would have been dyed before, and the hilt had a cosmetic problem? Using random?

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »

Very helpful. Good to see you back!

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 12:51:16 AM »

Would it possibly to get a Grab Bag saber with a Forum colour if it would have been dyed before, and the hilt had a cosmetic problem? Using random?

If I had to guess, I would say this is the only likely possibility for someone to get a forum color in a grab bag.

@ tratus - thanks man. I've still been stalking the forums for months... random posts here and there.... keeping up with things as best I can!

Liberator - Arctic Blue
[||___|___|o__|:|:|

Uli-Winn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

I serve no master.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 11:20:22 PM »

I can now confirm that you, in fact, can get forum colors in grab bags. I just got my grab bag that I ordered for a friend in SY. Opened it up and low and behold, a SY liberator.

Standard Issue (GB), Standard Issue (CG), Liberator (GB Grab Bag), MR Obi-Wan ROTS (Conversion in Progress), MR Darth Vader (Conversion Pending), Hasbro Mace Windu (LAME)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »

I can now confirm that you, in fact, can get forum colors in grab bags. I just got my grab bag that I ordered for a friend in SY. Opened it up and low and behold, a SY liberator.

How lucky!  Or perhaps I should say that the Force was with you...

Thanks for that bit of info Uli-Winn.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 05:45:18 PM »

Point for the info and for buying your friend a SY saber. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Niassa
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 31

Niassa - Lady of the Force's Will

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 07:39:13 PM »

Does anyone know if they still have plastic sabers in the grab bag? There used to be an option to choose between plastic and alum, but it's no longer there. That's been the thing keeping me from buying GB sabers as of now, as I only want ones I really can maintain and keep from becoming garbage.

Other than that, I don't care what colors I get, though I'd prefer to avoid Dark Side typical colors if possible. I'm more Jedi/Dark Jedi (not yet fallen).

"I am the Force's ally - My only desire is the Force's Will." - Niassa, Corellian Jedi with Dark leanings, but always serves the light.

Sabers:
SRD Prophecy v3
GB Liberator v2 - 616 Sound
BR Dominix v2

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »

The Grab Bags have gone metal-only.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH