Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Geek/Nerd Pride  (Read 7229 times)
Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 09:27:30 AM »

Mmm, Hutts! They're Gross! Point.

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

John-Michael
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 45

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:52 PM »

I've been a nerd for as long as I can remember. I was really scrawny and uncoordinated as a kid, I could take a beating and keep going though. I was always afraid of my strength, I was adopted from a bad family and I had rage problems. I actually beat up my older brother in law when I was 4. Don't remember it at all. 

So I was scared to fight back, so I got picked on a lot all through elementary school and middle school. I started doing Shorin Ryu my 8th grade year, and I was a natural at it. So people stopped messing with me physically, but it didn't stop the verbal abuse. By then I didn't care, I was comfortable with myself and really proud of my status in my Faith and in my nerdiness. Star Warsth has always helped my  Faith so I own that right up front. I even carry my lightsaber on my belt all the time as a symbol of my dedication to my Faith and my other passions.

Anyways a lot of people try to mess with me even today, but with 15 plus years of martial arts experience... Few people are able to actually do anything to me.

Most people are just so jealous that they aren't secure enough to wear their true passions on their sleeves, or belt, or that Jedi order tattoo on my shoulder lol
Cool story!

Query:  What is your Faith?

Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -50

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 01:38:59 AM »

Another one here strong in the Geek. 40 year old tubby bastard, single, and live out in the woods on my own 3 acres of land where I plan to build a dome home once I get the funds saved. Saw Star Wars in the theatres in 1977 and every time since. 30 years of rpgs from D&D to VtM, and now trying to make my own rpgs & boardgames. Collected comics & even tried to draw them professionally. I love cheesy movies of all genres and have an "unearned" reputation amongst my friends for my film choices,(they'll never forgive me for making them watch Caveman with Ringo Starr) lol. I read quite a bit, and at one point was juggling 4 books at the same time, but I cut it down to at most 2 at a time these days. I earned a brown belt in Tang Soo Do, but have been out of practice since I left California. After Ep1 came out my friends and I made lightsabers from pipes & broomsticks and practiced fight routines, which is really how I got into martial arts in the 1st place. I was fortunate in that I found an instructor that had degrees in 6 different styles, so I learned a little bit of everything. Spent a few years on WoW and now SWTOR where my Sith sorcerer just passed lvl 46. 

I guess I was all over the place there, sorry for the stream of conciousness babbling.  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: