Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Simple, but effective mod  (Read 1212 times)
Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« on: May 12, 2023, 12:30:51 AM »

Back in May 2020 (actually, three years ago today) I modded an Aeon v4 and an Initiate v4 to make a daishō.  These two hilts (as you can see from the US pics) are perfect for this.

I took some black O-rings (1" ID, 1-1/4" OD) a put them in all of the grooves. 

Then I took some 2" black shrink tubing and slipped it over the O-rings on the handle.

It made a nice effect (and add some grip to the hilt), but I felt it needed just a bit more.  I decided to put some shrink tubing around the choke points.  This ended up giving it the effect I wanted. 

They have a white tri-LEDs and "crackle" blades I got from another vendor.  I also added black D-rings to the pommels.  I don't have pics of those mods right now, but I'll get some and add them to this thread soon.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 01:40:10 AM »

FINALLY! Someone has posted custom work!

I find the simplest mods are the most effective and aesthetic

points dear friend

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 01:34:13 PM »

I love the effect of the o-rings under the heat shrink. That's fantastic. It's especially great for those of us who have simple tools and not a bunch of fancy stuff but want to add a bit of customization to our sabers. Great work.

In fact, I may actually have to borrow this idea from you. Wink

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 04:35:21 PM »

Back in May 2020 (actually, three years ago today) I modded an Aeon v4 and an Initiate v4 to make a daishō.  These two hilts (as you can see from the US pics) are perfect for this.

I took some black O-rings (1" ID, 1-1/4" OD) a put them in all of the grooves. 

Then I took some 2" black shrink tubing and slipped it over the O-rings on the handle.

It made a nice effect (and add some grip to the hilt), but I felt it needed just a bit more.  I decided to put some shrink tubing around the choke points.  This ended up giving it the effect I wanted. 

They have a white tri-LEDs and "crackle" blades I got from another vendor.  I also added black D-rings to the pommels.  I don't have pics of those mods right now, but I'll get some and add them to this thread soon.
Outstanding mods, MJ!

What a great daisho set  Smiley

Point!

I love the effect of the o-rings under the heat shrink. That's fantastic. It's especially great for those of us who have simple tools and not a bunch of fancy stuff but want to add a bit of customization to our sabers. Great work.

In fact, I may actually have to borrow this idea from you. Wink
Lol likewise, SFD  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 09:32:40 PM »

Here's pics of the pommel D-rings and the blades I have on them.  This is a simple way to take a plain saber to a different level.  Eventually, I will swap out the black switch for a silver one.  I like the hilts I hydro dipped, but this is such a simple mod.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 11:02:13 PM »

Those blades are sweet. I like the D-rings too.

Also, you have inspired me, so I ordered some o-rings that match your specs and heat shrink (both red and black) off of Amazon.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 01:29:57 AM »

Those blades are sweet. I like the D-rings too.

Also, you have inspired me, so I ordered some o-rings that match your specs and heat shrink (both red and black) off of Amazon.

I personally want to see the costume that goes with those sabers and those super sick blades!!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 08:55:08 PM »

Nice job on the mods. I also prefer the simple mods. Point to you for sharing.
 I have made several simple mods to my own sabers. The pics are back in the customization thread.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2023, 10:39:54 PM »

Adds a lot for little effort, nice pics too.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: