Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Orange saber  (Read 1991 times)
MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 601

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« on: April 12, 2023, 12:03:14 AM »

I have seen the new Asoka trailer and it looks like Pyrestone Orange is now going to be a canon color. What do ya'all think?

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/sd and silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebie)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (freebie)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd and

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 08:49:30 PM »

Hi MavRick,

Well if my memory serves me correctly all the lightsabers were going to have white blades originally - then it was pointed out that just having white blades could be confusing to audiences as to who the good guys or bad guys were...so the good guys got blue sabers and the bad guys got red. Then they (Lucasfilm) had to expand the range of colours to include green with Luke's ROTJ hilt due to filming technicalities in the desert. A few years later the gaming industry and comic books (Expanded Universe) introduced other shades too. And with Disney now churning out so many new shows and introducing more factions and characters the list of canon colours is just gonna get to the point where any colour could be a lightsaber colour.

I suppose Ultrasabers introduced their new UltraPixel blades just in time  Grin

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 02:34:54 AM »

Yeah I'm excited that some shade of orange is canonically possible now! I always liked my orange/amber blade, now I can't wait to, hopefully, find out more about the possible origins of the orange blades. Are they possibly faction specific, or a result of some specific force technique used on a kyber crystal perhaps?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 05:47:51 PM »

Yeah I'm excited that some shade of orange is canonically possible now! I always liked my orange/amber blade, now I can't wait to, hopefully, find out more about the possible origins of the orange blades. Are they possibly faction specific, or a result of some specific force technique used on a kyber crystal perhaps?
Agreed. Although I absolutely hate the canon crystals now.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 06:45:06 PM »

What is the old joke/meme?

Blue = Good
Green = Blue doesn't show up against a blue sky for the Jabba sail barge fight
Red = Bad
Purple = Samuel L. Jackson wanted a purple lightsaber Wink

Orange happens to be my favorite color, so I am bias.  I will say that the UltraSabers white ("Adegan Silver") looks outstanding with the clear blade (non-ultraedge).  It is not something that I would have bought on my own; I didn't see a need for white as only Asoka used white and I am a portly man so she wasn't high on my cosplay list Smiley.  I got the white as a free initiate saber and was really pleased.  I actually included the color disks in my latest order so that I can test them out.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 08:49:28 PM »

Agreed. Although I absolutely hate the canon crystals now.

Agreed. I really don't like the canon crystals being "colorless," and based on some personality trait as the user....especially since we have canon Jedi with blades that don't fit their role. I wouldn't consider Qui-Gon a consular, he's more like a guardian, for instance. Same with Luke.

(Sig by me!)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 02:46:58 AM »

I'll be having my Bane on me first episode in case we get to see them that soon Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 11:49:07 AM »

Anybody remember Jedi Power Battles? Fun PS1 era game. Plo Koon had a yellow/orange saber in that game. He also had yellow or orange in other appearances before Attack of the Clones. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to indicate his status as a Jedi negotiator.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2023, 04:38:42 AM »

Anybody remember Jedi Power Battles? Fun PS1 era game. Plo Koon had a yellow/orange saber in that game. He also had yellow or orange in other appearances before Attack of the Clones. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to indicate his status as a Jedi negotiator.

Supposedly Yaddle also had an orange saber, as well as a couple of other Jedi. I really do wish they were a thing for Jedi again.

(Sig by me!)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2023, 01:00:57 PM »

Supposedly Yaddle also had an orange saber, as well as a couple of other Jedi. I really do wish they were a thing for Jedi again.

Yeah, Attack of the Clones was a real disappointment, when every Jedi except for Mace activated their saber and it was blue or green. In the TPM behind the scenes stuff, it was said that Adi Gallia wielded a red blade, and it was even seen in the game Jedi Starfighter. Now, I could see them not doing that one, but why they had to take away yellow and orange is beyond me.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 06:20:26 PM »

I actually really like the color of the PO in the upcoming Ahsoka show.  I have to admit to not really caring for the Disney canon kyber crystal metaphysics BUT I DO like some of the EU details (e.g. blue=Guardian, green=Consular, yellow=Sentinel) and like the different colors possible.

What is the old joke/meme?

Blue = Good
Green = Blue doesn't show up against a blue sky for the Jabba sail barge fight
Red = Bad
Purple = Samuel L. Jackson wanted a purple lightsaber Wink

Orange happens to be my favorite color, so I am bias.  I will say that the UltraSabers white ("Adegan Silver") looks outstanding with the clear blade (non-ultraedge).  It is not something that I would have bought on my own; I didn't see a need for white as only Asoka used white and I am a portly man so she wasn't high on my cosplay list Smiley.  I got the white as a free initiate saber and was really pleased.  I actually included the color disks in my latest order so that I can test them out.
Pretty much this^^

And like you, I was (pleasantly) surprised at how good AS looks.  I will say that the color disks are neat but inferior to the "colored" blades.

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2023, 09:31:58 PM »

They did sort of put yellow back in by giving it to Temple Guards, but I definitely would have liked to have seen a couple more purple and some yellow and orange sabers in that scene.

(Sig by me!)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 601

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2023, 09:44:40 PM »

That's true and the Sentinel Yellow looks great! I have one of them and I really like it.
 I don't have an orange saber but my son has a pair of  Dark Initiate LE V3's in fire orange and they look pretty good in person.   Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/sd and silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebie)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (freebie)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd and

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2023, 12:46:23 PM »

They did sort of put yellow back in by giving it to Temple Guards, but I definitely would have liked to have seen a couple more purple and some yellow and orange sabers in that scene.

Well, they only did purple for Mace because Samuel L. Jackson requested it, both because it's his favorite color and because he wanted to easily be able to pick himself out in the crowded battle scenes. I think putting any more purple in the scene would have defeated the purpose of the second reason. Plus, with either version of the lore they've created around the purple blade, it just makes Mace even cooler.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 09:04:59 PM »

They have given other Jedi purple in canon, however(just not on screen). Vernastra Rwoh from the High Republic, for instance.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: