Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SPIN WARS X!  (Read 4983 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: December 14, 2023, 05:07:54 AM »

Here we are again saber community: 10 years after I started putting these together. 10 years!  Some of you have been here with me and some are new to the scene, but it is time for us to come together once more for another SPIN WARS. Don’t know about you all, but I had a lot on my plate this year, hence the late start, but hopefully we can pull it off and ring in a full decade of collaborative saber community montages. Have you spent time training, are you picking up the sabers for the first time? Either way, we woukd be delighted if you would join us.  Break out those sabers, cameras, and fancy moves, and get ready for SPIN WARS X!  

First though, for the new blood in the community this year, let's take a look back at where it all began.

What is Spin Wars?

Spin Wars is Tradition!!!

Simply put, most of us here tend to do our own things. We do choreographed fights, martial arts demos, spinning routines, costume work, etc. What if there was a way to get several of those things into one project that would showcase a wider picture of what we, as a community, do with lightsabers? That is what Spin Wars did last 9 years. For anyone unfamiliar, the archived videos are here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fabiOtA6Y&list=PLf2BA9eUktwuEcGbFQLsxFtvmYbyC1sUz

So what about this year? This year we are back to light side and dark side, but they will be edited into one longer video. The dark and the light will have separate songs this year. Bring your A game as there will be sides, a winner, dark and light MVPs, and once again prizes.

Anyone willing to contribute, post a video in which you show us your saber work. You can choreograph a fight, you can give us spinning, you can film some freeform work, you can do it with lit or unlit blades, in costume or in plain clothes, outside, inside, or on green screen. This footage will be edited together into a montage. You can find the links to the music below.

The criteria:

1. For editing and theme purposes, the video should be designed to accompany a piece of music posted below. If you want to have the music track in your background, feel free. If it is to other music, I’ll figure it out.

2. Your video must include a lightsaber (or exotic light or fire weapon of some sort) and be something recognizable as "a performance".

3. Your content should not violate youtube or forum rules.

The details:

If you are interested, please post and say so. Also please indicate if you will considering yourself dark side or light side for this performance. When you have a video, please post it here or on my Darth Cephalus Facebook page. I can rip things from youtube without a problem for editing, but if you post it directly to facebook, please send it through something like google dopcs as well, so I can grab it. Please include the name or moniker you would like to appear in the credits. If you have a youtube channel or web link, post it and I will include it in the description. Please try to submit material as soon as you are able. I would like to start editing in late December (let's say a final deadline around Dec 23rd) with a video release on Youtube around the first of the year.

The Music:
Light side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdE_SyHad90
Dark Side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF8dvIu16eY

Additional notes and disclaimers:

This is not a professional video. This is by and for those who are willing to donate time and energy to make it happen. I will have to decide what makes it in and what does not. I will attempt to give everyone equal time (provided they submit a long enough clip to accomplish this). I will try to include everyone, and if too many people are interested to do that, I will try to make a second cut. This may have to come out after the first though. If you have a favorite segment, feel free to let me know the time range and I will do what I can, but no promises. Other than that, feel free to discuss and ask questions if you wish. If there is anything I can do to help you put together a submission, let me know. Otherwise, let's make this one a good one.
Now Get Spinning!.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 06:27:02 AM »

I've been waiting for this! I totally get being busy though, I am as well. I'd like to try to participate, not sure whether Light or Dark yet, or if I'll even get a chance to, but I'm going to try. Can't wait to see this year's performances!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 05:54:01 AM »

Just realized I never posted the finished product here.

Spin Wars
Episode X
Spin Wars X-treme
It has now been a decade since the Spin Wars began. In that time, spinners from across the galaxy have gone head to head in 12 bouts. Together, the light and the dark have brought the spin from the deep recesses of the internet to the field of flow. Along the way, old champions have endured to take the field once more and new ones have appeared.
But now, in the thirteenth battle, which side will prevail and who will rise to determine the future of the spin?
Spinners in order of appearance:
Ben Acosta (instagram @bushidoheat)
Charred Fool
Michael Pennekamp (YouTube @darth_Morbidius)
Christian Castro (YouTube @thesaberfluxworkshop7750)
Darth Cephalus (YouTube @darthcephalus)
Anders Rune (YouTube @ChoDjinDomino)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oC7zX8AJ8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oC7zX8AJ8</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 07:25:28 AM »

Glad you got to do this. I couldn't get one filmed, it was too cold to film. Sad

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: